• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spartacus: Blood & Sand

Y'know, I'd read somewhere that this was partially John Hannah's idea. This is true, as he so likes too much:

a) Shouting 'C*CK' and 'F*CK* as often as possible.
b) Seeing Lucy Lawless partially naked.
c) Being a sneering evil b@stard!

He will be missed in season 2.

d) Actually getting to fool around with Lucy (as well as all the other tail)

Indeed they both will, and I'm not in the least bit surprised he wanted more Batiatus action, it's quite frankly the best role he's had since Four Weddings and he obviously enjoys the hell out of playing it.

Particularly the first five mins of the last ep I would wager ;)

Ahh well, so much for Gaia(sp?) making it into the second series.

Well Gods of the Arena was Awesome! And some good news for Season 2, rumour has it that Lucy Lawless will be back!

nOmArch said:
Well Gods of the Arena was Awesome! And some good news for Season 2, rumour has it that Lucy Lawless will be back!

How? I'm pretty sure she was
deaded?

I'll see if I can dig up the link but essentially.

The producers said to one of the writers that they really wanted Lucy back for the second series and he categorically refused saying that she was dead and that was that. Two days later he rang them back with "I've had an idea..."

probably along the lines of.

Left for dead but is somehow found alive in the morning and, due to the miscarriage, is now consumed with bitter hatred and desire for revenge against Spartacus any way she can...

I kinda hope not, but a full on evil Lucretia is something I'd um, like to, see.

EDIT: clicky, about half way down

GotA Blu Extras

• Gods of the Arena: Featurette
  • Weapons of Mass Disruption
  • Battle Royale: Anatomy of a Scene
  • On Set With Lucy Lawless :eek:
  • 10 Easy Steps to Dismemberment
  • Post Production: The Final Execution
  • Enter The Arena: Production Design
  • Dressed to Kill
  • Convention Panel
  • Arena Bloopers
Blu-ray Exclusive Features:
  • 3D "Ring of Fire" Battle Sequence
  • Extended Episodes
  • Audio Commentaries On All Episodes (including: Writer/Creator/Executive Producer Steven S. DeKnight, Executive Producer Rob Tapert and actors John Hannah, Lucy Lawless, Dustin Clare, Jaime Murray, Peter Mensah - and more)

I'm seriously getting GOTA and BAS on Blu Ray and then watching in chronological.

Have you been watching the trailers for the new season???

Already did that for B&S when the Blu's came out, and I backtobacked GotA a few months ago as I wanted to watch it all in one go.

No reason why I couldn't go for an epic marathon of the whole lot, plus I really want to see the extra footage, final GotA episode is now 1:08 mins long!

not seen any trailers for S2 yet, I'm just off to google, I may be some time...

...or not

Fucking Aye! The new guy is quite good :), doesn't have the brooding though :(

Two weeks to go til season 2 hits, yay!

Once Lucretia gets her memory back I'm sure she'll make up for Batiatus' absence

Liam is nowhere near intense enough though :( Still it took Andy a few ep's to get that right.

I'm going to try very hard to not watch the next three ep's and then watch them all together. I am expecting failure though :)

Well that totally failed and quite glad it did as episode 2 was so much better than episode 1, warming to Liam a bit more as well.

Never thought I'd be happy to see Asha, feel a bit sorry for the bald gladiator though...

Ep 3 very good.

Aarrggghhhh no, Crixus is no more :( I guess Gannicus will be turning up next week

Nah - I'm not buying that....we're led to believe he has been stabbed, but then Ashur 'pistol-whipped' him across the head.

Historically, Crixus didn't go out like that. I reckon he assists in Oonemaus'(Doctorae) escape to Spartacus.

Didn't spot that I assumed Asha just staved his head in or something considering the look he had on his face when he did it, anyway let's all hope I'm wrong :)

Yay! I was wrong

Hmmmm, not really sure how I feel about season 3, while I did enjoy watching it and seeing my favourite characters back on screen it just felt like something was missing (funny that) and just goes to show how much of the show Andy really carried.

All the OTT fights and screwing, double crossing, back stabbing and general naughtiness were there, the rest of the cast, I think, totally stepped up to the plate Ilythia and Lucretia particularly and it should of been greater than the sum of its parts yet it wasn't.

I'd be really interested to see how much rewriting they did when they got Liam on board I'd put a fairly hefty wager on the fact they heavily stripped his part down.

I think all things considered they probably shouldn't of made it yet I will still buy the Blu's so I suppose a successful product by proxy.

I've watched up to episode 5 of the new season, it started slow and has been picking up steam and improving gradually; the new lead actor certainly does not have as much star shine as Andy did but he's serviceable - I'm starting to think that Gannicus will be the new star of the show, only time will tell.

I doubt that we'll get a season 4.

Back
Top Bottom