• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Plan 2001 From Outer Space

I just watched the first half hour-40 mins of this cut. Now let me say straight off that I agree the movie is way too long and the idea that those overlong breathing scenes are "art that I just don't get" is hogwash. I saw a theatrical screening of 2001 a few years ago and what struck me is the film DOES have a good story, it just gets bogged down in moments of "wonder" or "atmosphere" that I think simply don't work.

I walked out of the screening thinking that I'd like to do an edit of 2001 that cuts out the exteneded FX scenes and just focuses on charater and story. So when I saw your edit online was only 90 mins, I had great hopes for it!

Unfortunately, this is not the edit i'm looking for.

Sorry dude, but it really sucks. You went way too far. The addition of pop music is something you probably thought was funny or ironic, but it's just pointless and even MORE distracting.

Anyway, I just couldn't get past any more of it. You should just advertise it as a comedy and not a serious attempt to cut the movie down to a good story, because that does NOT come across as the goal.

At least there is still a need for my version :)

Mojo_LA said:
You should just advertise it as a comedy and not a serious attempt to cut the movie down to a good story, because that does NOT come across as the goal.

I doubt someone calling their edit Plan 2001 from Outer Space was trying to pass it as serious stuff.

Mojo_LA said:
Sorry dude, but it really sucks.

You are of course entitled to your opinion, but you might want to read The Rules.

Specifically:

2. We do not tolerate bad behavior at all. Good behavior is of the essence for our community. If you have something bad to say or need to complain or feel you were treated badly, try and put your thoughts into constructive and positive words. It works. You will see that people will not start arguments with you so easily and that the overall mood in the community is for the better.

If you fail to follow this rule you may receive a warning, your posts might get deleted and in worse and repeating cases you may even get banned. Think first, then write. Use the preview function before you submit a post and re-read again, what you wrote.

There is no room for hatred or bigotry on fanedit.org. Do not make posts which are offensive or derogatory to any ethnic or other group. This is the surest way to get yourself on the fast-track to getting banned. Check your hate at the door.

The internet is full of argumentative people and back and forth rants. We don’t want this site to be another one of those places.

Mind your language and try to not insult users.

Yeah. Saying something like "the extremely comical tone of the piece wasn't exactly what I was hoping for" is a more constructive type of way to put that thought.

Mojo_LA is a pretty obvious troll and always has been. Just ignore him.

Adabisi said:
Mojo_LA is a pretty obvious troll and always has been. Just ignore him.

Settle down please.

Back
Top Bottom