• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Latest Book Purchases Thread

Flea market find:

s-l1600.jpg

I found a bunch of Star Trek novels I was missing at a used bookstore this weekend!

Charity store find, completing my set of 4 books:

516be9pRZjL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

I pass by this one bookstore every week on the way to the therapist, and I finally stopped by yesterday. It was pretty sweet. Right when I walked in, I saw If This Book Exists You're In The Wrong Universe, which immediately won me over. I ended up getting Clive Barker's Books Of Blood 1-3 (collected in one volume), along with a couple more Discworlds, Small Gods and Going Postal.

Picked up "Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood" by Oliver Bowden. This is the final book I needed to complete my set (as there are multiple). However my set covers the main Assassin's Creed video games, ending at "Forsaken" (which covers the events of the final Desmond Miles themed game Assassin's Creed 3). I could continue to collect the ones that released after "Forsaken", but I have no interest to read any of the ones that cover Assassin's Creed: Unity and beyond.

I've kinda been collecting random Valiant comics whenever I see them in the wild. I've been arranging them chronologically, regardless of individual series. I currently have 32 issues (I swear it feels like more) spanning from Solar Man Of The Atom No.6 to Archer & Armstrong No.24.
Brought my number of misc Valiant issues up to 56. Also got:

-Crossover (Image Comics) volumes 1&2
-Batman Dark Victory
-The Absolute Multiversity

Brought my number of misc Valiant issues up to 56.
84 now! I plan to start cataloguing all of it in a notebook so that I can refrain from buying duplicates.

I pass by this one bookstore every week on the way to the therapist, and I finally stopped by yesterday. It was pretty sweet. Right when I walked in, I saw If This Book Exists You're In The Wrong Universe, which immediately won me over. I ended up getting Clive Barker's Books Of Blood 1-3 (collected in one volume), along with a couple more Discworlds, Small Gods and Going Postal.
Went back to the bookstore yesterday. Didn't have much time to look around, but I grabbed Red Dragon and Silence Of The Lambs. The copy of Lambs is one of those books that's printed on unevenly cut paper, like, each page is a slightly different size and the edges look like they were ripped. I didn't know this was a thing, it looks like shit but I kinda like the texture. Red Dragon, they had in a normal format thank goodness.

It isn't essential to my set which I already consider complete, but since I saw it in a charity store I decided to pick it up anyway.

s-l400.jpg

Went to my favorite thrift store again the other day. I nabbed the novelization of Star Trek VI, Dante's Purgatorio, Trainspotting, and World War Z, as well as Stephanie Meyers' The Host for my mom because her previous copy went missing.

With Christmas I have some Christmas spending money for myself, so I've gone ahead and bought these.

1534399000.0.x.jpg

61lOjbyG-yL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

51eAo+rqG0L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

2518606.jpg
51LM5YThBpL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
71MfuWG-LlL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
71FZ6QID81S._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
91Zo3Dat9RL._AC_UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg
61Utmjc2hzL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
713aGcuZd6L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
51APP-c0k4L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
Blade_Runner_2_The_Edge_of_Human_KW_Jeter_cover.jpg
817yhPlGv8L._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg
9780140063851.jpg

This one was not cheap at all, in fact it is the most expensive book I've ever purchased out of my entire collection thus far.. but since it only has 1 publication, and considering other people are selling this book at over £200, I pretty much got this for nothing from that perspective.

970897.jpg

Back
Top Bottom