• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mr White Part II: Phoenix (A Breaking Bad Fanedit)

For me 3 hrs is not a problem in a series to movie translation. It’s breaking bad so it won’t be boring.

Had a real quick go at rescoring the heroin scene with My Bloody Valentine's 'To Here Knows When' while also adding some reverb-soaked dialogue to add to the "dreamy" aesthetic. It's only a rough version but I still think it works well. Would like to know what others think.

That runtime sounds just fine. Like I said earlier, you have a lot more material to cover here than you did with the first movie. Any shorter and it would probably be almost incomprehensible.

EDIT: Goddammit, I didn't realize there was a second page. I was responding to the question of whether a 3-hour runtime is okay.

Goddammit, I didn't realize there was a second page. I was responding to the question of whether a 3-hour runtime is okay.
I do this sorts stuff all the time don't worry; I mean I only just realised the clip I posted was a private video that I hadn't pressed public on :)

Had to sacrifice a few hours of sleep tonight but I am very happy to announce that the first draft of this edit is completed. The runtime totals up to around 178 minutes with quite a lot cut from the original series. If anyone is interested in watching this please PM me.

I'm very happy that you got back on this project. I'm a huge fan of the series and of your first edit, Mr. White.

I'm very happy that you got back on this project. I'm a huge fan of the series and of your first edit, Mr. White.
Thank you very much! I don't know if you saw this but I mentioned in my Mr White thread a few days ago that I've decided to fix up a few problems that I had with that edit, such as the little bits of credits that appear and quick flashes I didn't realise until a later time. A new version of Mr White will be available in a few days.

I gave the first draft of this a watch last night and im pretty proud of it so far. Narratively I think i've hit the nail right on the head and I think the pacing is pretty spot on. The actual editing is pretty good too, however there are a few edits here and there (mainly nitpicks) that I would like to sort out.
For people who have asked for links or want a link, there will be a better version available tomorrow.

Last edited:
Been going over parts of this edit I wasn't impressed with when watching it last night. One part that stuck out to me in particular was the removal of Jessie and Walt's story in the dessert.
I trimmed their journey to the cook site by combing both the traveling montage and their cooking montage. than removed Jessie and Walt being stranded in the desert not long after. The video below is my second attempt at this (quality is not representative of the final product).

Been working on those little nitpicks I mentioned earlier and from what I can tell so far this is pretty much complete.
I have been able to cut the runtime down to 177 minutes (with credits) from the original 600 minutes or so.

I have mainly been working on the ending credits today; originally I wanted to stick with the theme of using a Radiohead song yet again for the closing credits, so originally I decided to use "Street Spirit (Fade Out)". However after rewatching last night I decided that the tone of the song, in my opinion, didn't fit too well.
So instead I have replaced that with Talking Heads' "The Overload". I personally think this just works a lot better.

After 7 hours of rendering (yes, my computer is slow :)) I have a new version of this edit available to watch for anyone who is interested! From what I can tell so far, this may actually be the finished project. I will revisit this tonight and let everyone know the details.

After doing a thorough check over this edit last night, I am happy to announce that this fanedit has been submitted to IFDB.

Last edited:
One quick flash of a frame = 7 hours of rendering.

Editing is so draining :)

Wow! I feel like I missed something somewhere. I didn't realize you were this close.
To be completely honest, Im surprised by how quickly this edit has come along. I usually take quite a while to finish my edits, but this edit in particular seems to have run so smoothly it only took 2 attempts to get it to it's finished version. I highly recommend watching it if you enjoyed my first edit :)

Last edited:
You've created ones of the best TV-to-movie edits out there - marvelous task as the show is so good and the process of removing must be pretty hard. Hopefully, this year we can expect another edit from Breaking Bad series ;). Greets

Hey! I really enjoyed your edits of the first 2 seasons. Are you planning on making one of the third?

Back
Top Bottom