• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Spartacus: Blood & Sand

Turns out that Miller isn't in the running. These three chaps are:

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/18701/trio-of-hunks-compete-for-spartacus-

spart_article.jpg

Good to see all the guys in there! For some reason I wasn't expecting to see Crixus, Barca, Oenomaus and Ashur as gladiators. I think this is going to rock the house. Crixus looks weird with long hair.

Will they ever hurry up and (sadly)choose a new Spartacus?

Season 2 was supposed to start in April, I'm guessing it's gonna be next year now and that's assuming they choose someone PDQ.

/most dissatisfied

ditto on the long hair, I had to watch the trailer again just to be sure it was him.

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news/19093/liam-mcintyre-is-the-new-spartacus-

liam_article.jpg

Australian film and TV actor Liam McIntyre has won the gruelling and rigorous audition process to claim the title role in the second season of Starz' hit franchise "Spartacus".
McIntyre takes over the role of the Thracian warrior sold into slavery in the Roman Republic city of Capua - where he rises to become the champion of the city - before leading the slave revolt that ended the first season 'Blood and Sand' where the role was portrayed by Andy Whitfield.
Whitfield was forced to leave the show in order due to health issues and has given his blessing to the recasting.
McIntyre, currently in New Zealand in training for the role, begins work on the production in Spring. His credits include guest spots on shows like "The Pacific," "Rush" and "Neighbours".

Just hurry the hell up and start filming for gods sake!

Quite impressed with their final choice though, he definitely has the look of Andy.

Only a week or so to go now til the prequel. yay!

nOmArch said:
Just hurry the hell up and start filming for gods sake!

Quite impressed with their final choice though, he definitely has the look of Andy.

Only a week or so to go now til the prequel. yay!

Without trying to sound too battyboy, Whitfield had this sort of hardened look, but the eyes were quite sorrowful and soft. This new guy, McIntyre seems to have that similar look. Shave his head, grow some stubble and I think he'll resemble Andy quite well. Thing is though, I'd rather he bring a sort of different intensity to the role, rather than copy what Whitfield has already done. Saying that, I'm sure Starz just want to get on with it however he plays it.

Whatever, good luck Mr McIntyre.

I'm coming to this show kind of late, I guess because I felt it couldn't possibly live up to Rome and the Kirk Douglas movie, both of which are obvious inspirations. I have to say, though, that it's growing on me a lot.

Here are some other shots of "the new guy" that I think show off his resemblance and presence a bit better:

MV5BMzU0MjYwNTYyNV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwOTc3NjA2Mw@@._V1._SX576_SY720_.jpg
2s1vltv.jpg
infqdx.jpg

Time will tell, of course, but I think they did a good job under the circumstances -- and from what I've heard, Whitfield himself signed off on the choice, so that bodes well too.

ETA: And this appears to be an official headshot from Starz, complete with the buzzcut:

PHP4D34EB208CEFD.jpg

white43 said:
Without trying to sound too battyboy, Whitfield had this sort of hardened look, but the eyes were quite sorrowful and soft.

Totally, He's got that brooding smouldery look down pat. Probably why the women I've talked too, who admitted to watching it, all thought he was 'dreamy'.

Roll on series 2.

Me as a Gladiator...Lol

image783.jpg

EDIT: This is from a DIY God-U-Up app on the starz.com site.

Hahahah. Nice one nom......

.....GOTA available for download now......

Yep, just waiting for the sun to go down and the beer to get cold.

nOmArch said:
Yep, just waiting for the sun to go down and the beer to get cold.

Yea, funny that - that's my plan as well. Except substitute beer for wine.

You old devil! you haven't still got some of that Falernian saved have you?

Io's Taint! That was a great opening episode.

There was plenty 'o dialogue, but it was cool enough. I didn't think Oonemaus would be pre-Doctore.....

Also reading that Gannicus will be turning up in Season 2, as well as that brunette little minx who is currently Lucretia's best mate ;-)

Episode 3 and thing's are getting interesting, was thinking some of the magic had gone but they have totally got it back with week.

Back
Top Bottom