• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Prometheus - Alien Prequel [2012] (SPOILERS!)

friendly compare/contrast

Body of Lies (2008) decent enough but forgettable political thriller.
American Gangster (2007) bit long-winded, might benefit from a FE, but pretty solid. - agree, been trying to figure out how to fanedit it though
A Good Year (2006) didnt see it
Kingdom of Heaven (2005) ?theatrical - crap. extended - really good but really long.
Matchstick Men (2003) loved this one
Black Hawk Down (2001) great. yup.
Hannibal (2001) hated it on first viewing, has grown on me alot. very good sequel.
Gladiator (2000) ?Great. yup - but never feel the need to watch it. have had the EE on my shelf for a few years and still havent seen it.
G.I. Jane (1997) good but rental at best. viggo mortensen is ruthless in it.
White Squall (1996) Really loved this. me too.
1492: Conquest of Paradise (1992) never saw it
Thelma & Louise (1991)? never saw it.
Black Rain (1989/I) think I saw it but dont remember it
Someone to Watch Over Me (1987) didn't see.
Legend (1985) hated this one.
?Blade Runner (1982) Freaking Phenomenal, Legendary and Ahead of its time. yup

Matchstick Men also gets a vote from me, i really enjoyed it.

elbarto1 said:
Regarding Weaver's participation, Scott said: "It will be before she was born! [But] the main character will be a woman."
Of course, it will be the original Ripley, since the one in the first Alien movie was actually a clone :eek:

Changing the shape of the Aliens could make sens. Because all we have seen are Aliens bursting out of Humans (and dogs in Alien 3, of maybe from a cow in the alternate version of Alien 3!).
But what would be the shape of an Alien bursting out the chest of a Space Jokey? Could be totaly different... and bigger!

perhaps the jockeys engineered them from a different species.....?
I like the new approach but hope the classic alien makes an appearance.

TMBTM said:
Changing the shape of the Aliens could make sens. Because all we have seen are Aliens bursting out of Humans (and dogs in Alien 3, of maybe from a cow in the alternate version of Alien 3!).
But what would be the shape of an Alien bursting out the chest of a Space Jokey? Could be totaly different... and bigger!

Perhaps I misread him, but I read it as it also include the seed pods and the face-huggers as well. I'm ok with a different alien shape if they aren't gestating in humans, but the seed pods and face-huggers should stay cannon (IMO)

L8wrtr said:
TMBTM said:

Perhaps I misread him, but I read it as it also include the seed pods and the face-huggers as well. I'm ok with a different alien shape if they aren't gestating in humans, but the seed pods and face-huggers should stay cannon (IMO)

He said: "that the alien will have to be updated. "I have to design — or redesign — earlier versions of what these elements are that led to the thing that catapults out of the egg, the face-hugger. I don't want to repeat it. The alien in a sense, as a shape, is worn out."

The elements that led to the face-hugger... sounds like the Alien queen to me. Anyway, it's a bit mysterious indeed, like he doesn't want to tell too much. And I think it's for the best.
From his sentence I think we can assume the face-hugger will stay like in the movies we know (?)

I'm still hoping we will ever see the Super Facehugger (aka Queen Facehugger) in action. I loved the creepy design from Alien3, too bad they cut it out completely.

Alien prequels not exactely a prequel, nor an Alien movie anymore???
new title would be: PROMETHEUS.

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/48084

extract:
According to Ridley himself: “While ALIEN was indeed the jumping off point for this project, out of the creative process evolved a new, grand mythology and universe in which this original story takes place. The keen fan will recognize strands of ALIEN’s DNA, so to speak, but the ideas tackled in this film are unique, large and provocative. I couldn't be more pleased to have found the singular tale I'd been searching for, and finally return to this genre that's so close to my heart.”

Interesting...

Thanks for sharing TMBTM!

wow, thanks TMBTM. Can't wait to hear some more news on this. exciting.

Much better than stomping on the beautiful mystery of the Space Jockey...

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but apparently the title is Prometheus.

I'm so happy about this. Screw Hollywood prequelitis and the horse it rode in on. Also, Damon Lindelof is writing the script from Ridley's idea, which I think will be good.

elbarto1 said:
friendly compare/contrast

American Gangster (2007) bit long-winded, might benefit from a FE, but pretty solid. - agree, been trying to figure out how to fanedit it though

I always wanted to edit this movie but I don't think I'm quite there yet, skill-wise. My idea for this is to split it into two movies. Have one movie be all about the Denzel character and the other movie be all about the Russell Crow character. Obviously you can't completely remove either character from the other's story but you can certainly minimize them to the point where they're more of a supporting character.

im interested to see what comes from Promethus (the Alien prequel). we got Ridley Scott back which is good.

according to recent interviews it will be closer to a prequel than we assumed so I think the "it's original" was just a stick to fight off the fanboys (me) complaining

Even still, I think with everything being such a mystery, a prequel to Alien has a tremendous amount of freedom, unlike something like Star Wars where you have to line up a shitload of ambiguous references to a specific period of history. An Alien Prequel could be decades before Alien, or centuries. It could revolve around the Space Jockey, or having nothing to do with it. So I guess all I'm saying is that it's not an automatic FAIL ;) I'll give him some leeway until proven wrong. Hell, it can't be worse than the AvP crap they keep shoving out there.

And... first picture:
1stPrometheus.jpg

Back
Top Bottom