• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Son of Krypton

Actually you know what. I could add in the scene of the two ships getting close to kansas.

Here's a rough clip from Zod's broadcast. With someone new watching it...

This is a clip of the rescoring for a few adjacent scenes in the edit. Note the removed comical theme from Lex's lab scene (the original score was an homage to Lex and Otis from 1970's Superman and not a welcome one imo). In a prior scene Lex has already viewed the Kryptonian ship in the enclosed warehouse.

Last edited:
Here's an expanded update of the rearranged scenes leading up to Superman's first encounter with Zod. TinyBreadMouse brought up the issue that the General might not have enough motivation to release Superman, and this update aims to fix that.

Personally, I think you handled it. My only note is that the cut from Swanwick back to Superman/Lois is a bit jarring. The audio editing needs to transition better, but I can't think of a suggestion as to how to do that.

Personally, I think you handled it. My only note is that the cut from Swanwick back to Superman/Lois is a bit jarring. The audio editing needs to transition better, but I can't think of a suggestion as to how to do that.
The difference in audio is from actually in the original. But it becomes less than ideal because now where the cuts fall, after a loud scene, now there is only one transition between the holding room and the viewing room, rather than back and forth 3 or more times making your ears get used to the reason for the difference. The fix is probably easy. Could just add the ambience from the viewing room into the holding room so they match.

I submitted Son of Krypton for review. Here's a clip from v1.1: First Flight Rescored

Clip of the phantom bomber scene, tightened up, rescored (beginning part) and also Lois removed.

Clip from Superman's confrontation with Lex. Here Lex does not kidnap Lois:

Edit submitted for review. Thread moved to pending.

Everyone, I'm really happy with the critical feedback I've been getting in the review process. One significant creative change this edit made was altering the Krypton storyline. But rather than go for too much unnecessary ambiguity, I will now make it clear Jor-El is Kal-El's father from the beginning and also clearly depict Jor-El's death, which now happens much earlier. And rather than have the insurrection be immediately quelled with almost no effort, I've repurposed a scene to better portray the suppression of the rebellion.

The current release is available to watch. Updated to v1.2 as the official review process is in progress.

How come this is still not on the site? (along with very well done JL edit).

1. Changed Audioslave music from scene with Clark “borrowing” clothes.

The song was recorded almost decade before Audioslave was formed.

1. Zod dies on impact to the ground, no heat vision neck snap.

And that's the only change that I really don't like.
It was powerful scene and Superman always kills Zod anyway - he did that in Superman II and in the comic books too.

Last edited:
Alternate Cover Art

full

Back
Top Bottom