• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PARADISE - a Prometheus + Alien: Covenant edit

I just recently watched your Paradise edit and I love it.

At first I was questioning some of the deleted scenes, thinking they were important to the story, but after watching it a second and third time I realized they are not.

The one I think could be relevant, depending on what furtue Alien movies/tv series show, would be the birth of the alien from the engineer. But other than that, I think your edit includes all the relevant details.

I thought the pacing was perfect, espcially in the high intensity scenes that switched back and forth in time. I liked the fact that some of the more detailed encounters with the various creatures (from the original films) were reduced a bit in time and less revealing, leaving the viewer to assume what happened but not actually showing it. I believe that adds to the story more than it takes away.

After watching it and thinking back to the story line, it seems more apparent to me than ever that the engineers were going back to destroy life on eaarth because they were able to see a furture where David achieved his goals. They felt it necessary to do a restart, since the people of earth were going to create a self destructive cycle anyway. Not to mention uncntrollably spreadng the 'alien' into the universe.

I guess we'll have to wait and see if the story evolves enough to find out if any of that is true.

Anyway...thank you for this edit. As I said, love it...and will watch it again!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom