• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Man of Steel (2013)

Hymie said:
I meant a Supes fanboy, not Dylan Dog. I think Routh's problem will be no one will remember him period, let alone as Superman. I wish him the best, but he seems very stiff as an actor and isn't making very good career choices. He was funny in Scott Pilgrim though.

Just me then. I will always remember him as superman and that I was a shame he didn't get another shot at it in a sequel :)

Hymie said:
I meant a Supes fanboy, not Dylan Dog. I think Routh's problem will be no one will remember him period, let alone as Superman. I wish him the best, but he seems very stiff as an actor and isn't making very good career choices. He was funny in Scott Pilgrim though.

Ok, Hymie, you got me there :D

man-of-steel-570x210.jpg

if thats what supes will have on his suit...uggg. me no likey.

No, the detail in the middle of the S isn't featured on his chest emblem. Check my previous posts here for pics.

From the Trek BBS site forum....:)

A rough description of the teaser from the live Comic-con coverage of comingsoon.net

"This looks VERY different from Superman films of the past

None of the trademark Snyder shots in the trailer. No slo-mo or shuttery frames

We see flashes of Smallville. The farm house. Clark running in a red cape as a child.

An older, bearded Clark walks a snowy road in an arctic town.

We hear Russell Crowe's voice talking about children being inspired to greater things

It sounds like it's cut with Kevin Costner's voice. Both fathers are giving Clark/Kal advice on how to become who he wants to be

We see Clark being brought to the Kent barn and shown the spaceship that has been hidden there

Clark holds a small piece of metal with the S logo on the end

We're jumping back and forth through time periods

Clark, as a teen, saved a bus of kids

The bus crashed in the water and we see him swimming, pulling the door off.

"People are afraid of what they don't understand," says Costner

We see Clark talking to Jor-El. They're standing right in front of one another, but I think it's a holographic projection (though it looks live)

We see Superman in the suit. First from a distance and then walking across a snowy plain

There are flashing of Superman flying and one of him catching someone falling off a building

A single flash of Amy Adams' Lois Lane

One flash has Superman (in costume) -- seemingly in handcuffs -- being led down a hallway by a security force

We see Clark (without seeing his face) stepping into an elevator and begin to lift glasses to his face

There's a flash of Clark, shirtless, with his whole body on fire

Another of him crashing into the bank vault we saw in the first still. It looks like he's been thrown."

There's a major discussion in the narration about the world turning against Superman because they don't trust him if he ever appears

We also hear a woman's voice saying "My son saw what Clark did on that bus."

Apparently someone witnessed young Clark as a child saving the bus with his powers

There's a flash of Zod, but literally so fast you just see his face

The whole look of it has a very dark, autumny feel to it all

Gritty isn't the right world. It looks real, but not "dark"

Wow! Warner Brothers is really protecting this trailer!

Have been casually checking Youtube hourly, so far 5 leaked versions of the trailer have been posted and they were all yanked in less than a couple of minutes!

May have to wait til Friday when Dark Knight Rises opens and see it the old fashioned way... LOL!:lol:

New links with a trailer description, and a (so far) still online leaked version of the trailer, although low quality in video, the audio is pretty good.
The official trailer will possibly surface later this week, and will be attached to TDKR prints in theaters.
From what I've read, Man of Steel is more Nolan than Snyder. Just to keep all the haters quiet. There you have it.

The trailer I've posted in the second link is also (so far) still available online, on a certain popular 'fire sharing thingy'. Work some Google magic, and watch it full screen so you get better results.

NEW TEASER POSTER:

man-of-steel-large-570x843.jpg

I couldn't really get into Superman Returns, but I do have high hopes for this. Mind you.....Zak Snyder........'nuff said.

From this first look, it looks promising... hope it turns out great

JetSetWilly said:
I couldn't really get into Superman Returns, but I do have high hopes for this. Mind you.....Zak Snyder........'nuff said.
Exactly the opposite. Read the review I've posted. The trailer -and very possibly entire film- looks and feels more Nolan than it does Snyder. I'm sure it will blow every other contender that year straight out of the water ;)

Kal-El said:

I look forward to the eventual fanedit that recolors every Nolan-inspired shot in this movie. The less of this realistic look in a Superman movie, the better.

Nic Stiz said:
I look forward to the eventual fanedit that recolors every Nolan-inspired shot in this movie. The less of this realistic look in a Superman movie, the better.
Lets wait for an actual watchable HD trailer first before we judge the coloring. You cant really tell from only a fancy poster and a very veeery shitty cam recording. And the coloring can always change. Just check the first trailer ever released of the amazing spiderman vs trailer no3. Huuuuuge improvement and differences in coloring and contrast

Nic Stiz said:
Geez man, what's the point? There are other Superman movies.

I am very hopeful with this movie.

The cast is exemplary.

And despite all the bashing Snyder often receives, he KNOWS and RESPECTS comic books. I think Nolan may be the perfect mentor for Snyder, reigning in his often over the top style and nurturing his character narration skills.

That said, still uncertain about the costume redesign... LOL! Will have to wait to see what it looks like on the big screen, but I really wish the Shield was not textured.

Kal-El said:
Exactly the opposite. Read the review I've posted. The trailer -and very possibly entire film- looks and feels more Nolan than it does Snyder. I'm sure it will blow every other contender that year straight out of the water ;)

Oh, I know. I'm stoked that it's Nolan-esque, as the new Batman films were excellent. You're right, though. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it. I suppose I'm just basing it on the fact that I thought both Sucker Punch and Watchmen were both shit.

I don't think we'll notice much of costume textures on Supes. You're spot on, Bob!

unless civilization collapses, we'll prolly have 1-2 cinematic reboots/decade of every major superhero franchise. brace thyselves!

JetSetWilly said:
Oh, I know. I'm stoked that it's Nolan-esque, as the new Batman films were excellent. You're right, though. I'll reserve judgment until I've seen it. I suppose I'm just basing it on the fact that I thought both Sucker Punch and Watchmen were both shit.
Sucker Punch sucked ass but i really liked Watchmen

Back
Top Bottom