• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

LA LA LAND - NO DANCING EDITION TRAILER ADDED A Last impressions edit COMPLETED

Last Impressions said:
Found it  :)

Screen-Shot-2016-12-12-at-3.37.44-PM.png

Summer is in your edit at 36:24 (I thought I had seen it)

Sinbad said:
Last Impressions said:

Thanks Sinbad

I thought it was - it is in the driving up the one way street scene just before the date sequence but as i hadn't watched the edit in a while i started to doubt myself when Cuddly Ninja didn't notice it. I still think i'll need to add a winter title card at the beginning of the film when Sebastian is honking his horn . I will try to obscure Mia's face with the font, so Sebastian is just honking at a random driver. I think keeping in the honk makes sense as Seb does tend to do this a lot throughout the film.

Last Impressions said:
Sinbad said:
Last Impressions said:

Thanks Sinbad

I thought it was - it is in the driving up the one way street scene just before the date sequence but as i hadn't watched the edit in a while i started to doubt myself when Cuddly Ninja didn't notice it. I still think i'll need to add a winter title card at the beginning of the film when Sebastian is honking his horn . I will try to obscure Mia's face with the font, so Sebastian is just honking at a random driver. I think keeping in the honk makes sense as Seb does tend to do this a lot throughout the film.

I agree and that's a great idea. The Summer card might have been in there and I didn't notice it so if it is just disregard.

thecuddlyninja said:
Last Impressions said:
Sinbad said:
Last Impressions said:

Thanks Sinbad

I agree and that's a great idea. The Summer card might have been in there and I didn't notice it so if it is just disregard.

Pleas check out he new opening sequence. I have decided to call the edit "No Dancing Edition" although Mia does do a little shuffle in the club watching Sebastian play , however, the scene was drastically edited.

I have added a Winter title card to obscure Mia's face during the honking scene. I dont know if it works because we know its Mia...a true test will be for someone who has'nt watched the film.

Anyway please let me know your thoughts.

password : Fanedit.org

What about the same title but without the pun? = L.A. Land

La La Dance Banned
Could just use your no dancing sign for the 'dance banned' bit

Last Impressions said:
thecuddlyninja said:
Last Impressions said:
Sinbad said:
Last Impressions said:

Thanks Sinbad

Pleas check out he new opening sequence. I have decided to call the edit "No Dancing Edition" although Mia does do a little shuffle in the club watching Sebastian play , however, the scene was drastically edited.

I have added a Winter title card to obscure Mia's face during the honking scene. I dont know if it works because we know its Mia...a true test will be for someone who has'nt watched the film.

password : Fanedit.org

The next person to quote the image again gets banned. ;)

thecuddlyninja said:
In all seriousness, I think a descriptive title is good but I'm not terribly creative. I'm the guy who made an edit removing family from iD4 and called it"No Family Edition" so keep that in mind!
Independence Dad? :D

Last Impressions said:

It's a good idea, and would work on it's own. But the problem is the rest of the season cards are large and center frame, so having one be different wouldn't work. Plus you can totally tell it's her. It's okay to leave that part in (it was in the suggestions but not issues category), I just wouldn't. I understand the horn tie in except that the way he's doing it there is extremely different from the rest of the times. And it makes for a bunch of chance meetings. Just my suggestion, it doesn't have to go.

I also suggest that for the edit title, you leave the "La La Land" card up when the edit title comes up. Since one is at the top of the frame and the other the bottom, it's a bit awkward that they're not there at the same time. I would do "La La Land" by itself and then "No Dancing Edition" added to it in the next shot.

Just a suggestion, I would reverse "Emma Stone" and "Ryan Gosling" in the opening credits. First, I think Mia has the much more interesting arc but most importantly then we would get her name as we see her walk and his name right when we start hearing the music he's playing. Just a thought to consider.

thecuddlyninja said:
Last Impressions said:

It's a good idea, and would work on it's own. But the problem is the rest of the season cards are large and center frame, so having one be different wouldn't work. Plus you can totally tell it's her. It's okay to leave that part in (it was in the suggestions but not issues category), I just wouldn't. I understand the horn tie in except that the way he's doing it there is extremely different from the rest of the times. And it makes for a bunch of chance meetings. Just my suggestion, it doesn't have to go.

I also suggest that for the edit title, you leave the "La La Land" card up when the edit title comes up. Since one is at the top of the frame and the other the bottom, it's a bit awkward that they're not there at the same time. I would do "La La Land" by itself and then "No Dancing Edition" added to it in the next shot.

Just a suggestion, I would reverse "Emma Stone" and "Ryan Gosling" in the opening credits. First, I think Mia has the much more interesting arc but most importantly then we would get her name as we see her walk and his name right when we start hearing the music he's playing. Just a thought to consider.
Thanks Your ideas are food for thought, however, as a style choice the "No Dancing Edition" title card was placed in the next walking scene because I liked the way the car drives under the La La Land title. I'll play with reducing the size of La La Land title and placing in the No Dancing Edition directly underneath.
I also wanted to get the main actors names on screen as soon as possible before Mia enters the bar as I didn't want any eye distractions  as it is a fantastic scene. I'll keep playing with the opening and i'll see what I come up with. Thanks for your input, you have been a great help.

I'm pleased to announce that this edit is approved. Nice work, Last Impressions. May you rid the entire world of all dancing, at least until Kevin Bacon comes along.

38615788200_2458b2d166.jpg

I think the opening works much better without the car scene, and the full John Legend song is back in. I like it but also really appreciate Gosling's acting during the solo. Personally, I think the "No Dancing Edition" coming from the right matching the car is a neat idea but feels a little Power Point-y to me, but to each their own. Cheers!

Well done La La Last Impressions!

Thanks Lads... I'm truly privileged to be part of the gang . From not knowing how to edit a couple of years ago to being approved now is a wonderful feeling. It's a labour of love which helps...i am currently on holiday until next Wednesday and will hopefully get the information on IFDB the week after . Thank you for your help I couldn't have done it without your input... I suppose I better get editing my wedding video.. My wife has only been asking me for the last five years :)

Last Impressions said:
I suppose I better get editing my wedding video.. My wife has only been asking me for the last five years :)

dude, are you going to remove the dancing?

%E1%9E%9F%E1%9F%92%E1%9E%9C%E1%9E%B6.jpg

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]I have added a trailer for anyone who is interested. The edit will be released in the next couple of weeks.[/font]

[font=Raleway, sans-serif]Thank you[/font]

I was wondering when we was gonna get the needle rip  :D

Sinbad said:
I was wondering when we was gonna get the needle rip  :D

LOL - I ummd and ahhhd about whether to release it as i think it is more of a teaser than a trailer but due to time constraints i just went for it. Personally its ok but i'm still unsure whether people will be confused by it and if it is really getting the point of the edit across...i lack inspiration at the moment to do another as the jet lag is killing me  ;) . I was trying to find footage of Emma Stone and Ryan Gosling screaming nooooo Darth Vader style and have that stop the music after a sequence of dance montages  :)

Nice trailer, Last Impressions and congratulations on being approved :) 

I only watched La La Land recently and I actually really liked it, which I wasn't expecting as musicals aren't generally my cup of tea. 

I personally wouldn't want to remove the dancing, but I am curious to see how your alternate take would work. The opening set piece/car dance was also my least favourite part of the movie, so I have no issues with that being removed :p

This edit is now on ifdb, congratulations @"Last Impressions" on your first fanedit.

Back
Top Bottom