• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Quick and Easy LFE (5.1 Bass) Track in Premiere Pro

KmartKid

Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
I have just finished my second fan edit and like the first one, it was a heavy re-edit with full score replacement. Therefore the original LFE (Low Frequency Effect) track was unusable. I don't think that most fan edits are going to need this unless a large number of new sounds are added or subtracted. Luckily though if you do, it's easy. If you are not editing in 5.1 then this is unnecessary. Apologies if this info has been posted elsewhere before.

STEP 1
Make a sequence selection for your entire 5.1 timeline. Turn off the original LFE layer if you haven't already. Mute any other layers that will not be in the final mix.

STEP 2
Export an audio file, either 320 kbps MP3 or an uncompressed WAV file.

STEP 3
Create a new 5.1 audio track. Import the new file. Right-click on it and select Modify - Audio Channels. Check the LFE box. Then drag it in making sure it lines up with the rest of the timeline.

modify-audio-channels.jpg

STEP 4
Apply the Lowpass Filter to the file. It is located under Audio Effects.

lowpass2.jpg

lowpass.jpg

I have found that a setting of 50-100 works best but it will depend on your levels. Do not check bypass unless you don't want the LFE to take effect.

If you do not have a subwoofer attached to your editing system (recommended) then use the level meter to see if your LFE track is similar to that of the original film. This will take some trial and error. Export short clips to test on a 5.1 sound system. It is up to personal taste how much BOOM you want your cut to have.

Last edited:
When I was doing stereo to surround conversation for a project, the cutoff I landed on was 40Hz. Not saying it's better or worse than the 50-100 range, it was something I read somewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom