• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

New Shows

Agree that it won't reach that level of TV. TV shows today are so different than the 80s and early 90s, it's a little unfair to compare the two. But as far as nostalgia and taking a trip back in time, this show is pretty good.

True.

I actually made my own Tron outfit as a kid... so I had a big laugh when they showed that... LOL!

Just finish watching the premiere of ALMOST HUMAN. Very enjoyable. Carl Urban is excellent as always. Lots of potential. FOX is 2 for 2 so far in the genre department this season, as SLEEPY HOLLOW continues to improve and entertain.

Watched the second episode of ALMOST HUMAN last night -- this may be my favorite new show of the season -- very fun show. :pop2:

MOB CITY -- Really enjoyed this.... great retro-slow burn noir thriller!

I'm not much into gangster or cop shops so I didn't give Mob City much thought. Funny, though, I am really enjoying almost human. Maybe my love of sci-fi outweighs my dislike for cop shows. :)

18 Reasons You Should Be Watching The Goldbergs

The writing and acting really is magnificent. The music's usually pretty rad. The creator's a cool geek who engages in friendly discussion with fans and shows bits and pieces of his real childhood in the credit. Every episode is dedicated to someone or something special to the creator, a nice touch. Awesome set designs and pop culture references.

And most importantly. It's a family show with a ton of heart that's fun (and we don't have too many of those at the moment).

DUSK FROM DAWN the tv series is on Netflix. So far the first 6 episodes are available, new eps added weekly.

A little slow at first but after episode two, I found it to become more engaging as fresh material was added to the story, giving it a very different twist from the original movie. Definitely worth checking out.

I watched the first two episodes of FX's "Fargo" and I'm pleasantly surprised, it's a good show. Great cast, good writing, I'm genuinely interested in what happens. The worst thing about the show is they called it Fargo.

bionicbob said:
DUSK FROM DAWN the tv series is on Netflix. So far the first 6 episodes are available, new eps added weekly.

A little slow at first but after episode two, I found it to become more engaging as fresh material was added to the story, giving it a very different twist from the original movie. Definitely worth checking out.

I thought NetFlix released the entire season of their shows all on the same day. Is this something new that they're doing? Personally I prefer releasing over time, cause you have less time to wait once the season is over, but releasing all at once has its perks too.

Well that's not a Netflix show, it was originally on Rodriguez's El Rey network (whatever the hell that is).

Also, yeah, Fargo's pretty great.

I think Netflix is co-producing some series with other networks?
Both DUSK FROM DAWN and THE 100 are shows on other networks, but are airing weekly on Netflix.

I must say, at first I had a hard time adapting to the recasting of these characters. You don't realize how good and iconic these performances were until you see someone new in the role. It took a few eps, but the actors seem to be making the roles their own, and as I said this show has some very fresh twists and a deeper mythology.

Sadly can't seem to find it on Netflix. Been wanting to see Dusk til Dawn to give it a chance. But guess just gonna have to wait a bit longer.

Almost Human cancelled. Buh-bye. A great show that never found an audience.

Watched episode 7 of Dusk to Dawn last night... WOW! Directed by Rodriguez, it was the major reveal of the TittyTwister and first full over over the top gore action fest! It was awesome. It I was so bold, I would say this version was BETTER than the original.

bionicbob said:
Watched episode 7 of Dusk to Dawn last night... WOW! Directed by Rodriguez, it was the major reveal of the TittyTwister and first full over over the top gore action fest! It was awesome. It I was so bold, I would say this version was BETTER than the original.

I feel urge to watch this now...

Neglify said:
I feel urge to watch this now...

Be warned, episodes 1 -6 are fairly slow, more character and mythology building than the usual action you expect from Rodriguez.

bionicbob said:
Be warned, episodes 1 -6 are fairly slow, more character and mythology building than the usual action you expect from Rodriguez.

Cool, good to know. I am intrigued by the concept that the vampire twist comes in Episode 7. Most TV shows would have revealed that halfway through the Pilot. You know, because like it's based off cult flick and the built-in audience already knows the twist, so it's like interesting to see how the characters and events unfold in the TV version, and other words.

Oh sorry, I think I expressed myself incorrectly. You learn about Vampires fairly early on in the series. It just takes episodes 1 thru 6 before they all arrive at the Titty Twister and the Vamps all fully reveal themselves to our characters and crazy gore and action begins. :D But yes, every character is slightly different from the movie. Richie is very different, still crazy, but maybe crazy for a whole different reason.;-)

Back
Top Bottom