• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Mass Effect 2: The Fanedit Series

Downer endings aren't always bad. But, rumor has it that if you play multiplayer you then get a happier ending.

Q2 said:
Downer endings aren't always bad. But, rumor has it that if you play multiplayer you then get a happier ending.
Trust me, that's a f***ing lie :-| there is no "happy" ending/s in ME3, just various levels full of bitter sadness and writers' cruelty towards the series fans.

Kal-El said:
Has anyone seen the Take Back Earth trailer? Sent shivers down my spine.
JasonN, if the final game is as remotely good as this, I expect a Mass Effect 3 fanedit!! :)
[video]http://www.gamespot.com/mass-effect...ematic-trailer-mass-effect-3-6350745/[/video]
I already have six episodes of Mass Effect 3: The Fanedit Series completed on my hard drive ;) But I won't start releasing them on YouTube until I finish the entire series, though (I'm also waiting to see how this entire ending/s debacle turns out and whether or not BioWare will be releasing any actual "true endings" via DLC, otherwise I'm really gonna have to work my ass off re-editing and making an entirely new ending for my fanedit....)

I saw the Take Back Earth trailer on Gamespot, where they discussed whether or not CGI Hollywood-like video game trailers should be kept, if the game can't live up to them. I hope Mass Effect 3 isn't one of those, because that trailer made me download the demo to try out :)

Kal-El said:
I saw the Take Back Earth trailer on Gamespot, where they discussed whether or not CGI Hollywood-like video game trailers should be kept, if the game can't live up to them. I hope Mass Effect 3 isn't one of those, because that trailer made me download the demo to try out :)

In my opinion the game lives up to the hype, I have not reached the end (about 17 hours in and have heard some bad things about the end) but as I say so far it is awesome!:)

I didn't mind Shepards ending (well the one I chose which I suppose is the happest ending for everyone else) I'd just like there to have been closure for anyone that isn't Thane, Legion or Mordin, I'd also have liked to have seen kelly in the game but I never found her (though youtube shows she does exist, and I did save everyone because I re-enlisted Chakwas and the two Technicians.)

If anything I think the uproar over the endings led me to believe things were going to e far worse than what was presented, I didn't let 5 minutes of bad writing ruin the experience for me. For a game with multiplayer I was glad to have a single player campaign that lasted 4x as long as a call of duty single player scenario. That said I'm still hopeful there will be a rewriting of events (like the last book is supposedly being revised and rewritten due to poor writing.) I did like the way they integrated some of the stuff from the other books into 3rd game, but the obvious plot holes should not be ignored.

^ If you want a clear and detailed list on why the fans of Mass Effect (myself included) consider the "ending/s" of ME3 to be damn bad, check out this video by Angry Joe:
"[/video]

Hey all, been a very long time since I posted in this thread (or even the site, lol), but wanted to give a quick follow-up to this project and it's sequel series:

Now that YouTube has re-enabled my account to allow uploads of videos longer than 15 minutes (and I'd like to add a healthy and hearty "F**k You" to LucasFilms for flagging my account in the first place for those trailers for my Prequel fanedits.... :p ), I'm now able to start uploading episodes of the sequel series, Mass Effect 3: The Fanedit Series. :)

I will upload the trailer and 1st episode on Monday, with a new episode coming out every week (perhaps two episodes per week, depending on how generous YT is with allowing me to upload huge video files), as well as start a new thread for the Project since it is technically a new one.

So, given that you went with male sheppard with Mass Effect 2, you'll be doing the same with ME3?

Nic Stiz said:
So, given that you went with male sheppard with Mass Effect 2, you'll be doing the same with ME3?
Correct - my Mass Effect 3 Fanedit Series is a direct sequel to my ME2 series and uses all the same characters present in the previous series.

Are you going with the original ambiguous endings or using the extended versions?

Omaru1982 said:
Are you going with the original ambiguous endings or using the extended versions?
Oh, I'm using the Extended Cut ending/s, that's not even a question. :p
(And honestly, I'd be a damn idiot not to - the original endings were so wretchedly terrible, they'd require hours of fanediting just to make something decent out of that....)

That said, I'm still fanediting the ending/s.... trying to create a "Perfect Ending" to Mass Effect 3... ;)

I just found out about this series and i must say I love what you're doing here.

Little things I would have done differently is to crop out the dialog wheel but I understand that would have taken out a fairly important portion of the frame. Also I think there are mods to turn off the HUD, at least I know there is for ME1. It would be cool after finishing ME3 you do ME1!:) I know you've said that is not as cinematic and I agree but I find it to be the most compelling story of them all and I also know of a great mod which enhances the textures considerably almost to the level of ME3.

Lastly I have a question and is if you plan on covering the little plotlines and sidemission including the DLCs?
Thank you!:)

Back
Top Bottom