• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Show off with your computer

Talk about big screens...my new monitor just came in today to replace one that didn't have a high enough screen resolution. My old one was a 15"(!) Sony that came with my VAIO; my replacement is a 22" widescreen ASUS VW222U.

Let me tell you, going from working with a 15" screen (and have gotten well used to it) to a 22" widescreen? It's mindblowing. I feel like I need to turn my head just to see everything on the screen now. 8)

Can't wait to install my Adobe Creative Production Suite now that my screen can handle it...

holy shit! i love your screen!!! if i stare longer on this picture i might get an erection...

but why the hell do you have so many guns?

i thought you were a peacelover. looks like you have plans on revolting...

?Are you expecting an army?? - ?No, just a division?

and please tell me that that is not a gattling gun on the right shelf!

It's for home protection, and you never know when the Swedes are going to invade... :)

bet they're all replicas ;)

and if thats for real ie you actually own it, i'll eat my hat

i thought of you as a guy who has no hat.

maybe simba has a small, oddly shaped penis and tries to compensate for that... I would understand.

and: the gattling gun is fucking awesome!

;-)

Heinrich said:
i thought of you as a guy who has no hat.

you're right, i have a big shiny helmet instead :eek: :???: :eek: :smile:

is someone hiding behind the curtain?
..and there is still a lot of space under that desk for some more computers. ;-)

maybe simba has a small, oddly shaped penis and tries to compensate for that... I would understand.

It is oddly shaped, but it isn't small. I had no complaints so far... 8)

boon23 said:
is someone hiding behind the curtain?
..and there is still a lot of space under that desk for some more computers. ;-)

no just a big window behind the curtain. The two computers under the desk are just spare parts machine neither one of them is even complete. I really need to clean that desk area tonight.

e1dudg.jpg

Ehhh. this is my (obviously) changeable layout as of 5 minutes ago.

ahhhh the joys of being a student :)

same ghetto setup I had in college. The laptop hooks directly to the old tv. the futon, the random box of junk, the cups everywhere.

wait a sec, get rid of the futon and i still have that...dammit!

AvP said:
you cant run 4 gb on xp

nope, not in its original setting, but i heard of some kind of patch that makes xp allocate up to 6 gig memory, and its also compatible with memorysticks and so on running as memory after that fix, like vista...

I think there a complete hacked xp with that function out, like an xp/vista-hybrid of some sort,
i think its called windows xp black elite or something like that...search google...
its not a official windows but it works as hell,

you guys and your memory talk...

of course you can run 4GB of memory

your computer uses all of it

windows just is limited to 4GB - hardware requirements = remainder

btw. I followed your advice and purchased 4GB of corsair RAM, the one you suggested. And it totally rocks. Thanks for the tip!

you're welcome!

i'm glad you are happy with my suggestion (and that you felt it was a good one) ;)

you will definitely see an improvement with multimedia like encoding, editing and graphic design. awesome.

This came today :D

CPU: Intel? Core 2 Quad Q6600
CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Golden Orb II
Motherboard: Asus P5N-E SLI (nForce 650i chipset)
Memory: 2.0GB Corsair DDR2 667mhz (1x 2GB)
Hard Drive: 500GB S-ATA2 3.0Gb/s
Graphics card: NVidia GeForce 8800GT 512MB
Optical Drive: 5x Blu-Ray ROM S-ATA DVD?RW
Sound card: Creative X-FI Xtreme 7.1 Music
Operating System: Microsoft? Windows XP Professional SP2
PSU: 600W
Case: Coolermaster Cavalier 3

Back
Top Bottom