• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Show off with your computer

this is a great computer, avp.
the perfect computer for fanediting.
The CPU might not be the newest, but it totally rocks when encoding.
What are your speeds on CCE when using DVD Rebuilder multipass?

i havnt got it installed on this PC.

New Rig

CPU: Amd64 X2 6000+ OC'ed to 3.5Ghz
Cooler: AMD Freezer 64 Pro Cooler
Ram: 4GB of OCZ DDR2 PC2-6400 / 800MHz 5-4-4 OC'ed to 850Mhz
PSU: Coolermaster eXtreme Power 650W
Mobo: Asus M2R32-MVP (AMD 580X CrossFire Chipset+ATIâ„¢ SB600) with, quite frankly, more OC'ing features than you can shake a stick at.
GPU: 2 x HD 2600XT 256Mb DDR4's Crossfired running @ True 16x Bandwidth and OC'ed to 900Mhz Core & 1220Mhz Mem
HDD: Western Digital 500GB Sata2 16Mb Cache
Screen: 22" WS LCD Screen Running @ 1650 x 1050
Sound: Soundmax ADI 8.1 HD Audio
OS: Vista x64 Home Premium (DX10 is totally worth the sacrifice of Vista)
Case: Nothing special, but it has got a see thru panel and coloured LED's

Gives me a Vista score of 6.0

Speaking of Vista, it actually runs really well on the above system and is now quite a pleasent experience. never actually thought i'd hear myself say that :oops:

that is a very nice computer you got there, n0march! Great for editing. The mobo sound (soundmax) is not the very best though, so you might want to think about a Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Extreme. Not expensive and worth every penny. With all the overclocking (especially of the CPU) you might run into an overheating problem, when it is really hot outside, because your graphics cards also will get really hot under work. And welcome to the maximum voltage users club. :D

the 8.1 sound is more than good enough for me and sounds great through my 2.1 system, and the heat thing really isnt an issue, my GPU's clock in at 45C at full load and the CPU runs at around 50C on full load with VDimm running @ 1.4V

Asus boards and hardcore coolers really do rock!

and hopefully i will be able to upgrade to a Phenom, a couple of HD4800's and maybe 8Gb of Ram in the not to distant future :)

To replace my now rather long in the tooth Athlon 64 x2 6000+ I just purchased a Phenom II X4 940 3.0Ghz Black Edition ( will happily OC to 3.6 - 3.8) which my two 8800GT's in SLI are gonna love!

Back
Top Bottom