• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Passengers: Aurora (A Rearrangement)

macmilln said:
would you consider this a FanFix or a FanMix? I'm leaning more towards FanFix but I'm not positive.

It could go in either category, so let's go with the one you think fits best.

@"SonofSinbad" and @"HALS", any chance you guys would like to be the first to leave reviews for the edit on the IFDB?

Just submitted this to info. Don't know when it'll be updated, but whenever it is, this'll be on there.

Just noticed a huge error present in the "updated" version (the one I've sent to a bunch of people, with the fix that @"TM2YC" pointed out). Screen literally goes black at a spot I've edited in "the reveal" portion. Fortunately, the "original" I sent @"TM2YC" is still in my MEGA Rubbish Bin and [I believe] has the "proper" version.

Will export soon, and upload will probably be complete sometime tonight.

Edit is now fully fixed. I've gone over the footage again and am confident that I won't need to go back to it again.

Sorry to those I've inconvenienced, I will be uploading as soon as I can - PM me for a link.

Got home a few hours ago and started uploading, the upload is now complete! I've submitted the updated file to info, as well.

Again, PM me for a link.

Is this the first ever fanedit done in 4k? Impressive. Did it require top tier hardware?

cafevincent said:
Is this the first ever fanedit done in 4k? Impressive. Did it require top tier hardware?

Just to clarify: yes, the edit was done in 4K, I don’t know if I’m the first to do it or not. However, it was exported in 1080p because I had to do some cropping and it would’ve been noticeable had I not downscaled everything.

As for hardware, I have a pretty decent setup but nothing extraordinary: a Razer Blade 14” 2017 with [I believe] a 1060 6GB, i7, and 16GB RAM. I certainly had to wait for it to catch up a bit and use the “Render In to Out” feature quite a bit.

Wait, you downscaled the whole movie because you wanted to remove the location info from the establishing shots? I would have voted to keep them to keep it 4k no matter what. Congrats on the first 4k fanedit in the known universe, I would have loved to see it.

Either way the video quality here is exemplary with that healthy bitrate and modern codec. For some reason HEVC is hardly ever used here, possibly due to lack of support in most editing software. Did your editor have support for HEVC? I would love to find one.

cafevincent said:
Wait, you downscaled the whole movie because you wanted to remove the location info from the establishing shots? I would have voted to keep them to keep it 4k no matter what. Congrats on the first 4k fanedit in the known universe, I would have loved to see it.

Not just location info. Had to crop out some objects/people from some scenes.

But, I’d rather have a consistent quality, that is still great in my opinion, than have a “better” quality that lots wouldn’t even be able to get the “benefits” of, that gets interrupted every so often with lesser quality footage.

Interesting :) . I didn't notice any cropping, so outputting in 1080p clearly did the trick to hide those shots. I've released edits in 720p, from a 1080p source before myself, for similar reasons.

info was updated yesterday, so this edit is now on there!

This will still be one of my all time favourite fanedits, @"macmilln" really did improve this film greatly.

Just finished a viewing of this edit. Solid cut, 8/10 highly recommend. There were a few issues, mostly with pacing, however, since the movie wasn't shot with the focus on the Aurora in mind I guess it couldn't of been helped. Overall a great experience and I definitely encourage other to give it a watch. Keep up the great work @macmilln!

I re-forgot about this edit... I'm gonna try re-cutting it using the 4K; my old hardware couldn't handle it, and I need a cutlist for the academy anyways. Hoping to get a good chunk of it done this long weekend (Canadian Thanksgiving)

I'll update with my progress.

I have wondered since watching Passengers Rearranged back in 2019 if someone would do a fan edit! Really happy to come across your edit!

Trades and Requests Guidelines Violation
Hi, I know its an old thread but does anyone know where I can download this fan edit? Would really love to watch it.

Trades and Requests Guidelines Violation
Hi, I know its an old thread but does anyone know where I can download this fan edit? Would really love to watch it.
same i tried messaging weeks ago but still no response.

@Peanuts & @ullakkos please see this post.

Back
Top Bottom