• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mr White Part II: Phoenix (A Breaking Bad Fanedit)

It'sOnRandom

Donor
Faneditor
Reaction score
Trophy Points
Mr White Part II: Phoenix
ggaCvaT.jpg

Original Running Time: 615 Minutes

Fanedit Running Time: 178 Minutes

Time Cut: 437 Minutes

Time Added: 0 Minutes

Tagline: This is just the beginning...

Fanedit Type: TV-to-Movie

Genre: Action/Comedy

Brief Synopsis:
After Walter and Jesse's frightening encounter with Tuco Salamanca, they plan a way to murder him before it's too late. Little do they know they have an even more intense future ahead of them.

Intention:
After making my TV-To-Movie edit of the first season of Breaking Bad I decided to finish off the rest of the entire show. This edit once again focuses mainly on everyone's favorite part of Breaking Bad, Walter and Jesse cooking meth.

Cuts And Additions:
Just like the previous part of Mr White, there are far too many cuts and additions to list off everything that I have changed.
Below is a list of the main important factors I have removed.
- Custom made opening credits
- Removed Ted Beneke's charecter
- Removed Hank looking for Jesse and interpreted scenes to look like it is Tuco he is chasing.
- The events of "Peekaboo" don't exist in this cut
- Removed Jesse's family from the picture entirely
- Trimmed the relationship between Jane and her father
- The events of "4 Days Out" are pretty much entirely removed
- Water and Jesse no longer threaten to kill Saul Goodman
- Rescored Jesse and Jane's heroin scene with "My Bloody Valentine - to here knows when"
- Rescored ending credits with "Talking Heads - The Overload"
- Removed any mention of two cell phones until the finale.

The First 8 Minutes:

The Original Edit:
"Mr White (A Breaking Bad Fanedit)"

Release Info:
720p/MP4/AAC

Last edited:
After watching Mr White twice I realised how far my editing has come in just a few months. Mr White is nowhere near a bad edit and I'm still quite proud of it, however I just feel it isn't replicant to my skill anymore and this sequel will be far better. ( I really hope I don't sound up my own ass here :)).

I just wanted to share this clip I worked on yesterday. As I removed a certain subplot from season one, I had to carry that on to the next season and I'm quite happy with the result - spoilers ahead!

After watching Mr White twice I realised how far my editing has come in just a few months. Mr White is nowhere near a bad edit and I'm still quite proud of it, however I just feel it isn't replicant to my skill anymore and this sequel will be far better. ( I really hope I don't sound up my own ass here :)).

I just wanted to share this clip I worked on yesterday. As I removed a certain subplot from season one, I had to carry that on to the next season and I'm quite happy with the result - spoilers ahead!

which subplot is that btw?

I wanted to share something else on this thread as I feel like I don't share enough of my edits.

Here is me trimming the fight between Tuco, Jesse, Walt and Hank, I had to add some extra dialogue of Hank saying Tuco's name as originally he goes there to visit Jesse, however I removed the whole subplot of Jessie being Walter's drug dealer so I had to change Hank's dialogue.

Sadly i lost loads of my files from before so I'm going to have restart this again. however i weren't too far into it anyway so I'll be back on track in the next few days.

^^ If you don't already, I highly recommend regularly backing up all your files to another drive. Better safe than sorry.

Can this thread be deleted or closed I can not stand this fanedit anymore lol

Sadly yes, this is aggravating me to much :(
The challenges in life are where we learn the most....keep plugging away...don't give up. By all means step away from the project but you may get a burst of inspiration one day to finish it and when you have completed part 2 you will be ever more satisfied. I've been working on projects for years but will never put them in the bin. (y)

I've decided to return to this edit after rewatching and polishing up on the Breaking Bad story line. It's been quite a while since I've gone head-first into editing a big project. However, I believe this can actually be done.

While editing this I have come to realize that this is gonna be a lot harder than I originally thought due to me having to cut around 6 1/2 hours of content to make it feel a good length in my eyes. If I want the role of runtime to run well then this edit of Breaking Bad is gonna be extremely fast-paced (a good example of the pacing is below).

Spoiler Warning!

Last edited:
I'm glad you're going back to this! I remember really enjoying your original edit, and I was disappointed you never did any more.

If I could give a suggestion though, I wouldn't recommend trying to compress the entire second season into a single movie. Like you said, it results in an extremely rushed pace. Since the first season was half the length of a normal Breaking Bad season, maybe you could make two movies out of season 2? I think it would be really neat if you stopped the second movie around s2e6, and then had the mariachi song in s2e7 be the "opening credits sequence" for movie 3.

If I could give a suggestion though, I wouldn't recommend trying to compress the entire second season into a single movie. Like you said, it results in an extremely rushed pace. Since the first season was half the length of a normal Breaking Bad season, maybe you could make two movies out of season 2? I think it would be really neat if you stopped the second movie around s2e6, and then had the mariachi song in s2e7 be the "opening credits sequence" for movie 3.
I did think this originally, however looking deeper into the content of season 2 I seriously believe I could create a fairly well paced film out of the whole second season due to a lot of story points I will not be using such as 'Peekaboo'.

While 'Peekaboo' is one of my favourites of the whole show I think I can craft a strong story without it. If I come to realise that I'm talking shit (which happens more often than not) i'll definitely give splitting it into two parts a go.

Surprisingly the actual editing behind this is running quite smoothly. I haven't yet caught myself on anything too hard to work around.
Im around 50% done so far and im at a total runtime of 60 minutes.

This is what the timeline is looking like so far for anyone who cares about that sort of thing, pretty straight forward but quite a lot of trimming and cuts are implimented through out.

totdXoQhJlc8tLrhCKeVfkEB-yKcm_i9091oyqWb8Su8PnomgK16pp2mxV3maaQQ3iHjxwkeMCgXvnSqw0yj1R_4QKV0QValKxZi-RtT1YpzbNn_BmjXH38dggZDcGBjY6GQP8xgBgs7xnbu1n_n3cxD1wJ7wdxAYakcE_2Ub8_JV4kHwXGqmfBioK-ubPDJvpN-xDf5ClBG_2_G292XHF3xhbM3xzkyCTeNOeUNQ3SBsxq5uwgnpVCwLeAVjjm4qXpQSO5aH74sNNyrXBP9rqi_T11fHrY27FUwQtyz93bcs2f1gvGd9V8gyuN0PsjOJujU2ZUN-MtDxykThw6gYaY285ktp5-14KbY8Oop1cRDzwiL_bpXZLr8GpvCDgMr_Xw4Es6tEvxVLKDCuB83s-qHqKSPDXpuy0soYc0XHfz_HCchEdTX8VKnMzocQejJ11iqEmZ4sGerFbPEvcvAdnFqQUvn5A_zyw7ANJKuaB-Wh7U9K9CDhXTZSRngQxgItR80Qu-ZyyY9ZYlDWRo7sHIKwmtEZCzwAYcVuJOrN24q3mSdr1YcDY282OpXMzTl7nJIgPdcxJ4YEHQC6Irn96tNRAV5K3AwkSOrIYgy4Rko0oGqB7WFxnMw9d7pOsfs7GLhrdKsLuqQgZ0jxl0C8oB2AIkPKW2EucPpAsoHJUVIecjuqi3MTttTXs-KJ_YrMDrNODSvEjgHaYWnmXmfdEfYahxKlXu-WCuOz4InNUx0b3nC75_LMG-miBcWWT4UjUgFaqn--_sjAfHzu-2mxai_rDdFZDT1pz7yodbuYazcz3zoABuIXQVHANApXl5SZaGn3t3kY9zv3geCBMznDEuxQy1ZRuBu3EzCpTXxdtnpQy5RIAYzKNX4XHPFiHP5txoA7BhWlKHfCiCFYlGfFsxa4xUMq8VDomlnVFrxn10w=w1622-h912-no

From the looks of things I should have the first draft of this edit completed around sometime tomorrow. The editing process has been fairly easy-going as I haven't had too many issues with plot holes or awkward stories that intermingle. The only small nag i have is that the runtime for this edit is shaping up to be around just under 3 hours ; I was wondering what everyone else thought of that runtime and whether it is too long?

Back
Top Bottom