• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Nirvana Turns 21

*considers thread lock*

JetSetWilly said:
Me neither. I'm more a sort of KISS, Warrant, Bryan Adams kind of man. I just don't seem to get the Nirvana love. The album Nevermind is widely regarded as a landmark album. To me, I don't think it is. It's a cd full of meh.

I think this is the funniest thing I have ever read.

reave be righteously on-point. grunge was post-punk done right. hard, but not classically structured like metal. not spinal tap or misogynistic like metal of the time. less political than punk. perfect for my generation.

and here's the slumber party some of you deserve:

images

Dammit FC, I was hoping you'd post a screenshot of your post.

Urge to lock rising.

Oh come on Frink, don't be a party pooper. We's just having a little fun is all.

c'mon, frink. everybody's doing it.

Frantic Canadian said:
Sorry man but I thought they all sucked. They sound more like stoner rock than metal to me. I think I'll stick to Nightwish, Arch Enemy, Within Temptation, Leaves Eyes, and Lacuna Coil for my female fronted metal.

For the most part, I can only really stand female vocals in doom. But symphonic stuff Therion and Haggard works too. At least we can agree that Nirvana is absolutely horrible.

I like anything new and any album that knocks Michael jackson off the top of the charts is alright by me.

Well we got this awesomeness cause of Nirvana:

^I'll admit I do enjoy Weird Al's parody, but only because he's making fun of Nirvana.

Frantic Canadian said:
^I'll admit I do enjoy Weird Al's parody, but only because he's making fun of Nirvana.

/\ This. Anything that pokes fun of The Most Overrated Band in History is fine in my book. I haven't heard this for years. I might have to dig out my Weird Al discs at some point.

Wow. You guys totally don't get it, do you. Smells Like Teen Spirit is already a parody song. It's just that it was too spot on and became a hit.

That's definitely one of his, Al that is, better ones.

Lithium still rocks though :oops:

:behindsofa:

I agree Smells Like Nirvana is an awesome song. Kurt loved it as well.

Neglify said:
Wow. You guys totally don't get it, do you. Smells Like Teen Spirit is already a parody song. It's just that it was too spot on and became a hit.

Well obviously I didn't know that. I mean I hate Nirvana so why would I bother listening to their music? Especially enough times to realize that it was parodying something. I haven't heard that song since I was like in 9th grade, which was 19 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom