• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Man of Steel (2013)

Call me crazy, but I think they have nixed the red trunks. Minus one point.

Uncanny Antman said:
Call me crazy, but I think they have nixed the red trunks. Minus one point.
Looks great without the trunks imo :)

Kal-El said:
Looks great without the trunks imo :)

QFT it looks like the boy scout finally decided to keep his underwear where it belongs :p

And since Kal-El (or is it Marek, its confusing hehehe) upped the ante in terms of pics heres Supes new look in the comics:

1307738780.jpg

Perhaps unrelated to the thread, but hey no trunks either! a marked improvement IMO.

I am not happy with the texture on the suit ... wish it was there, but diminished and the S looks weird to me.

revel911 said:
I am not happy with the texture on the suit ... wish it was there, but diminished and the S looks weird to me.
Kinda have to agree. Don't get me wrong because it doesn't look bad, but the texturing to me is way off. Sort of reminds of the Spiderman suit with all the unusual pitting throughout and the same color scheme to boot. :x

musiced921 said:
This link has a version of Henry Cavill's suit with the colors a little more like the original suits. I like the photoshopped image a little more.

http://www.movies.com/movie-news/man-steel-movie-images/3924

The photoshopped image does have a better color palette. ;-)

I think the actor looks the part (more "man" than super"teen" is good). I also saw couple of pictures of him where he looks more like a cool guy à la Chris Reeve (see below) . And this is my main concern about this picture of him in the suit: he looks a bit too "bad guy" for a Superman on this picture.

Cavill1.jpg

Cavill2.jpg

The Clark Kent pics are awesome. I do believe the original image itself is a bit shopped.
I don't think the suit will be that dark throughout the film.
Besides, (probably) underground vault, all lights busted, ...
It's probably not as 'bad' as it looks.
Not to mention the Reeve films were very bright throughout.
Making everything a tad darker wouldn't hurt.

It's also funny to see they apparently swapped the hair curl onto Clark, instead of Supes :)
TMBTM: Don't forget that Superman never gives up. Remember Doomsday's first appearance?
He never went to those lenghts before, but he knew he had to.
Very dark story. So is "Superman: Ending Battle". And those rank among his best!

Well, maybe those pictures are not really "Kent", but just behind the scenes. He does not have glasses. And it can't be the young "Smalville Kent" , I guess (maybe i'm wrong here)
And I don't know the comic books I must say. I'm only judging from the few things I've read when I was young and obviously the Reeve's movies.

CapedWonder posted a shopped comparison. Looking at that, I'd say the entire Cavill pic is indeed muted.
I don't think these are the final/real colours. I think they're more vibrant, like the shopped ones we posted:
228876_227990280576517_162643873777825_615549_3622788_n.jpg

I really hope, if anyone deserves to have shining colors it's supes

Damn rubbery/chain mall look of the suit! What's so wrong with good old cloth? :(

what I find pretty meh is that it looks from the fabric so similar to amazing spider-man:

watchtheamazingspiderma.jpg

Is that right now the uniformed "looks like the comic but still edgy"-retro look?

The texture in the Amazing Spider-Man suit doesn't bother me as much, mostly because it has that homemade quality, you can believe Peter Parker made it himself. Plus, the Superman one looks more rubbery to me.

Guys, guys, guys :) Just look at the sparks on the left side of Supes.
The entire picture has been drained of its colour. This was probably done intentionally to set the darker tone of the film, or something similar. And even if it isn't, that's probably the only thing we have to worry about, imho. Snyder and Nolan have this thing tight! :)

This is what you get if you open Photoshop and crank up vibrance (nothing else!)
See? I'm not worried one bit ;) Some douche probably screwed up the colours, and they'll get it right when they release it.

k7N69.jpg

Kal-El said:
Guys, guys, guys :) Just look at the sparks on the left side of Supes.
The entire picture has been drained of its colour. This was probably done intentionally to set the darker tone of the film, or something similar. And even if it isn't, that's probably the only thing we have to worry about, imho. Snyder and Nolan have this thing tight! :)

This is what you get if you open Photoshop and crank up vibrance (nothing else!)
See? I'm not worried one bit ;) Some douche probably screwed up the colours, and they'll get it right when they release it.

k7N69.jpg

I'm curious, snyder's movies are always very heavy on the filter so it wouldn't surprise me if that was the actual look of the film - but it is really just a discussion becuase there is not much more to discuss on that picture (although it made me smilde reminding me of the joke "if you make a poster don't forget SPARKS!")

Despite Sucker Punch I just hope this movie will be good, supes is after green lantern and batman my favorite hero and I think the one that deserves a great movie. People have ridiculed the original long enough it is time that snyder does to supes what abrahms did to trek

Snyder's films were never set in the reality that Superman is. I know it sounds weird, but think about it.
300 was set in Greece: always warm, lots of brownish tints, darker shadows, lots of sun, ...
Legends of Ga'Hoole... screw that.
Sucker Punch: a fantasy world of a single girl, as she herself envisioned it.

Of all his films, Man of Steel will have the most varied sets. A farm in the outskirts of Kansas, a busy, populated Metropolis, (what looks like) underground bank vaults, probably a few scenes in Space and/or Krypton, ...
Besides, unlike Sucker Punch, Snyder can't pull stuff out of his a...
He has sources to stick to. Plus, he won't be able to get away with a single filter like the other films required. He's going to have to take it cool there.

Sunarep said:
supes is after green lantern and batman my favorite hero
Dude, you need to rearrange your priorities :lol:
Sunarep said:
People have ridiculed the original long enough it is time that snyder does to supes what abrahms did to trek
Wait, what?! Names and addresses, now! No one makes fun of STM or Chris Reeve when I'm around!
That guy was the living embodiment of Superman. Cavill can look as good as he does, but Chris isn't leaving my #1 spot until I've seen the film :)

then again I hope the source material doesn't restrict too much, out of all the things people like about the current marvel universe i think it hinders unique visions. For example you probably won't be able to put nolan's batman and supes into the same universe, not just from a story pov but just from the style.
Restrictions can be good but I would love for superman also to look or feel not just like "yeah here we have another comic movie"

Nolan always said he would never bring his Superman and Batman versions together, so unless someone else is that stupid, we don't have to worry about that. Restrictions? ...mmmh, there's like a gazilljion Superman comics out there, and even then, as long as you stick to the basics, you can still play around with that. I don't think Snyder will have that problem. Besides, Goyer already set the script, and Nolan & C° tweaked it. As far as I know, that part is wrapped up nice and tight already.

Back
Top Bottom