• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Robots VS Kung Fu: The Matrix Grindhouse Edition: Analog Demaster Released!

Had a lot of fun plugging away at this today. Some highlights:

Added opening titles over Neo sleeping. New music, too.
Restructured and cropped the deal with Choi; it's now explicitly a drug deal. Created a vague threat by omitting the lines about Choi denying Neo's existence. It's now "If you get caught using that..." "I know."
Replaced club music with Jefferson Airplane. Follow the White Rabbit, get it?
Chopped up Trinity's conversation for a bit of silly sleaziness. "I thought you were a guy." "That was a long time ago." *stunned silence*
Neo gives his boss at Metacortex two weeks notice and praises himself via narration. It's more Office Space than grindhouse, but I think it fits.

Oh hey awesome, glad I helped you get back on this edit.

All it takes is a little push, I suppose. Thanks again. Again, if anybody would like to preview some footage, just shoot off a PM.

Oh! Is that allowed now? How much footage is considered "too much" to post like that? The first fifteen minutes are essentially done, pending alterations based on feedback.

Oh! Is that allowed now? How much footage is considered "too much" to post like that? The first fifteen minutes are essentially done, pending alterations based on feedback.

many people (including myself) have posted videos that are 15mins in length or more, rogue-thex recently posted a 40min dredd edit he's working on. until someone says your not allowed i say go for it

your video has been taken down :-( your best bet is to upload it onto vimeo and title your video as untitled

Odd - it's playing for me now. Are you based outside North America, by chance? Maybe its a regional thing.

blocked for me, too. . . and i'm in north america. once these things are globally blocked, the uploader can still view it, though nobody else can.

(guess that makes the takedown slightly less than global.)

That explains that. I'll give vimeo a try. Should that fail me, I'll stick to my old method.

well that was bizzare but rather entertaining :lol: obviously there is some sound issues to be resolved (adding sound effects etc...) but it's got my interested, keep us posted matrixgrindhouse

i would also suggest a different title to your edit

Thanks for the feedback. I'll be working in sound effects where they're absent - I figure that'll be among the last phases of the project. Syncing them all up can be a bit tedious for me. What other audio issues need addressing?

As for the title, I'm open to suggestions.

:lol: That's hilarious!

There's a few sync issues at the start with the dialog.

4:02, you could maybe use this spot of the computer screen for your custom fanedit title whenever you figure out what it will be.
12:05, maybe add some shots of the pages the agent is looking at, you could photoshop some custom ones with more weird shit and insert them into the scene for more laughs.
12:34, maybe a slow whoosh sound with a creepy/cheesy bit of music for when the agent takes off his glasses.
14:29, maybe add a different phone sound.

Thanks, glad you got a laugh out of it. I don't think I have the technical aptitude to make the kind of alterations you're talking about regarding the dossier, though I might find a way to make it work. I certainly have ideas. *Image of dead woman* "Your landlady..." *Image of disposed murder weapon* "... her garbage." "And... your computer." *Other Agent glares*.

The glasses bit is a great idea. Have an idea for taking it a step further, as well. For the phone, what are you thinking? More old fashioned? More sci-fi?

Considering trimming some of the opening chase sequence. Does anyone like Trinity's Bionic Woman kick or the failed composite flying shot?

I'd like to thank you all again. Your feedback and support means a lot to me. I've already made a lot of improvements based on your suggestions.

The obnoxious VHS style noise visible in some preview files (not the Vimeo version) is no longer included. Now it's just film grain and so forth.

Removed green tint from opening logos. I already retinted most of the scenes in the film itself, so it's more consistent (and legible) this way.

All cast now have altered names (either real aliases they've used or some element of their real names) in the opening credits. The text of the end credits will be unaltered from the original version, however.

Audio sync has been corrected.

All jump-cut style edits are now accompanied by a few frames with increased scratches, audible hiss, and distorted audio to give the impression that there's damage to the print.

The editing of the Choi deal and Smith interrogation have been improved so they're less choppy.

Color corrected the behind-the-scenes clips from the interrogation to be more consistent with the rest of the scene.

I've still got a lot of work to do before I consider that section "done" (or, rather, ready for further review). In the meantime, here's a rough cut the next chunk of my edit:

Back
Top Bottom