• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Riddick III

R rating definitely key. I didn't much like the Necromonger stuff. I really hope that isn't a huge focus in this movie.

September the 6th release! The date nears... all hail King Riddick

riddickthrone-sm.jpg

awesome. 3 days after my birthday! should be a decent post-me-day experience!

Found another pic, don't think it's been posted in this thread yet:
Riddick-fight.jpg

Rogue-theX said:
Found another pic, don't think it's been posted in this thread yet:

Broken arm coming right up! Nice find Rogue :)

[video=youtube_share;y4CY5HrD71g]

It just looks like Pitch Black rehashed. :-(

geminigod said:

Yeah, I think many of the fans will say it's a good thing.
But to be honest I really prefer the over-the-topness and fun of the sequel.
The end of the second movie and the "King Conan" style of the first poster gave me hope that the third act could continue to be bold and not be afraid of looking "silly/fun" but it seems the movie is more "back to the (serious) roots".

geminigod said:

I think that may be a trick of the trailer. Maybe.

Rogue-theX said:
I think that may be a trick of the trailer. Maybe.

That trailer is awfully long, to me anyway. I could not watch it till the end as I felt like watching the movie in fast forward.

TMBTM said:
Yeah, I think many of the fans will say it's a good thing.
But to be honest I really prefer the over-the-topness and fun of the sequel.
The end of the second movie and the "King Conan" style of the first poster gave me hope that the third act could continue to be bold and not be afraid of looking "silly/fun" but it seems the movie is more "back to the (serious) roots".

I am glad to see the show go back to it's root's of pitch black. But how the hell do you justify the KING being nothing but a hunted criminal again? Looks like it will be fun but I don't see how this movie will tie into part 2. Notice it's no longer Chronicles of Ridick. I wonder if it is a direct sequel to Pitch black ignoring what was done during chronicles

geminigod said:
Yeah that was my impression too. I do hope there are some twists to make this movie stand on its own.

only part of the trailer that psyched me up was seeing that necromonger.
otherwise yeah, looks like a pitch black reboot.

just come back after seeing riddick and wanted to post a quick mini review. i'm not a huge fan of the franchise i've only seen the films, i enjoyed the first film for what it was, the second i've only seen a couple of times not as good as the first but credit to the people involved for expanding the universe instead of just recycling the first film. now looking back at the comments on the thread i'm glad to say this isn't a rehash of pitch black but it's definitely has more of pitch black vibe in overall tone. though this may sound like i'm contradicting myself i break down how the film plays out, spoiler added to those who don't want to know

the first part of the film were just with riddick only on a planet, there is a flashback scene that connects the film to the second one but apart from that not much dialogue as were just with riddick and his pet alien dog (really not as bad as it sounds)

the second part of the film focuses on the bounty hunters, riddick takes a back seat as we get to know each character. the film takes on a more predator vibe

the third act of the film is more in line with pitch black but i found this not to be a problem

overall i'd say this is the best in the franchise so far, though the story maybe a familiar one the way it's told is very refreshing. hopefully the r rating won't effect it's box office as i'd love to see another riddick film

8/10

Back
Top Bottom