• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Prometheus - Special Edition - an Agent 9 Fanedit

Agent9 said:
LOL np.... really 1st 3D FE..? Well there seems to be some bugs with it anyways, may have been how it was rendered, I'm going to figure them out and see how to fix it.. I'm still trying to prefect that, its a 1st for me as well..

ya every shot I used from Deleted Scene's was color corrected to match film footage & audio, and all FX shots used where completed.

-A9

very cool. Hopefully there is somebody out there with the tech to enjoy the 3D. Sadly your audience for that may be very small. You still deserve props though for pushing the tech envelope.

geminigod said:
Sadly I have no way to watch it

maybe put it on a USB drive, take it with you to best buy, ask to test out their 3D set ups in the expensive-ass audio room, don the gogs, and a staff member or two might even join you to check it out and also, you know, to be there for the customer. :)

geminigod said:
very cool. Hopefully there is somebody out there with the tech to enjoy the 3D. Sadly your audience for that may be very small. You still deserve props though for pushing the tech envelope.

I don't mind really if the audience is small I kinda figure it would be, but I also wanted to try it for myself and I was just hoping that anyone that could watch it, would at least enjoy a FE in 3D, being the 3D in Prometheus was very well done, I was at least hoping to be able to present them with the option.

But it appears to have some bugs, so like I said, I'll be looking into it.

-A9

It's very appreciated that you did make a 3D edit and that you aren't settling for anything less than perfect.

The 3D actually is very good, but there is some forward dimension lost. Anyone who downloads this won't be disappointed, unless you have seen the 3D version and care about such things.

This is a great edit. I'll be curious to see what Agent9 discovers about the 3D nature of the render. I'm sure we will all benefit from him taking these less trodden steps for us.

As someone that considered attempting a fanedit of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, I'm curious about the process you used to go about doing this? I had somewhat of an idea of how it might be done, but since I never pursued doing that edit I didn't look into it any further.

Wow! I watched the trailer you've made and was blown away! Love what you've done in terms of completing special effects and color correction, etc. I wouldn't even know where to start with all of that (my version is basically just new sound effects, compared to what you've done). Looks very professional!

I can't wait to check this out! : )

Edit: Gave it a spin. : )

Good: Loved the color correction, especially with the deleted scenes. Helped them blend in very well. All in all, you made the movie look even prettier (especially Janek's Christmas tree). Also, enjoyed your cross-cutting before Fifield's attack on the ship, with Janek and Vickers' scene interwoven with that of David's and Shaw's. And the editing of the Juggernaut crashing. You somehow made it seem like there was no time to run at all, with the ship bearing down on them very quickly. Well done.

Bad: I liked the TED talk in general, but it doesn't really add to the movie or fit in. Not a big fan of your opening credits. Over too quick and a bit flat after Weyland's fiery speech. Your music choices felt rather sudden and short-lived (i.e., the musical fanfare followed by "David, tell me you can read that.") and incongruous. Also, certain sound effects felt out of place, and/or tacked on (Fifield's new "Alien" noise when wounded, for example).

Overall: I liked it, from a technical standpoint (I still don't know how you made those wires disappear) and all the deleted scenes blended right in. From an editing standpoint, however, the movie didn't really feel that much different than the theatrical cut, except the opening was changed and some scenes were/included or removed. The trailer wowed the shit out of me and I guess it was so good that it left me expecting more. Figuratively speaking, when I opened the box, with its sexy new cover, the same old cereal came out, with one or two new marshmallows, and I felt slightly disappointed. Kind of like with the theatrical version. Still, I think you did an awesome job on the color correction, deleted scenes, and special effects! Quite the feat!

Can't wait to see this, it looks amazing! I really like the idea of re-soundscaping not to mention the incredible feat of completing unfinished sfx!!! Just one thing though, is the BD in 3d only? I'd prefer the higher quality and file size but don't have 3D capability...:-(

el_silloneb said:
Can't wait to see this, it looks amazing! I really like the idea of re-soundscaping not to mention the incredible feat of completing unfinished sfx!!! Just one thing though, is the BD in 3d only? I'd prefer the higher quality and file size but don't have 3D capability...:-(

No, there is a 2D blu-ray as well.... A9 only did a 3D BR for anyone interested in a different version. But like he said, he's getting some feedback on it that it sometimes looks off, so he's fixing it...
But ya, there is a 2D BR.

i'd say agent 9 version is a lot better, it has a more professional feel to it in that this could easily have been the version we could've seen at the cinema.

while i liked giftbearer the bizarre section when it flashbacks to the dig/engineer scenes, the double opening and the use of unfinished effects made the edit feel more like a work-print version. but as with blade runner it's good to have different versions of the same film.

Is the BD version in stereo as a reviewer stated ? :shock:

As I'm nearly done DLing it now PLEASE let it be in DTS format!

Ok so its not a 5.1 audio format, but I'd take video over audio any day plus the 2.0 PCM kinda gives it a reto movie vibe like the original films ;-)

Too late to start watching now but can't wait to check it out in the morning.

Thanks Agent9 for your efforts.

I watched it over the weekend, I need to do a proper review but I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not entirely sure if I prefer this or the original but it's a great fanedit.

One thing that confused me was the audio. Mediainfo reported 2.0, but when I played it through my media sever, my receiver decoded it as 5.1. The rear speakers were active, but not nearly as active as I expected. I guess I need to dig out my retail BD to compare.

Right just got round to watching. As it as its been awhile since I saw the original version it was like watching it anew plus I watched it with people that had not even seem the original so was very interested to hear how they interpreted the story.

Quick Answer: Epic version in every way from the original, a must fanedit vote !

Review:
Everything you'd hope it would be, professionally created with main issues from original subtly removed and deleted scenes recut and edited in where they should be to drive the story. It speaks for itself as when the scene where they are running back to the ship without fifield and milburn came about my girlfreind mention what about the other two guys left behind.
That emotional attachment wouldnt of been there if they were originaly "lost".

The only very small issues for me when the deleted alien worm scene was cut to slightly fast and the final engineer meeting scenes colour seemed to be darker and not in line with the main movies visual presentation, both are small imperfections to an otherwise epic edit.

It would of helped to be in any format of 5.1 audio instead of 2.0 PCM but that said this is by far the cannon in my eyes ;-)

Well Done Agent9

Ok, so there has been a lot of talk about this not being in 5.1, so I kinda wanted to touch on that topic for a second.

The reason for it not being in 5.1, was because of the deleted scenes, which are all in 2.0 audio.
What is required to do the 5.1 mix for those scenes is definitely a lot of sound design if you don't already realize this, and if I didn't do a full 5.1 mix then I didn't want it to drop from 5.1 to 2.0 during viewing, so I chose to go with a 2.0 audio track.
Now, after seeing the reviews and getting back better reviews than I thought I would on this movie (being that the original isn't very well liked) I have decided to go back to the edit, fix a few things I'm not completely happy with picture quality wise, and I'm going to rip all the audio out, and do a full 5.1 Dolby track.
It will take several weeks, maybe a month or so, since I'm going to re-create the entire 5.1 track for every deleted scene I added......Background sounds, music, sound effects, dialog, ambiance & bass. I may have to Foley some of my own sounds as well. Some of you may say, you can convert the 2.0 to 5.1, but I don't want to do that.. I want the sound to be as superior as the picture, I want you to have the full experience as if it was the official Blu-Ray from the studio.

Some will be happy to know I think I have also figured out the 3D problem, and I will be adjusting and fixing that as well, but I will not be releasing a new version of the 3D until the 5.1 track is done.
For fun I may also release a Anaglyph Version for those who don't own 3D TV's and would like to watch it in 3D. :)

Until then... Thx for all the reviews & the support, it's much appreciated.

-Agent 9

Back
Top Bottom