• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Remixed by Jorge invades AniBOOM!

Remixed by Jorge

Faneditor
Cover Artist
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I had been admiring and dealing with Motion Comics since THE DARK KNIGHT and then WATCHMEN.
Somehow while doing research on MOTION COMICS I ended up at a place called AniBOOM.
AniBOOM is a animation website offering a collection of short animations. Registered users can submit animated movies, which are then categorized according to type. AniBOOM appeals primarily to professional or semi-professional animators, and offers syndication and/or production deals, either on TV or the web, for popular submissions.
And while there I saw this billboard.

aniboommarvel.jpg

[youtube:3ap1sbxy]

And even thou I had never animated a thing EVER... I decided to jump in and compete.

THE PROCESS
The project is a faneditor's dream. MARVEL supplied the artwork, the soundtracks and the voice over tracks as well.
But aside from that they wisely left it wide open for the artist to do as they please.
Here is the comic. MARVEL gave us the graphics and the artwork in separate files but I put it together so that it reads like a comic.

Now here is were my experience as a faneditor kicked in.
First i noticed there's a lot of text/voice over. I thought the short film itself should be a fight scene.
Everything else that didn't work or slowed down the movie should go (sounds familiar?).
Then I wanted to give it a style.
Forget the fact that it's a motion comic. if it was a film what should it be like or who would direct it?
Well the most inspiring fight scenes of late have been in the BOURNE films. So that's the style I chose.
I would direct this short film as if Paul Greengrass had directed it.

Once I had that I started thinking what the shots should be and went from there.
To prepare the shots I use Photoshop to separate the artwork into layers and to fill in the layers.
Then I bring it into AFTER EFFECTS were the animation begins.
I didn't know AE before the project started but thanks to the web and the amazing amount of
video tutorials available i know it a lot better now.

It took a month to put together.
I worked day and night over the last 2 weekends and this last week seemed like it was all i was doing.
The deadline is October 5 for the first 7 pages. I decided I wanted to do it all. Which i did.

So finally, like a fanedit, it is done and out into the world. My first Motion Comic.
Do I expect to win? hardly but a job doing motion comics for MARVEL does sound very appetizing.
So without any further to-do, Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls I give you...

REMIXED LITTLE MAN

that sounds really neat, good luck with the contest!

nice work Jorge, that seems like a really great opportunity for you even if you dont win.
I like the edit but was wondering - did you have all the dialog or did you recreate it?
either way - nice job. ;)

elbarto1 said:
did you have all the dialog or did you recreate it?;)
Marvel supplied the entire dialogue. but they give you all the written text.
The INNER dialogue and the OUTER dialogue. My decision was to only use the outer dialogue and forget the rest.
I doubt I'd win but the road there was a lot of fun.

oh definitely, and it gets your name on some serious radar.
best of luck.

Very very impressive! This looks like an ambitious project and one worthy of your talents, Jorge.

Best of luck! Be sure to keep us updated on your progress. :smile:

hahaha. And the funny thing is that now I have to visit the AniBoom forum and you know what? its not unlike OUR forum.
I'm there thinking "that moffo is just like elbarto" and "this dude is just like TV's Frink" and "Another crazy like Mollo". :p
I'm new there so I'm keeping my head down. But there's is one opinionated sunvabitch that's just like... me! :eek:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So an update: Deadline for entries was last night at midnight. Last I checked there were 168 entries.
Judges will pick 5 to go on to the NEXT stage on Oct 19.
I'd like to think i'm representing the fanedit community.
If you want to vote for me visit http://www.aniboom.com/competitions/Mar ... ittle-Man/
and give it 5 stars.
wish me luck. :oops:

killbillme said:
hahaha. And the funny thing is that now I have to visit the AniBoom forum and you know what? its not unlike OUR forum.
I'm there thinking "that moffo is just like elbarto" and "this dude is just like TV's Frink" and "Another crazy like Mollo". :p
I'm new there so I'm keeping my head down. But there's is one opinionated sunvabitch that's just like... me! :eek:

So an update: Deadline for entries was last night at midnight. Last I checked there were 168 entries.
Judges will pick 5 to go on to the NEXT stage on Oct 19.
I'd like to think i'm representing the fanedit community.
If you want to vote for me visit http://www.aniboom.com/competitions/Mar ... ittle-Man/
and give it 5 stars.
wish me luck. :oops:

I voted for you but if JUDGES pick, do our votes even matter? unless the judges just select based on hype/user votes.
regardless, way to represent.

elbarto1 said:
I voted for you but if JUDGES pick, do our votes even matter? unless the judges just select based on hype/user votes. regardless, way to represent.
there's is a WILDCARD pick, selected by the forum. so the votes matter. :smile:

killbillme said:
Wow, sounds a little like the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of classic Trek. Does the TV's Frink dude have a goatee?

TV's Frink said:
killbillme said:
Wow, sounds a little like the "Mirror, Mirror" episode of classic Trek. Does the TV's Frink dude have a goatee?
yes and darker, heavy eyebrows. don't trust him.

But there's is one opinionated sunvabitch that's just like... me!

well, he can´t be that irritating, can he?

I voted for you, dude.

although if i might add, i never was a marvel man. it was always dc for me...

Heinrich said:
I voted for you, dude. although if i might add, i never was a marvel man. it was always dc for me...
me too. lol! thanks dude. :grin:

how the hell do you vote? ive joined and posted a comment but cant find the elusive vote-thingy.

nOmArch said:
how the hell do you vote? ive joined and posted a comment but cant find the elusive vote-thingy.
WOW! My rating jumped from close to 30th to 17th since you guys started voting! YAYYYYY.
And if i win I will start talks with MARVEL to try to do a similar contest with Fanedit.org.
Imagine getting your grubby hands on THOR or CAPTAIN AMERICA raw footage!
Or if that's too big a leap how about fanediting their next MOTION COMIC or ANIMATED series? or promo material? :eek:

Ok, much like how we rate our own fanedits there's a star icon, just press the fifth star and presto chango, you've voted.
rate.jpg

You guys rock as a community. very supportive. (I'm looking at you nOmArch)
Thank you, thank you, thank you. :)

ok cool thats ok then ive already clicked the 5 star thingy.

no probs credit where credit is due 8)

5 stars it is!

go for it and mobilize the power of fanedit community :D

Thanks man! You too can vote until Oct 18.
UPDATE: The final total is in.
- Number of entries for this competition: 180.
- My current position: 15!
- The feeling I get when forum members vote for me: Priceless.

Back
Top Bottom