• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Riddick III

I finally saw this last night. I enjoyed it but it didn't really do anything to expand the character or universe. It was very pitch blacky w a hint of chronicles but it did seem to be a side story w an oddball scene in the beginning that shrugs off the events of the last film.

More of riddick is good but the film really didn't add anything to the series we haven't already seen.

Its fun though and despite a few minor quibbles I had personally I thought it was a decent effort and gets more right than wrong. Even if they played it safe by following PB.

7/10 for me.
8/10 for PB lovers.

Oh, [MENTION=6547]elbarto1[/MENTION] isn't dead. Reave lied to me.

359582.jpg

An ok movie but nothing really happens character- or storywise
Best rent the blu ray and watch all the parts with the dog. after that it goes into boring territory real fast

Oh I'm dead. I've just got my internet privileges back in hell.

elbarto1 said:
Oh I'm dead. I've just got my internet privileges back in hell.

well, at least I have that to look forward to.

Still two weeks until this hits theaters over here! I hate delayed releases :/

Did this not do well in theaters? I can't find it playing anywhere!

Its a Riddick movie, of course it didn't do well. Vin is only allowed to keep doing these because Fast and Furious is a beast now.

Hymie said:
Its a Riddick movie, of course it didn't do well. Vin is only allowed to keep doing these because Fast and Furious is a beast now.

It actually did pretty OK considering its a C-tier sci-fi sequel that most people dont really care about.
Vin also owns the rights to the character and funded the film himself and will likely keep making them if we keep watching.

I just hope he takes it somewhere new before it completely dries up. Love me some Riddick.

You guys are lucky, I haven't gotten to see this one yet...

Anyways, what does C-tier mean?

First I wanted to go see it but the trailer left me cold. I felt it reduced the universe to a fugitive chase on a planet once again.
I'll watch it one day at home though. But I can wait.

Personally, I enjoyed Riddick II Chronicles, and was hoping they might run with that world.
Realize it did squat for business which meant Riddick never ruled an uneasy throne,
much like Schwarzenegger's Conan never filmed any "king" episodes.

I just watched it - finally, talk about delayed releases in some countries!

Happy to report that I really enjoyed it, Im very glad its not the Pitch Black redux I feared it would be even if it does feature a number of scenes in a similar vein. A worthy addition to the saga, which in my opinion is one of the most sadly overlooked gems of contemporary sci fi.

Without spoling things too much I'll say that castaway Riddick is a total bad@$$, and his way of hitching a ride out of a desolate planet is just like him.

I only wish there had been more about the Necromongers :/

Recommended, its easily one of the best movies of the year for me. I REALLY hope there will be a part 4 and beyond but wont hold my breath.

I liked it a lot a too, it's not feel good movie haha, but still good. I'm from the ilk that likes Chronicles the best, but they all have some good quality's I think, in this one I may like the visuals the most.

Not a fan of these films either way, but as long as F&F keeps being huge, Universal will humor Vin with more of these.

elbarto1 said:
LOL, Vin reports that Riddick DVD/Blu sales have stirred interest in Riddick 4 for Universal.
Video seems like he just got high and made an announcement in the middle of him listening to crappy music. FF to 3:10 for the "meat" of the video.
Good news though, hopefully it wont take 8 years this time.
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/01/28/vin-diesel-says-universal-wants-riddick-4

Wow, I wasn't aware how financially invested Vin was in this movie. Sounds like it never would have happened without him.

I just watched the theatrical cut of this. It's not very good and really I can't recommend it. It feels like the first few minutes of Chronicles where it's just Riddick on the ice planet by himself stretched out for about 30 minutes. After that the incompetent bounty hunter part from Chronicles stretched out for another 45 minutes. Then it's just the light tube chase from Pitch Black. It's basically a poorly done amalgamation of the two previous movies. That being said, I do like the character and I hope they make another movie, only this time make it good. Escape from Butcher Bay the movie please.

Back
Top Bottom