• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

PARADISE - a Prometheus + Alien: Covenant edit

I may not be terribly responsive to PMs over the next few days, but please feel free to check out my Twitter tweets (@JobWillins) for more details on Paradise.

~J

Great to see this up on IFDB! An edit like this was the first thing I thought of when watching Alien: Covenant, so I'm glad to see you've made one so efficiently!

Can't wait to see it.

jobwillins said:
I've posted my current cut for some reactions and feedback this weekend if anyone is interested.
Feel free to PM me or shoot me an email at jobwillins(at)gmail

password: preview

Thanks!
~J

Hi. I tried to view this, but the password doesn't work. Did you take its down once your final version was released? I am really enjoying these character-themed fanedits lately. UPDATE: I found the tumblr entry, so now enjoying the vimeo play.  Thanks for this. I'll be sure to review once I've viewed it, but at this point i seems a little like piling on (the praise). ;)

Hi @"George Jetson" 

Glad you found the new link!

Reviews are always appreciated.  Positive feedback keeps me going  :)

~J

Just finished watching Paradise. I was really pleased with the editing,  smooth transitions, and several places where parallels were made between the films with the editing itself (the fires for instance) that made it more enjoyable. Unfortunately, bouncing between the two stories didn't work for me as well as I'd hoped, but that's more of a personal preference than anything on the editing side. I found myself having to rethink and remember what was going on between long breaks away from either story or mixing up which time we were in when action scenes from both movies combined. That being said, I have both movies but have only seen them once, maybe twice each, so maybe that's why I got lost a little. I also missed some of the character development that was cut but of course things needed cut and you made the right calls in order to keep a coherent plot. As far as combining the two films into one story, this is probably the best you'll find. It really is a great edit and it makes me interested in what else Job Willins edits.

Thanks @"The_Doctor" ! Really glad you found it worthwhile.  If you’re looking for other edits I’ve done combining two films (but not intercutting between them) you may like Man of Tomorrow.

Best,

~J

jobwillins said:
Thanks @"The_Doctor" ! Really glad you found it worthwhile.  If you’re looking for other edits I’ve done combining two films (but not intercutting between them) you may like Man of Tomorrow.

Best,

~J

What does that combine?

Hey Doc! Whats up ..
I would love a possibility to watch the cut, it sounds so good!
I am also looking for an extended cut of Covenant. Anything like that in the vaults?! :cool: 

Greetingz!

ProfMarvel said:
I would love a possibility to watch the cut, it sounds so good!

@"ProfMarvel" if this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot. More details on our policies, especially our Own the Source rule are available here. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.

I am so utterly sorry. I thought I chose words that did not imply this. Sorry 10x ... =o)

Topher Grace just gave @"jobwillins" a shout out for this edit on Twitter. I bet you're loving this :)
Would link the tweet but it's go other links... :rolleyes:

This is very cool and so well deserved. Both Paradise and Man of Tomorrow are spectacular edits IMO.

Rewatched it recently and I still consider it one of my favourite fanedits. Deserves every bit of praise it gets.

Thanks @"DigModiFicaTion", @"stferguson78", @"Closer2God", and @"The Scribbling Man" !

I really appreciate the encouragement

~J

Back
Top Bottom