• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Latest Book Purchases Thread

Atreyu

Reaction score
Trophy Points
Since I am actively trying to hunt down books that tickle my interest, I figured it'd be interesting to know what other folks have hunted down (could lead to some potential recommendations or potential books to add to my own list).

My latest book purchases are:

Batman by Craig Shaw Gardner
Treasure Planet by Kiki Thorpe
The Abyss by Orson Scott Card
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull by James Rollins
Mars Attacks! by Jonathan Gems
2001: A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
Close Encounters of the Third Kind by Steven Spielberg
A Spell for Chameleon by Piers Anthony

I recently acquired:

A Choice of Gods by Clifford D. Simak (just finished re-reading)
The City and the City by China Miéville (currently reading)

Yay books! These are my 2023 purchases so far. I haven’t read all these yet but I’ve also read others that I've owned for a while.

Edit: D’oh. I just realized I originally posted the photo upside down. So I re-uploaded and thought this orientation was even better.

IMG-4879.jpg

Last edited:
Very nice. Carl Sagan's Contact is on my list of books I need to get.

Most recently I bought Making Money by Terry Pratchett, along with two different Neil Gaiman short story collections (I forget which ones off the top of my head) at a Good Will this weekend.

Very nice. Carl Sagan's Contact is on my list of books I need to get.
It’s worth it. I had put it off because I had seen the movie. But it’s still so good even if you’re familiar with the plot.

Just went to the local charity store and picked up:

Star Wars From the Adventures of Luke Skywalker by George Lucas
Metropolis by Osamu Tezuka (I researched this one as it's from Dark Horse Comics, turns out it's worth a LOT more than what I paid so jackpot!).

Went to the flea market on Sunday and was able to obtain:

Pokemon The First Movie: Mewtwo Strikes Back by Tracey West
Pokemon Super Deluxe Essential handbook by Scholastic

I did come across the novelization for Superman III by William Kotzwinkle but to be honest I just don't care for the movie so the book doesn't interest me either so I passed on that.

Charity store finds:

Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them by J.K. Rowling
Fantastic Beasts the Crimes of Grindelwald by J.K. Rowling
Dracula by Bram Stoker

Flea market finds:

Spider-Man 3 by Peter David
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed by Sean Williams

Thrift store find:

Alien 3 by Alan Dean Foster

Found a new charity book shop and got:

Explorers by George Gipe
Indiana Jones Raiders of the Lost Ark by Campbell Black

And another charity store find:

Blackadder: The Whole Damn Dynasty by Richard Curtis

Managed to find 2010: Odyssey Two by Arthur C. Clarke on a market stall. After reading and loving the book 2001: A Space Odyssey, I'm very much looking forward to this read.

Vacation book store purchases:

D.A.R.Y.L. by N. H. Kleinbaum
Firefox by Craig Thomas
Prince of Persia The Sands of Time by James Ponti

Flea market find:

Quidditch: Through the Ages by J.K. Rowling

Charity shop finds:

Die Another Day by Ian Fleming
2061: Odyssey Three by Arthur C. Clarke

I've kinda been collecting random Valiant comics whenever I see them in the wild. I've been arranging them chronologically, regardless of individual series. I currently have 32 issues (I swear it feels like more) spanning from Solar Man Of The Atom No.6 to Archer & Armstrong No.24. One of these days I'll actually read them. I also have all of Deathmate, which I keep separate and in a specific order. I've also been picking up some X-Factor and X-Force here and there.

Just picked this up from a charity store:

61JVczkJVnL._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Providing an image so it saves me writing out potentially 14 authors' names.

Back
Top Bottom