• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Steel: Ideal of Hope Edition

Currently watching it, it's a real blast so far. Hope to have a review up later   :cool:

Yay!  So glad this is available now!  Congrats @"samspider3" !!!

I finished a few hours ago...it's great, a good and proper reinvention, taking the reactionary elements of Batman v Superman and using to encircle the impact of Clark on the planet in preperation for his ultimate test against Zod's invasion was an inspired choice, and I loved the mixing in of other movies....this is where the concept of fanediting truly thrives. Well done.

Zarius said:
So a forwarded the edit to a friend of mine who's active on CBR, he enjoyed it so much he wanted to bring it up in conversation to a bunch of Synder fans...and the responses weren't pretty, one described the removal of the romantic element as "uncool" and "obtuse"

http://community.comicbookresources...erman-in-JL-movie-(contains-SPOILERS)/page224

I gotta say they misinterpreted the whole point of cutting Lois and Clark's romance. I did it because in the context of the story, the script didn't make time to develop their feelings for each other. They really made a good job showing Lois was a loyal ally and friend tho, and that works better. 

It wasn't because some "too young for her age, it looks like a father-daughter" issue. That's crazy xD.

Just watched, I dug it.

I wasn't sure on some of the initial cuts in the beginning, they felt a little abrupt in tone, and the use of the BvS bombing storyline may have felt odd, (I wish there was more than an empty chair of Lex, but the intent was clear.)

But having the world react to Superman first, giving him some time, give the Zod arc time and Clark's growth more understandable, genius. I watched the end more hopeful of THIS Superman. And that's what this fan edit thing is supposed to be about right?

That other thread with objections seems to be only from the cut list, but with actual viewing, the overall Clark arc has benefited dramatically. 

Well done, this is a keeper for sure.

samspider3 said:
I gotta say they misinterpreted the whole point of cutting Lois and Clark's romance. I did it because in the context of the story, the script didn't make time to develop their feelings for each other. They really made a good job showing Lois was a loyal ally and friend tho, and that works better. 

It wasn't because some "too young for her age, it looks like a father-daughter" issue. That's crazy xD.

What do you think of this reply below?... other than his annoying fanboy attidute of course  :dodgy:

I didn’t misinterpret anything. Removing the romance is insensitive and obtuse and he was wrong and tone deaf to do it whether it was accidental or not. He also doesn’t seem to understand why it’s vital for this narrative and how empty the narrative is without it.  

Man of Steel is rooted in the idea that Lois tracked Clark across the world and learned about all of his good deeds by interviewing all the people he helped and saved. Clark spends most of his life wandering alone and afraid to come forward. Lois takes a chance on him and believes in him in a way no one has ever done before. She risks her own freedom to protect him bc she’s so impressed by how much he helps others. Their relationship is rooted in mutual trust and respect and it culminates in an intense romantic and sexual connection that frankly is one of the better examples of why Lois and Superman can’t stand to be apart. She’s the first person to ever both literally and figuratively reach out her hand to him. He can’t help but feel that attraction to her anymore than she can to him. It’s a new feeling but it’s an exhilarating one for both of them. The relationship progresses a great deal in the time between MOS and BvS to the point that they are sort of a team against the world—a world that is cruel and cold. Lois remains Clark’s greatest protector and ally and the idea that being this kind of ally isn’t romantic is idiocy.  

BvS is deeply flawed but one of the beautiful tragedies of the film is that Lois and Clark fight the entire movie to find truth and to do the right thing and they try and they try and they lean on each other and then he dies anyway. And it’s beautiful and sad and tragic because all he wanted to do was keep her safe and all she wanted to do was clear his name and the world just won’t let them be. So she is forced to hold his body and bury him knowing how hard he tried and how unjust it all feels. And she can’t tell anyone what she knows. The film is deeply flawed but this is tragically beautiful.

I’m not interested in any fan cut of these films that doesn’t understand that and how this was developed. He has missed the point of one of the better things in these films. Sorry but nope. He can keep his fan cut. I’ll keep the narrative we got because with all it’s many flaws it’s 10x better than a story without this element.

Masirimso17 said:
samspider3 said:

What do you think of this reply below?... other than his annoying fanboy attidute of course  :dodgy:

I didn’t misinterpret anything. Removing the romance is insensitive and obtuse and he was wrong and tone deaf to do it whether it was accidental or not. He also doesn’t seem to understand why it’s vital for this narrative and how empty the narrative is without it.  

Man of Steel is rooted in the idea that Lois tracked Clark across the world and learned about all of his good deeds by interviewing all the people he helped and saved. Clark spends most of his life wandering alone and afraid to come forward. Lois takes a chance on him and believes in him in a way no one has ever done before. She risks her own freedom to protect him bc she’s so impressed by how much he helps others. Their relationship is rooted in mutual trust and respect and it culminates in an intense romantic and sexual connection that frankly is one of the better examples of why Lois and Superman can’t stand to be apart. She’s the first person to ever both literally and figuratively reach out her hand to him. He can’t help but feel that attraction to her anymore than she can to him. It’s a new feeling but it’s an exhilarating one for both of them. The relationship progresses a great deal in the time between MOS and BvS to the point that they are sort of a team against the world—a world that is cruel and cold. Lois remains Clark’s greatest protector and ally and the idea that being this kind of ally isn’t romantic is idiocy.  

BvS is deeply flawed but one of the beautiful tragedies of the film is that Lois and Clark fight the entire movie to find truth and to do the right thing and they try and they try and they lean on each other and then he dies anyway. And it’s beautiful and sad and tragic because all he wanted to do was keep her safe and all she wanted to do was clear his name and the world just won’t let them be. So she is forced to hold his body and bury him knowing how hard he tried and how unjust it all feels. And she can’t tell anyone what she knows. The film is deeply flawed but this is tragically beautiful.

I’m not interested in any fan cut of these films that doesn’t understand that and how this was developed. He has missed the point of one of the better things in these films. Sorry but nope. He can keep his fan cut. I’ll keep the narrative we got because with all it’s many flaws it’s 10x better than a story without this element.
I believe he's the one who is obtuse :/.  I really understand all the relationship Lois and Clark go through in the movie. It's actually strong because all the elements he said are present in my version. But it felt more like a strong friendship rather than them having feelings for each other. That's why I felt the kiss so forced at the end, and that's the only thing that was cut about their relationship. 

But anyways, don't share my opinion on that forum anymore, please. People who close themselves to different opinions are not worth it. I guess we can't please everybody.

samspider3 said:
I believe he's the one who is obtuse :/.  I really understand all the relationship Lois and Clark go through in the movie. It's actually strong because all the elements he said are present in my version. But it felt more like a strong friendship rather than them having feelings for each other. That's why I felt the kiss so forced at the end, and that's the only thing that was cut about their relationship. 

But anyways, don't share my opinion on that forum anymore, please. People who close themselves to different opinions are not worth it. I guess we can't please everybody.

Yeah man of course, for sure.

BTW, what might happened to my listing? I submitted, it was published, I made a little modification and hasn't been approved yet  :/

I think they do listings and mods on ifdb on a Sunday once a week.

Really great edit overall! I am waiting to give a full detailed review on ifdb for when it's listed.

I was curious what the purpose of Luthor's men are in the africa sequence? I feel like it's confusing as a viewer when they start killing people and it might just be easier to remove those elements.

darthrush said:
Really great edit overall! I am waiting to give a full detailed review on ifdb for when it's listed.

I was curious what the purpose of Luthor's men are in the africa sequence? I feel like it's confusing as a viewer when they start killing people and it might just be easier to remove those elements.

Thank you very much.  It's good to know my efforts resulted in a positive reception :D

I don't think it's confusing at all.  You can just assume these men who were working with the terrorist, just betrayed him and that's all. In subjects like this, betrayals happen all the time.  This is something I could not cut out, as it would explain why the terrorist was so aggressive to Lois when he gets alone with her.  Also, it's one of the point I'd like to explore further if I get to make a sequel of An Ideal of Hope, which I would really like but it would be complicated.

@"samspider3" , just wanted to let you know my current Civil War fanedit presently in the works was inspired a great deal by your fanmixing efforts here. :)

samspider3 said:
BTW, what might happened to my listing? I submitted, it was published, I made a little modification and hasn't been approved yet  :/

Sinbad said:

I don't just check it on a Sunday but not every day either. If you make a change to your ifdb listing, it won't reappear until a mod approves the change. Send me a PM next time if I've missed it. It's back up now :) . Thanks.

TM2YC said:
samspider3 said:

Sinbad said:

I don't just check it on a Sunday but not every day either. If you make a change to your ifdb listing, it won't reappear until a mod approves the change. Send me a PM next time if I've missed it. It's back up now :) . Thanks.
No, thank YOU, TM2YC. I was beginning to worry about it, but now I can calmly breathe haha.

Just left a review for you @"samspider3"  :)

Back
Top Bottom