• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

So basically.... A Movie Summary Game

Rich boy doesn't want to do his dad's job when he gets older, and when he's forced into it he immediately screws it up and nearly loses everything. Fortunately, he's got some sassy friends to help him rally and learn his dad was probably right about a lot of things that he just didn't understand because he was spoiled and sheltered.
Is it somehow The Godfather?

^I purposely left out a couple specifics that might give it away because I wanted to see what people thought of that's pretty similar. I was not thinking of The Godfather, but I like the idea of Michael having "sassy friends". haha

Rich boy doesn't want to do his dad's job when he gets older, and when he's forced into it he immediately screws it up and nearly loses everything. Fortunately, he's got some sassy friends to help him rally and learn his dad was probably right about a lot of things that he just didn't understand because he was spoiled and sheltered.
The Lion King?

^I purposely left out a couple specifics that might give it away because I wanted to see what people thought of that's pretty similar. I was not thinking of The Godfather, but I like the idea of Michael having "sassy friends". haha

I mean I know these aren't the answers, but the first thing that came to mind for me were holiday movies like Noelle (2019) and Hop (2011), I feel like kid disappointing high profile dad and having a redemption arc is a reasonably common movie trope so you can pull a pretty wide variety of guesses even with the sassy friends qualifier!

The Lion King?
Ooh, great guess except that he "just can't wait to be king!"

I mean I know these aren't the answers, but the first thing that came to mind for me were holiday movies like Noelle (2019) and Hop (2011), I feel like kid disappointing high profile dad and having a redemption arc is a reasonably common movie trope so you can pull a pretty wide variety of guesses even with the sassy friends qualifier!
Totally. But I do try to write these so that when people figure out the movie, my description feels particularly snarky and funny.

Okay, extra hint: A poor boy grows up hating the rich one for everything he's taken for granted, and the moral of the story ends up being that you just can't help poor people because they're too damaged and jaded, but you also can't say "not my problem". You have to try to spread your wealth to try to make their lives better as kids.

Last edited:
Okay, extra hint: A poor boy grows up hating the rich one for everything he's taken for granted, and the moral of the story ends up being that you just can't help poor people because they're too damaged and jaded, but you also can't say "not my problem". You have to try to spread your wealth to try to make their lives better as kids.
This has to be a superhero movie, right? I'm gonna say Black Panther. The Batman also came to mind, but the initial description doesn't quite match.

So basically this guy is obsessed with radiation so much so that his research leads him to witnesses the birth of a terrifying monster

^I feel like you're baiting us to say The Hulk when this is actually Godzilla

^I feel like you're baiting us to say The Hulk when this is actually Godzilla
Ooooh I was actually baiting you to say your suggestion when in fact it was Oppenheimer

Back
Top Bottom