• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

McCAIN vs OBAMA: It's President Barack Obama!

Who do you want as the next US President.

• Barack Obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • John McCain

Votes: 23 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and if you dont believe me let me quote guy from this topic:

And then we will find out who voted for McCain and run them out of town!

voodl said:
voodl are you saying you don't believe in the concept of Democracy?
yes

[quote:369r6wv2]Or that you don't believe in the voting because of the sorry state Democracy is currently in.

... in the long term democracy turns in farce and crawling dictatorship. Did you forget history? Germany in '20-'30?....[/quote:369r6wv2]

Nope.

Deep breath...

There were a variety of reasons for the rise of fascism in Germany in the 20's-30's. The Treaty of Versaille & the collapse of it's economy created & bread great resentment & misery in the German population. On top of that they had the threat of Communist Russia to it's East creating a climate of fear which was easily preyed upon by politicians. Democracy was actually quite weak in Germany & they had an inadequate system where a number of the parties in the Weimar republic didn't actually support the idea of Democracy. Also, their system didn't allow a majourity party so there was never a stable Government in power & there was even a law where a State of Emergency could be called creating an authoritarian state. Throw an evil bastard like Hitler into the mix & you get the seeds of World War II.

The problem is that no political system is perfect because it involves being run humans. But, the fact is Democracy is the best of a bad bunch.

History has shown this.

voodl said:
and if you dont believe me let me quote guy from this topic:

And then we will find out who voted for McCain and run them out of town!

I'm sure kbm was joking & if he wasn't it's hardly grounds to dismiss an entire political system that has worked pretty well considering how flawed humans beings generally are.

There were a variety of reasons for the rise of fascism in Germany in the 20's-30's. The Treaty of Versaille & the collapse of it's economy created & bread great resentment & misery in the German population. On top of that they had the threat of Communist Russia to it's East creating a climate of fear which was easily preyed upon by politicians. Democracy was actually quite weak in Germany & they had an inadequate system where a number of the parties in the Weimar republic didn't actually support the idea of Democracy & there was even a law where a State of Emergency could be called creating an authoritarian state. Throw an evil bastard like Hitler into the mix & you get the seeds of World War II.

The problem is that no political system is perfect because it involves being run humans. But, the fact is Democracy is the best of a bad bunch.

I agree with you FatherMerrin...... but....do we have climate of fear right now? do we have collapse of economy? Give them a reason and majority will steal your freedom in a split second....

I'm sure kbm was joking & if he wasn't it's hardly grounds to dismiss an entire political system that has worked pretty well considering how flawed humans beings generally are.

You know....that's funny....other devoted supporter of democracy on this site told me: "if you dont vote I dont want you in my country".....

voodl said:
I agree with you FatherMerrin...... but....do we have climate of fear right now? do we have collapse of economy? Give them a reason and majority will steal your freedom in a split second....

I agree. Terrorism & Global Warming have definitely been used by politicians to create a climate of fear to errode the rights, freedoms & wallets of ordinary people to foward their own ends. And the hubris of the markets & politicians did lead to the collaspe of the global financial system that has now weakend western democracy. And I do believe that 99.9% of democratically elected politicians are in it for themselves.

But, hey it could be worse at least we're not Thomas Midgley Jr. :smile:

voodl said:
You know....that's funny....other devoted supporter of democracy on this site told me: "if you dont vote I dont want you in my country".....

Yep, you've got to love that Freedom of Speech. :lol:

Im not against Freedom of Speech....unless someone is not content only with talking. There are countries where voting is obligatory you know.....our field of freedom is waning rapidly.

I know your not voodl. :)

I was laughing because I found it ironic that someone would say "if you dont vote I dont want you in my country" when that remark is the polar opposite of what a free & open society is supposed to be about.

I think I'm right in saying that there's compulsory voting in Australia.

FatherMerrin said:
I think I'm right in saying that there's compulsory voting in Australia.
You are correct. And if it wasn't compulsory, I wouldn't vote.

...unless they made the BBQ snags free, and then I'd never miss a vote. Yeah, you Aussies know what I'm talkin' 'bout. :D

I found it ironic that someone would say "if you dont vote I dont want you in my country" when that remark is the polar opposite of what a free & open society is supposed to be about.

Exactly..... and you are right indeed FatherMerrin.....it could be much worse considering how silly humans beings generally are. ;)

I hope that our civilization will reach k-pax level one day. No elections. No authorities.

Powell
I see. What about a societal
structure then? Government?

Prot
There is no need for one.

Powell
What about laws?

Prot
No laws. No lawyers.

Powell
Well then how does one know
what is right and wrong on K-pax?

Prot
Every being knows what's right
and wrong.

ok.ok. we get it. some people like to vote and some people are anarchists and just wait with their molotov cocktails to overthrow humanity.

anyway: back to the candidates. yes politicians are all the same (allthough that sounds a liittle bit hollow). important decisions are being made in the industry and are not influenced by politicians (although they like it if it sounds like it) BUT:

1. i like obama for his roddenberry charme. he feels a bit like the first kiss between a white male and black female on tv. :)

2. does anybody know why mccains left cheek looks like he just ate a golf ball? does this come from the same torture that made him so bitter?

some people are anarchists and just wait with their molotov cocktails to overthrow humanity

biggest lie ever....history shows that gov-lovers are more harmful for humanity.

Heinrich said:
i like obama for his roddenberry charme. he feels a bit like the first kiss between a white male and black female on tv. :)
I like the image dude. well done.

shatnerplatomos468x390ve9.jpg

Well, my vote's officially in.

Early voting. :D

They really push early voting down here in Florida because they just know we're going to screw up the election again.

I probably would have jumped on the early vote train down here too if it wasn't for the fact that I'm not registered to vote in Florida.

I got to do it the hard way. Mailing a request for an absentee ballot from New Hampshire. Probably should get on that, considering that it's two weeks until the election.

Only 9 days to go people!
But don't get too over-confident.
After all every vote counts.
Man this is exciting! It's still a very close race.OBAMA
And too close to call.OBAMA

Oh, I'm sure the best man will win. They both have their redeeming qualities.

I was just wondering: what would happen if after all the polling, McCain won?
Could the US slip into another Civil War?
or better still W calls the election null and void and stays on until the war on terror is won?!

Those ideas are studied thoroughly and with great depth and perception in Zombie Strippers (2008).

Mark my words, McCain will barely "win", Karl Rove has already done the math.

They are for sure planning something. They stole the last two elections, do you think they will just roll over for this one?

I read a news story where John McCain "guarantees" a close win on election day. Does anyone remember George W. saying that he would win in Florida, and smugly asserting that we could "take that to the bank"?

I hope I am wrong.

Not voting for either (because we need third party votes), but I can't see that McCain would be that bad. I think Obama's faults are pretty much on par with McCain's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom