• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Solo - A Star Wars Story

Apparently there seems to be a "leaked" promo poster circulating.
Solo-02.jpg

https://screenrant.com/han-solo-alden-ehrenreich-first-look/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
What's with the Falcon? It has a uni-nose and a flat dish. Han is also rocking a very ST:TNG Picard leisure jacket.
latest

That poster's something. Not much of a fan of the costume design, but those colours are great. The falcon, well, it isn't our falcon, but it's a pretty nice refresh.

Han solo looks a lot like nathan fillion(mal )character  from firefly in this poster

I think he looks more like nuKirk than Mal.

I have a baaaaad feeling about this movie

matrixgrindhouse said:

tumblr_nuxqu9s4xc1si3gq6o1_400.gif

TenseFemaleKillerwhale-size_restricted.gif

That was already discussed in the article. Thanks though.

It seems that Disney says fake, but Lucas Film gave a take down order. I suppose we believe whatever we want to. I find it curious that Disney is making such a dual about a particular piece of unofficial art. There are thousands of unofficial art pieces out there.

Anyway, after scouring the internet I finally found a scene from the new Han Solo movie. You thought Johnson took risks with porgs, check out the implied origin of Chewbacca.
Come on people, it's just a movie....
funny-kid-dog-Han-Solo-costume1.jpg

Hmmm, I't's just possible that while this artwork is technically 'unofficial', that it's still been mocked-up using some actual official promo material images.  Possibly.

It's the Falcon image that's making me unsure what to believe...as although the maker has included the rumoured new colour-scheme, it would have been very easy to just add it to some image of the standard-looking Falcon, rather than altering the front shape.

So I'll wait and see if we're actually getting this weird new Falcon design to start off with, or not...but if these images are indeed legit, then young Lando's haircut is certainly gonna be a distraction in this. ;)

I hope chewie gets hassled in a bar by some drunk idiot and he punches the guy right in the face! BAM! And that guy turns out to be Han Solo. But I'll settle for Chewie punching some other guy in the face. I also want to see how good Lando had the Falcon looking before Han and Chewie ruin it. I also want to see Han in the 'gutter' at the start, just sh!t faced after being kicked out of the empire or something... he goes into a bar that wont give him any more booze so he tries to get Chewie to buy him some booze, Chewie tries to ignore him but han pulls on his fur and BAM! Right in the kisser.
Just have Chewie punch Han. I don't know why but the movie needs it, otherwise it will tank. #Chewiepunchedfirst

DigModiFicaTion said:
It seems that Disney says fake, but Lucas Film gave a take down order. I suppose we believe whatever we want to. I find it curious that Disney is making such a dual about a particular piece of unofficial art. There are thousands of unofficial art pieces out there.

(I read that last part in Admiral Ozzel's voice)

38652373344_88be971d91_o.jpg

Fake or not... it at least proves the point that the guy looks believable as young Harrison Ford, which Disney should really have done themselves by now.

Well, if nothing else, I’m excited that Williams is doing the theme. Han Solo and the Princess is my favorite cue in the entire Star Wars cinematic universe.

^ Ah, but that's a couple/love theme.

Which makes me think: if Han's theme in Solo were Indiana Jones' theme (okay, the "Raiders March"), I would laugh, loudly. :p

Moe_Syzlak said:
Well, if nothing else, I’m excited that Williams is doing the theme. Han Solo and the Princess is my favorite cue in the entire Star Wars cinematic universe.

Awesome news.  Ideally, I want Williams' creative energies saved up for Episode IX, but I'll never, ever be disappointed by his contributions.  A hint of his magic should help me accept this take on the classic character.

Gaith said:

Which makes me think: if Han's theme in Solo were Indiana Jones' theme (okay, the "Raiders March"), I would laugh, loudly. :p

"The Scoundrel's March"

Gaith said:

Oh I know. I wouldn’t expect that to be reused, but for a character that’s never had a proper theme for himself, that is what we have to go on. I think it’s fantastic and I’m probably getting my hopes up that he’s inspired by the character.

Minor (to me) and very unsurprising (to me) spoilers within:

Some Lego sets have leaked and one is called “Kessel Run Millennium Falcon.” This is completely unsurprising to me. I have my issues with TLJ but at least it didn’t spend its runtime over explaining every minutiae of every little thing mentioned on screen in any movie. We don’t need to see it all. In fact, often the ideas we have in our own heads about what happened are ruined by showing it.

While I knew this was coming, the confirmation further dampens my enthusiasm for this movie.

It's most likely going to be a heist movie attached to the Kessel run.

Saw that one coming from lightyears away.

Back
Top Bottom