• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Obituaries

Andreas said:
The same month as we just got to see Carrie Fisher at her youngest again, we now also sit with the fact that Episode 8 is the last time we'll ever see her as Princess Leia ever again.

Rest in Peace, beloved Carrie. The world gives, and the world takes. I am just happy you got to give a lot!

Threads merged. Carrie's death is a great loss, but please keep posts here.

fuck.

fuck, fuck, fuck.

________
tangentially, i hope they don't defile her legacy by bringing her back in CGI form for episode IX. hire someone else or write her out of the story.

A light detour from the current.
Carrie Fisher was on the QI holiday show a few years ago -

Chances are the entire episode is available.

Sad news indeed.
@"L8wrtr" article sums up many of our feelings.

i heard it this morning and the rest of the day my head was foggy.
i haven't been this affected by a celebrity death since George Carlin died.
(he was just as big of part of my growing up as Star Wars was.)

just read Debbie Reynolds was rushed to the hospital, with possible stroke, brought on from the pain of losing her child and also shes 84

Official: Debbie Reynolds has died.

massive  stroke the day  after losing her daughter,  thats very sad.

effin jeebus.  
i know people dying is nothing new and hundreds of people die every day and nobody knows about it.
and it's only because of social media that we even know about those who do.
but this has got to be an unprecedented year as far as unrelated deaths not connected  to war, terrorist, or epi/pandemic sickness.
i dunno.  i'm probably being naive.

I look forward to the day, whenever it may be, that I have time to get back on the forum for something other than this...but until then, as with Kenny Baker, attention must be paid.

Carrie Fisher was 19 when she started filming Star Wars. What was Debbie Reynolds doing when she was 19? Going toe to toe with Gene Kelly and Donald O'Connor in one of the all-time great musicals. RIP to both.

David Suchet played 'Princess Leia's Theme' on ClassicFM yesterday as a tribute. Did it always sound like beautifully sad funeral music?

Debbie Reynolds too?
How sad. F....
My thoughts goes to Billie Lourd.

I feel so sorry for Billie Lourd and Todd Fisher. I know Billie lived with her mother/grandmother, and now has an empty house. This is supposed to be a happy time of the year. [emoji53]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How terrible. I really feel bad for Billie. I hope she knows how much of the world would just like to hug her right now. Debbie and Carrie were both so important to so many people. Hopefully she can take solace in that.

Gorden Kaye, British sitcom star, dies at age 75

allo_bbc.png

Back
Top Bottom