• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Northwest Passage: A Twin Peaks Fanedit

white43 said:
And I would wholeheartedly agree.

This is one of those series that I never watched on original release (my friends did, I was too busy watching Red Dwarf!). Then I saw Fire Walk With Me, watched the first season and for some reason stopped. I still have the crappy Spanish release DVD's on the bottle shelf, waiting, waiting.....

So when this came along - a sure fire way to get the gist of the whole thing...and I was not disappointed. I did it over two evenings and the narrative works wonderfully. Didn't miss a thing - seemless. I think because I've edited and know some of the tricks employed to blend scenes that have score, I could just about tell a few scenes that might not originally have gone together - but your average Joe definitely wouldn't. Oh, that and Donna's hair seems to suddenly get longer! But this is great! Got the whole story there in 5 hours! Didn't get bored once and I thought I might with 5 hours of it, but nope.

I'm going to give this the full 10/10. Great work TC/Q2.

Is it available already?

New fanedits are generally posted Monday evening (U.S.).

This is finally available! But the dlc links, all three of them, are missing one / to work properly. You can get the files anyway if you know where to place that /.

My apologies on the flawed release. I've recently taken over the duty of .info releases and my quality control appears to have missed that one. The links are now correct. Happy Downloading.

OMG, this is going to be sweet. Getting this now!

How do I download this? I have never heard of a dlc file before. Windows says it cannot find any information on it either...

Go to jdownloader.org and download and install the program. Make sure it updates (force update if you need to) and then run h DLC. Should open and download.

I've not watched the series, but my sister has the set. I know it's tremendously popular.
I'm going to burn these discs for her, but give it a preview before passing it along. I look forward to seeing your result, and I'll write a review.
It was edited from the .mp4s, is that correct?

veggieguy12 said:
It was edited from the .mp4s, is that correct?

Correct. The 720p versions available from iTunes. Still not the highest quality I would like, but there is only so much one can do when trying to cram 2.5 hrs on 2 hr DVDs.

I've hit a snag. I got the mp4 file, but I have a hard time playing it back (only iTunes or Quicktime seem to work, but my computer can't muster playing video in those applications (no hardware acceleration). Getting the AVCHD's now instead.

emphatic said:
I've hit a snag. I got the mp4 file, but I have a hard time playing it back (only iTunes or Quicktime seem to work, but my computer can't muster playing video in those applications (no hardware acceleration). Getting the AVCHD's now instead.

VLC plays it fine for me.

my wireless connection isnt the best so ive got bout 5 parts left.

DwightFry78 said:
VLC plays it fine for me.

Cheers, but does it play using DXVA, or software decoding? I will probably have gotten the whole AVCHD tomorrow though, so I'm just gonna sit tight for that. :D

Does it run like a really long movie, or a movie in a couple parts - or is it still like episodes, but just fewer?

Also, since you've said you loved Season 1 but were disappointed with Season 2 until the last episodes, is this about 80% first-season material in these 300 minutes, and just 20% of the second season? Or would you say it's a more balanced use of both seasons?

Loving this so far, on Disc 2 now, haven't noticed any edits so far and the story has all been presented perfectly! Did notice a technical problem at the long continuous shot running from about 34:50-36:50 on Disc 2 though, the quality shifts like it's gone from the HD source to the SD source. So far this is the only problem i've noticed though and it's hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the edit at all, it's just something noticeable. I haven't seen the HD source myself so i don't know if this is just how it is there or not. I'm watching the DVD version of the edit by the way.

veggieguy12 said:
Does it run like a really long movie, or a movie in a couple parts - or is it still like episodes, but just fewer?

Also, since you've said you loved Season 1 but were disappointed with Season 2 until the last episodes, is this about 80% first-season material in these 300 minutes, and just 20% of the second season? Or would you say it's a more balanced use of both seasons?

I'd say it's about 60% first season, 40% second season. Pretty balanced really considering this edit focuses only on Lauras story and a lot of the second season was spent on other things.

I have finished downloading the MP4 file but it just won't play. I have tried using both Windows Media Player and VLC. Do I need to install any other software to play this? I have not had any problems with other MP4 files...

veggieguy12 said:

It's designed to be like a really long movie (just under 5 hrs).

veggieguy12 said:

I was disappointed with Season 2 after the Palmer mystery was resolved, though the black lodge stuff started getting things interesting again. So as far as Season 2 I used stuff only up to the Palmer mystery resolution. I did incorporate about 10 min of other season 2 stuff too.

BlueAngel said:
I have finished downloading the MP4 file but it just won't play. I have tried using both Windows Media Player and VLC. Do I need to install any other software to play this? I have not had any problems with other MP4 files...

Weird. Both WMP and VLC work for me. Have you tried Quicktime? Another solution is to check the files extension. Is it .MP4 or .M4V? Whatever it is try changing it to the other.

rewak said:
Did notice a technical problem at the long continuous shot running from about 34:50-36:50 on Disc 2 though, the quality shifts like it's gone from the HD source to the SD source. So far this is the only problem i've noticed though and it's hasn't spoiled my enjoyment of the edit at all, it's just something noticeable.

It's due to trying to cram 2.5 hrs onto a 2 hr disc. Unfortunately, there isn't much I can do about it unless I released it as a 3 disc set. When the BR is released (rumor has it later this year) I will probably remaster it from that set so I'm working with 1080p vs 720p. At that time I might do a special DL set for DVD as well as AVCHD.

I know the Windows version of VLC sometimes struggles with really big files on some Windows systems. I'd recommend trying an MPlayer version instead. SMPlayer, for instance, is nice on Windows (MPlayer OSX Extended is my go-to on Macs). (Or install K-Lite Codec pack and use Media Player Classic.)

Back
Top Bottom