• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ron Burgandy announces - Anchorman 2

Not exactly new, it was posted on Paramount UK's YouTube channel a year ago, but since it's not here I thought I'd share it.

International Teaser

The full official theatrical trailer

The full official theatrical trailer (alternate version)

And a couple of UK promos:

saw this today and man was i disappointed, way to long and not enough memorable new quotes or scenes. this review best sums up my feelings towards the film http://screenrant.com/anchorman-2-movie-reviews/

hopefully they'll be plenty of deleted footage to work with as there must be a good film to be found somewhere within this mess

I saw this last night as a double feature with the first. The original is one of my favorite comedies so my expectations for this were pretty low as I did not think it had a chance of measuring up to the first. I have to say, those expectations were swiftly surpassed. I loved it. The film's funny from start to finish. There are a lot of jokes that build upon those from the first, but they're balanced out with wholly new jokes too. Was it as original/funny/memorable/quotable as the first? No, of course not. But was it still pretty damn good? Yes, yes it was. Much better than your typical comedy sequel.

I really enjoyed it, myself. Not quite as much as the original, but it was a worthy followup. I'm surprised that it was actually about something. Wasn't expecting social commentary, I'll say that much. Pleased that they didn't rehash the original, either. It felt like a real sequel.

Phew! Just made it to the 4:20 show. Let the fun begun.

9wni.jpg

Wow, what a ridiculous movie. But I loved the hell out of it. Sure it's not as good as the first, but who expected it to be? It may have been too long and a lot of jokes fell flat, but I'm going to enjoy rewatching this in the time to come. Maybe I'll fanedit it some day.

4/5

Anchorman-2-quote-Im-alive.png

I agree, not as good as the first, but definitely worth watching. One thing that struck me is that it is not as quote-worthy as the first. No memorable quotes really come to mind. Maybe because I've only seen it once, not sixteen kajillion times.

Not sure what the release date for this is yet, but scheduled for a June 30th release is a 4-disc Wal-Mart exclusive steelbook edition combo pack featuring both films. And if you read the fine print, text on the lower right side of the image, you'll see that it will include 3 versions of Anchorman and 3 versions of Anchorman 2.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Anchorman...Blu-ray-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/34515454

My prediction is that "3 versions" = Anchorman on BD, Anchorman on DVD, Wake Up Ron Burgundy on DVD. Same for "The Legend Continues" with the alternate cut only on BD.

Neglify said:
My prediction is that "3 versions" = Anchorman on BD, Anchorman on DVD, Wake Up Ron Burgundy on DVD. Same for "The Legend Continues" with the alternate cut only on BD.

Nope. If you check the same text where it says that it will have 3 versions of both films it also states that all four discs are Blu-Ray's. Digital HD copies of both films are also included, but unlike regular digital copies HD digital copies aren't included on the discs. You'll get a piece of paper, or two since there's two films, with a code to activate on Flixster to get your digital copies. Once activated you can either stream online or download to a device of your choice. Just like an Ultraviolet copy.

i did read an article in which Adam McKay says they could have up out about three versions of anchorman 2 all with alternative jokes. the first film had both a theatrical and r rated release on dvd along with wake up so maybe something similar in regards to part 2

I see the fan-edit potential for this is going to rival the first film. BBC reports this will have a limited UK release btw ^

^ And an American one, also. I'd like to note that I totally foresaw this sort of thing last August with my comment on the F This Movie! blog:

Since distribution is going all-digital anyway, will we soon see theaters showing PG-13 and R-rated versions of movies alongside each other?

Don't know about you all, but I'm ready to see an R-rated Bond flick in theaters. :-D

Simultaneous PG-13 and R actually isn't that far fetched, now that I think of it. It'd be kind of similar to the simultaneous release of 2D and 3D versions of movies.

dominiccobb said:
simultaneous pg-13 and r actually isn't that far fetched, now that i think of it. It'd be kind of similar to the simultaneous release of 2d and 3d versions of movies.
bbbbbrrrrraaaaahhhhmmmmmm!!!!!

:p

Saw the exended cut last night. Was a bit disappointed there wasn't much added meat. Outside of one musical number, it is just alternate lines, most of which were rightly dropped for the theatrical cut. There were some funny beats, and it was an interesting experience, but this in no way replaces the original release.

Looks like there's a total of 5 different cuts of this film.

[h=2]Version Overview and the Corresponding Releases[/h]
The detailed "background" information can be summarized and matched to the home movie theater releases as follows:

1. US Theatrical Version
With a length of 119 minutes, especially the dialogs have been altered in order to get the PG-13 rating.
Among others, this version is availabe on disc 1 of the US Blu-ray.

2. UK (& Australian) Theatrical Version
Also a length of 119 minutes but many scenes altered for the PG-13 rating are uncensored. Serval other detailed differences to the US Theatrical Version.
Among others, this version is availabe on disc 1 of the UK & Australian Blu-ray.

3. German (& Asian) Theatrical Version
With a length of only 113 minutes, this is the shortest of all Theatrical Versions. Whether particularly edited or based on the UK or US Theatrical Version is still unknown. Details will follow as soon as it has been released for home movie theaters.
Among others, available on the German & Japanese Blu-ray.

4. Super-Sized R-Rated Version
The movie had a second limited theatrical release in the US in which the PG-13 alterations for the US Theatrical Version have NOT been reversed (as the nake implies). Instead, it has a length of 143 minutes, entirely alternate takes have been used for almost any single scene.
Among others, available on disc 2 of the US, UK & Australian Blu-ray.

5. Unrated Version
With a length of 123 minutes, the Unrated Version is some kind of hybrid of the US and UK Theatrical Version. Similar to the UK Theatrical Version, the PG-13 alterations have been reversed, the additional alterations mentioned above are often equal the US Theatrical Version. Furthermore, there are a few extended scenes which are also the reason for the additional running time.
Available on disc 1 of the US Blu-ray - just like the US Theatrical Version.

As one might probably assume by the information about the different releases, the Unrated Version appears to be an exclusive extra to the US Theatrical Version while a further discs has been produced for the releases in the UK (and Australia) and Germany (and Japan) containing the version of the particular country. The British get to see the Super-Sized R-Rated Version as well, other non-English-speaking countries do not (possibly to save money for the audio tracks that would require a translation).

Since ANY version contains a bit exclusive footage and since an overlap is unavoidable, finding the right version to compare was quite difficult. At the end of the day, the version with the least number of scenes that needed to be mentioned twice is the one being used for the comparison. For the sake of comparison, the differences to the version not being used in the comparison will be mentioned as well.

Source

Back
Top Bottom