• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Ron Burgandy announces - Anchorman 2

I watched it again last night. It's great because:

a) Will Ferrell doesn't play Will Ferrell too much
b) Nearly every line is a masterpiece of quotable material
c) It features nearly the entire Frat Pack.

Anyone ever watch 'Wake Up Ron Burgundy'?? I have it, it's an entire film created out of dropped subplots and alternate takes!

EDIT : Read the above threads properly

its "restored" in wake up ron burgundy - the lost movie.

Anyone ever watch 'Wake Up Ron Burgundy'?? I have it, it's an entire film created out of dropped subplots and alternate takes!

yeah i've seen this i love the 'rip the lid off of it' sketch

[video=youtube_share;dOev064hy4A]

considering it's a collection of deleted scenes it's just as funny as any new comedy film

wake up had a rare dvd release as a bonus disc for the first run of anchormans dvd and was recently released more widely as a bonus disc in the [afaik] best buy exclusive anchorman "rich mahogany edition" both films are great but wake up does drag more and is the lesser version. I am glad that it got a proper [more easily attainable] release [on BD] as the dvd was relatively rare and costly due to its limited status. I hope that there is enough footage shot for the upcoming sequel for a 4th movie :)

my fav part from wake up. hysterical

So, does Wake Up have a blu ray release? On which edition of Anchorman? I had to [originally]import it from the States as it got no release in the UK.(standard DVD version)

EDIT: OK, I see it was on the blu-ray release, but I can't ascertain if it's on the UK release!

^I have the UK Blu release. ("Rich Mahogany Edition") It has two cuts of the film proper and "Wake Up" on it.

nOmArch said:
And in UA's Anchorman: Whammy cut which is fantastic.

Ah, go'bless ya. :)

I'm calling it now, he's gonna be the anchorman that made Ron Burgundy want to be an anchorman. Ron may take his job.

Man, Harrison Ford will take any job these days. The next thing you know, he'll be willing to play Han Solo again! :p

TomH1138 said:
The next thing you know, he'll be willing to play Han Solo again! :p

harrisonfordviral.jpg

We should somehow turn that picture into our actual emoticon for the "shocked" face. :-D

I was watching "Toy Story Of Terror" tonight on ABC and they had one of these on during one of the commercial breaks. Decided to check out the url they list on screen and it brings me to a YouTube page with several different ones. Don't know if anyone else has seen them yet but they're hilarious!

[video=youtube_share;bsYSTPGDotY]
[video=youtube_share;SC_Up3zrKjE]
[video=youtube_share;VxWAFOVrYKA]
[video=youtube_share;NA8FUQSvNO0]
[video=youtube_share;OE8CefgHyzY]
[video=youtube_share;pkC8iXR5SmU]http://youtu.be/pkC8iXR5SmU[/video]
[video=youtube_share;ZzfVT6j_1dY]http://youtu.be/ZzfVT6j_1dY[/video]
[video=youtube_share;-rZt__IfFSo]http://youtu.be/-rZt__IfFSo[/video]

That's weird. Even though YouTube says that these are available in 1080p KeepVid and jDownloader won't let me download them any higher than 720p. Anybody else having this same problem?

Frantic Canadian said:
That's weird. Even though YouTube says that these are available in 1080p KeepVid and jDownloader won't let me download them any higher than 720p. Anybody else having this same problem?

My youtube options plugin for chrome only states 720p as the highest resolution. KeepVid may be falsely reporting 1080p

Sorry to be a downer but 'Anchorman 2' is gonna be a surefire letdown. In the first one he had a geat character arc. Starts off as a womanising, sexist, ignorant buffoon (That we still love) and ends up in love with one woman who he respects and has learnt to be a better person (And we still love him).

The only way this works is if they throw all that character development into the bin and just remake the first movie = epic disapointment. I'm not saying it won't be funny, it will still have plenty of gags for sure.

ThrowgnCpr said:
My youtube options plugin for chrome only states 720p as the highest resolution. KeepVid may be falsely reporting 1080p

KeepVid is offering 720p as the highest resolution as well, but if you watch these videos on YouTube and check the resolution options you'll find that they go up to 1080p. I tried using SaveVid but they want me to install some plug-in before being able to give me the links, which I don't want to do, and YouDDL isn't giving me ANY download links.

Back
Top Bottom