• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Miami Vice Trilogy (TV-to-Movie) by ranger613

Neglify said:
Review for "Vendetta":

I've watched a handful of episodes of Miami Vice, but was never a big fan. This fanedit is a pretty damn good introduction for newcomers, and I'm sure MV fans would get a kick out of it.

A/V Quality 6/10 - I understand that the show isn't available on Blu-Ray, only through "sub-par" DVD, the quality is quite bad. There's a lot of pixelation and compression artifacts, especially in the pilot episode. And I really don't understand why it's a 9 GB MP4. The editor says it's that big because of the "additional grading and audio enhancement that was needed" but I have no clue what he means. Honestly this would have been better as a nice 4 GB DVD5.

Editing 10/10 - Superb work!

Narrative 8/8 - Nicely executed overall. It can't help but feel like two long episodes stitched together, but the story flows nicely.

Enjoyment 8/8 - I dug watching this (despite the quality issues) and will most likely check out Ranger's next installments.
Thanks for the review [MENTION=9578]Neglify[/MENTION]! Glad you enjoyed this. Totally with you on the video bit, I would love to recreate this someday when the blu ray comes out, but the chances of that are unpredictable at best.

This edit was assembled from a two hour pilot which introduced the characters and two irregular midseason episodes which resolved the pilots storyline. Even tho my goal was to make the "Redemption" edit first, I knew that without a good intro to the series for casual viewers , that effort would be pointless. I'm glad you thought this was a decent intro to the series. A lot of stuff had to be cut and I'm happy it works in this running time.

Thanks again for watching man. Always appreciate the feedback.

Cheers,
Kris [emoji4]

Ps. I may be mistaken but I remember you said you were from San Francisco? Was just down there for a conference all week, great city! Very different, yet very similar, to ny.

ranger613 said:
Ps. I may be mistaken but I remember you said you were from San Francisco? Was just down there for a conference all week, great city! Very different, yet very similar, to ny.

Damn, we could have gone out for a few beers.

Neglify said:
Damn, we could have gone out for a few beers.
More than a few haha. Great city, Super expensive tho lol [emoji6]

kellenpure, thanks for the review my friend! I similarly never watched the originals and was never a fan of the show, only watched the occasional episode in syndication (back home they used to show Season 1 and 2 episodes every Saturday afternoon). Decided to give it a go after getting the box set last year and was surprised at how good it was for an 80's show (which were mostly all quite bad). If you enjoy the edits and want to watch the series, unfortunately I only recommend Seasons 1 and 2 tho which are still classic, as the quality dips noticeably in Season 3 after Michael Mann left the show. Thanks again man!
Kris

Hmm, not a fan of the Burnett saga then?:)

...I like it for Sheena Easton and the ending to "Deliver Us From Evil"

[MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION], thanks a million for the review man, really appreciate it! :) And yes totally forgot the burnett arc, that was pretty damn good, my apologies!

Back
Top Bottom