• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Star Beast - Alien Grindhoused

Looks like I can't properly re-score Parker & Lambert death scene, so it will be probably one of just a few scenes with original Goldsmith music left intact.
Still, it's re-edited with some additional footage spliced in.

My current in-the-works version runs 105 minutes (without end credits).

Last edited:
Re-scoring complete... phew...

Edit will include music by:

Deep Purple, Black Sabbath, Gene Page, Alan Hawkshaw, Nostromo (!), Bruno Nicolai, Antonio Valotti, Kate Nash, Christopher Gunning, Tangerine Dream, Roy Budd, Slick, Lew Stern, James Canwell, The Rolling Stones, Riz Ortolani, Gerald Sampler, The Heavy, Grand Funk, Libra, Pat Benatar, Robert Smart, Billy Squier, Claude Vasori, Lenny Kravitz, David Bowie and Michael Jackson.

All what's left to do is some sfx rebuilding in few places, some little video fixes, maybe some tweaking with grindhouse effects and end credits...

Last edited:
"Closer to Home" is now officialy in the edit :)
Actually, it's called "I'm Your Captain" but everyone I know calls it "Closer to Home".

I guess the surprise song that you used is "In The Dark" by Billy Squier. I can see lots of good places for that.

Yeah, I've tried it in several places:)
I've also tried to fit in two more but they're not in final cut as of right now.

EDIT:

End Credits done, just some sfx rebuilding left to do.

Last edited:
Got some new ideas. Added couple of dialogue lines from other movies with Weaver and some new shots based on Alien: Isolation gameplay - with boosted contrast and covered with a layer of heavy grain, those backgrounds look quite cinematic I'd say. Also, some upgrade (or rather downgrade) in terms of video quality (boosted up Grindhouse look for some scenes).

If someone (active users only) is interested in seeing preview version and giving some feedback, PM me.

Last edited:
On a quick pass, your music choices stood out as awesome!

Last edited:
Surprised you didn't use "Radar Rider" or "Veteran of The Psychic Wars". I certainly see places for those.

I'm not sure every movie could come off well grindhoused, but this one will certainly be a lot of fun. Good work on what I've watched so far!

Thanks for sharing your art!

Last edited:
Nice to hear. Just don't spoil those bigger surprises here ;) (we can talk about those via PM).

I'm still thinking about replacing that mysterious signal with different sound, but haven't decide what to do with this yet.

Well, I wasnt talking about what you've already said, that was completely ok, I was talking about BIGGER surprises

Surprised you didn't use "Radar Rider" or "Veteran of The Psychic Wars". I certainly see places for those.

The first one was a bit too heavy-metalish for the intended feeling of the edit, the second one was considered, but lost to "In the dark".
And "I'm your captain" is the sole reason the scene in which it plays is in the edit (it wasn't until I've heard the song) :)
"Ride Captain, Ride" was also considered.

Last edited:
Well...I have to say this is going to be another Grindhoused classic. Freaking awesome! It was like a single sitting watch escape. Just different enough from Alien to keep me riveted. The music choices are perfect 90% of the time. Volume adjustment could fix the other 10%. A few surprises too! This will certainly become part of my Alien collection!

Even if you didn't use "Ride Captain Ride" šŸ˜

Try to fit in William Shatner's Rocket Man ;)
Of course the obvious Star Man and Space Oddity by David Bowie come to mind.

I was able to quite nicely fit in one of those Bowie's songs ;)
Instrumental version, but still...

Last edited:
Where's the shot at 0:58 from? I don't recognise it.

Back
Top Bottom