• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Miami Vice Trilogy (TV-to-Movie) by ranger613

So the first draft of the first film is done, more than happy to preview it to anyone who's interested. If its successful, I'm thinking one movie a month kind of thing in addition to other edits. Let me know thanks

ranger613 said:
So the first draft of the first film is done, more than happy to preview it to anyone who's interested. If its successful, I'm thinking one movie a month kind of thing in addition to other edits. Let me know thanks

Gimme gimme gimme! :-D :-D

Awesome, thanks guys! Small prob tho, mega is being a pain for some reason, uploading has been falling for some reason, but should be fixed by tomorrow. Will send you links.

Thanks again!
Kris

Send me the draft too. I might tuck into some Vice binge-watching all week while I look after the house.

Oh, me too. Me too. Send me a link. HUGE vice fan. This the first I've heard of this. At first I thought it was an edit of the #cough# "movie" with Collin ferrell. Imagine my happy surprise it was about the show. Please send me a link. Thanks.

Hi guys happy to know there's so much interest. Eager to upload this, sorry mega is just being a pain right now. Will send you all links as soon as poss

Ok, sent out previews, hope to get some feedback thanks guys :)

Just submitted the Miami Vice trilogy for release this week-- Vendetta, Score and Redemption. Here are the minimalist posters I chose:
tumblr_nczivgnRUV1tew1ifo3_1280.jpg

tumblr_nczivgnRUV1tew1ifo1_1280.jpg

tumblr_nczivgnRUV1tew1ifo2_1280.jpg

Special thanks to everyone who supported this project including [MENTION=10436]maxgremlin[/MENTION], [MENTION=4824]tylerdurden389[/MENTION], [MENTION=7560]Kal-El[/MENTION], [MENTION=5719]musiced921[/MENTION], [MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION], and everyone else. I hope you will enjoy watching these edits. Thanks guys!
Cheers,
Kris

These are cool. Wish the GTA: VC games had covers like that.

Thanks man! Spent quite a bit of time making the vice edits, now just wanna take a break and do something else, likely going to finish up Pacific rim. How's Sherlock coming?

It's going great. I was able to rebuild most of the files I lost in the computer crash and the video quality is a bit better. I also got my hands on an all-purpose converter so I can shrink my files down to managable MP4s for you to keep previewing, and I know how to upload DVD files now.:)

I'll leave a review for your Vice edits as soon as possible. I binge-watched all the key episodes you worked on specificly for purpose of annalysis.

Thanks mate, can't wait to review your edit! :)

Have you thought of putting these up, converted and compressed slightly, on Vimeo?

Watched "Redemption" yesterday and bloody loved it, the two eps really blended well together and served Crockett's character arc soundly. Poor guy can never catch a break can he, rofl. Good work as always.:)

Zarius said:
Have you thought of putting these up, converted and compressed slightly, on Vimeo?

Zarius said:
Watched "Redemption" yesterday and bloody loved it, the two eps really blended well together and served Crockett's character arc soundly. Poor guy can never catch a break can he, rofl. Good work as always.:)

Hi [MENTION=4825]Zarius[/MENTION]! Yea I considered putting on Vimeo but problem was I'd have to compress it as I have a 500 mb limit on there, and the image quality didnt need to suffer more.

I'm very glad you enjoyed the edit! I agree that the episodes reflected his character flaws and strengths, and hopefully I did ok putting them together. Thanks for the kind words man. If you have some time, is it ok to leave a review on IFDB whenever, just to get more folks interested to watch them. Thanks again man!
Cheers,
Kris

I already left a review for "Redemption" some days back on IFDB. I'll get around to the other two shortly:)

Zarius said:
I already left a review for "Redemption" some days back on IFDB. I'll get around to the other two shortly:)
Oh I just saw. Thanks so much for the kind words my friend!! [emoji1]

Review for "Vendetta":

I've watched a handful of episodes of Miami Vice, but was never a big fan. This fanedit is a pretty damn good introduction for newcomers, and I'm sure MV fans would get a kick out of it.

A/V Quality 6/10 - I understand that the show isn't available on Blu-Ray, only through "sub-par" DVD, the quality is quite bad. There's a lot of pixelation and compression artifacts, especially in the pilot episode. And I really don't understand why it's a 9 GB MP4. The editor says it's that big because of the "additional grading and audio enhancement that was needed" but I have no clue what he means. Honestly this would have been better as a nice 4 GB DVD5.

Editing 10/10 - Superb work!

Narrative 8/8 - Nicely executed overall. It can't help but feel like two long episodes stitched together, but the story flows nicely.

Enjoyment 8/8 - I dug watching this (despite the quality issues) and will most likely check out Ranger's next installments.

Back
Top Bottom