• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Premiere Pro CS6 - Best Export Settings?

Reaction score
Trophy Points
I’m using an older version of Adobe Premiere Pro. CS6 for Mac. Anyone have any recommendations for best quality export settings? Looking for about a two hour movie to be exported to various sizes - 2gb, 8gb, and 20gb. Any guidance is appreciated.

I second this question. I exported in prores and the file was like 160gb

Depends on whether you care about file size or not. Adobe tends to export files that are about twice as large as the optimized size would be for the same video quality, in my experience. If you don't care then just use the Match Source - High Quality type options, and adjust the audio from Stereo to 5.1 if your source is 5.1 (since Match Source always stays Stereo for some reason regardless of source type)

If you do care about file size, then you probably want to pick one of the lossless or mostly lossless codecs, which will give you a huge file - something like 100-150gb for a normal length movie - and then you take this file and re-encode it using ffmpeg into an mp4 that matches your desired file size/quality. You'll need to play around with the ffmpeg commands a little bit to test your content and find the optimal quality setting; If you go this route I'd recommend saving out a 10 minute chunk of your movie and then testing different quality settings on it to see what works best for you.

This second option will take 2-3x longer than a simple Match Source output, but if you can spare the time it'll give you a better product.

Back
Top Bottom