• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

RUIN a great movie with a hilariously misjudged end credits song!

A great end credits song can be a fantastic capper to a film: think of Zodiac's "Hurdy-Gurdy Man" and Premium Rush's "Baba O'Reilly," to name just two. That's not what this game is about, though. This game is about utterly RUINING a good movie with a hilariously misjudged end credits song. Just imagine: you gather your friends together for a home screening of Jurassic Park, but, unbeknownst to them, you've made one teeensy change. At the end, as the helicopter flies into the sunset, instead of John Williams' classic score, one hears... "Jurassic Park" by Weird Al Yankovic. Hilarity!

Of course, merely pairing a movie with a randomly inappropriate song is too easy. Most movies, from Casablanca to Spotlight, could utterly defaced by Smash Mouth's "All Star" playing over the end credits. (Well, Casablanca doesn't actually have end credits, but one gets the idea.) The trick, and the humor, lies in picking a song that's germane enough to the movie to not baffle potential viewers as to why it's there, but also schlocky/ironic/altogether misjudged enough to be hilariously, horribly misjudged. The point is to make the audience groan, and possibly even hurl, not to scratch their heads.

So, let the games begin! (It may help to quote a lyric or two along with one's movie/song selections, for clarity's sake.) Of course, I have a few to get us started...

- Mad Max: Fury Road: "The Way" by Fastball ("Anyone can see the road that they walk on is paved in gold/And it's always summer, they'll never get cold...")

- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back: "Father Figure" by George Michael ("I'll be your daddy...")

- Seven: "Out of My Head" by Fastball

- The Social Network: "Tubthumping" by Chumbawumba (the humor here lies in the sheer incongruity of the pick: the movie isn't about Zuckerberg being knocked down and getting up again; he just keeps rising and rising)

- Ex Machina: "She Blinded Me with Science" by Thomas Dolby ("Good heavens, Miss Sakamoto, you're beautiful!")

- Psycho: "Psycho Killer" by Talking Heads

- Skyfall, Spectre, or any of the last three Mission: Impossible films, or MacGruber: "Extreme Ways" by Moby. (Wouldn't work as well with No Time to Die, though.)

- 1984, or The Lives of Others: "Somebody's Watching Me" by Rockwell

- Downfall: "War" by Edwin Starr

- The Matrix: "What's Up" by 4 Non Blondes (bonus, this song was used prominently and repeatedly in the Wachowskis' Sense8!)

- Unforgiven: "Cowboy" by Kid Rock

- Avengers: Infinity War: "Missing You" by John Waite

... This thread may or may not have been inspired by the hilarious YouTube channel "Walk of Life Project", in which the opening bars of the jaunty Dire Straits song is applied to all kinds of films:

Your turn, all! :)

Frozen ________ Crawling - Linkin Park

The Northman __________Hey Ya - Outcast

Pride and Prejudice ________ Who Let the Dogs Out - Baha Men

Rocky ___________ Footloose - Kenny Logins

Snowpiercer - Ice Ice Baby by Vanilla Ice

A Nightmare Before Christmas - Mr. Jack by System Of A Down

A Nightmare On Elm Street - In Dreams by Roy Orbison (this does have the potential to work really well though)

Chasing Amy - Pink Triangle by Weezer (this would just come across as misunderstanding the movie which is really funny)

The Shining - Shiny Happy People by REM

How about Predator + Hungry Like the Wolf by Duran Duran.

Love it - but, why just the first Predator? Like Bourne's "Extreme Ways," let's apply it to the whole series! :ROFLMAO:

My mind is trying to come up with a movie that can be ruined with One Week by Barenaked Ladies. The best I can come up with is Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

I'm not even fond of that movie, but what a perfect pick! (y)😋

Two more for you all:

- The Abyss: "Octopus's Garden" by The Beatles

- Avatar: "Electric Blue" by Icehouse ("I just freeze every time you see through me, and it's all over you... electric blue")

- The Lord of the Rings
(any of them): "Ring of Fire" by Johnny Cash

Last edited:
Alien - Never Gonna Give You Up by Barry White. Because what better way to end a movie known for its disturbing sexual symbolism than with a romantic sexy song by Barry White?

Abba's Waterloo to cap off Ridley's Napoleon (or any Napoleon film really):

^ 4K video remaster by the way!

This playing over the end scene of The Matrix, cut to credits at about 44 seconds in:

It would certainly be ridiculous but I'm not sure it would ruin The Matrix ending. It times almost exactly to the ending. Start playing just after Neo's last line.

Last edited:
^ That idea was too good not to try :LOL:

MV5BNzA1N2EyNjAtMWNlOS00ZjBiLThhNjItNWQ3YTNkYjUxNTgwXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTU3NDU4MDg2._V1_FMjpg_UX1000_.jpg

Last edited:
^ One could wreak a lot of offensive mischief with Edwin Starr's "War" and Aerosmith's "Dude (Looks Like A Lady)," but I'll leave it at that.

I'm not a big Harry Potter fan, but "Magic" by The Cars could be a fun one. Especially the early line: "Summer... it's like a merry-go-round," when of course summer at the Dursleys is the worst time for the kiddo in his first few years. Though of course, the juxtaposition would be funnier with the later and darker entries, especially the cliffhanger of Deathly Hallows Part One. ("Magic" would also be a funny fit for most episodes of Carnivàle!) :p

Back
Top Bottom