• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Star Beast - Alien Grindhoused

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

ME7UNGY_o.jpg

Some movies are just perfection and can’t be improved. That’s one of them. But there’s always a way to provide some new interesting way to experience them and that was the goal here. Ridley Scott’s masterpiece has been converted to Grindhouse-like movie. Video got additional heavy grain and print damage, 90% of the movie was re-scored, some deleted scenes and outtakes reinstated, along with little additions of footage and dialogue lines from other movies, and some fan-created videos. New opening credits sequence was created and the end credits were also changed. Some scenes were cut, some repurposed and as a cherry on top, an alternate ending was added.

<<<ORIGINAL POST>>>

As I've kinda lost motivation for my Mortal Kombat edit, and at the same time got some ideas for something else, so MK is going to be pushed back a little, and it's place as the Grindhouse series vol#3 will be taken by this:

Yeah I've used the idea for the intro for MK edit :>

The goal, as usual with those edits - more fun, new (not always appropriate) soundtrack, some deleted scenes, and some little surprises here and there. It wil be a little faster than theatrical cut (or DC on which it is based).
I'd say progress is somewhere at 30%.

Last edited:

Malthus

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
That was pretty fun. I am a big fan of the character cards. I love the font but did feel the text itself was too clean looking.

Dawnrazor

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Star beast!
What a great idea.
A very cool trailer and the Deep purple track fits perfectly 👍

Maybe it could be cool to have the song ”Man eater” by Hall&Oats somewhere in the Edit.
The song is from 1982 and Will maybe not fit
But lyrics is nice
”ohohoh here she comes,watch out boy she’ll Chew you up
Ohohoh here she comes,she’s a maneater”

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Probably won't fit but sometimes I use 80s songs too (even if 70s fit better for that kind of edits) as was the case in JL Grindhoused, so who knows?
Anyway , any suggestions of 60s/70s/80s songs about aliens or space travels highly appreciated.

Last edited:

Jrzag42

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Try to fit in William Shatner's Rocket Man ;)
Of course the obvious Star Man and Space Oddity by David Bowie come to mind. Come Sail Away by Styx is a great song about aliens, but probably won't fit this movie.
I'll be honest, I don't listen to a ton of pre-80s music, but I'll try to think of something more.

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I'm also using more modern music but only if it doesn't have too modern sound.

Also, it seems there's gonna be Michael Jackson in it...

There's no escaping the jaws of the alien this time (they're open wide)
This is the end of your life, ooh

Last edited:

DigModiFicaTion

DᴉმWoqᴉԷᴉcɑꓕᴉou
Staff member
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Those opening credits look great. I'd agree that a slight degradation of the text might be in order. Looks great!

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
if it's possible to apply filters to text in Vegas, then I'll see what I can do. I could replace titles with pictures modified in PS too, but would lose animation of the text.

Completing soundtrack now, luckily, the audio is re-score friendly at least 80% of the time (will need some SFX rebuilding though).

Heavisyde

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Would hard coding the subs into a clip then applying the filter to the new HC clip work?

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Well, I thought I the dirt was placed over the titles (in Vegas it is placed higher than text) but after closer inspection it looks like the dirt (and grain layer for that matter) is, for some reason, under the titles which it shouldn't be...

EDIT: Ok, I've figured it out. Now the layers are in correct order so the titles won't be so clean :)

Last edited:

ArtisDead

Banned
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Not all about aliens or space travel but seem appropriate

Lunatic Fringe by Red Rider
Veteran of The Psychic Wars by Blue Oyster Cult
Children of The Sun by Billy Thorpe
Radar Rider by Riggs
On The Loose by Saga
Wind Him Up by Saga
In The Dark by Billy Squier
Ride Captain Ride by Blues Image
Closer to Home by Grand Funk Railroad
Don't Call Us by Sugarloaf
Get Ready by Rare Earth
I'd Love to Change The World by Ten Years After
Crystal Ship by The Doors
Let's Live for Today by The Grass Roots

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
There is one song on this list, that I'm seriously considering to include.
There's also the other one that has very appropriate lyrics, but not the mood which I'd like for the particular scene...

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
The other one is Closer to home and the one... let's not spoil it ;)

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I've just spent two days working on the alternate ending. Learned some new usable tricks along the way.

btw, is here anyone familiar with Alien 20th anniversary DVD and "alternate score track" included on it?

Last edited:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Trying hard not to show you any of finished scenes too early but I just can't do that no more :D
Here's a little clip:

Gieferg

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points

I've just decided to make a poster based on one of my favourite Alien graphics - from the cover of "Nightmare Asylum" book.

Last edited:
Top Bottom