• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Justice League

These various projects really expand the Nolanverse. If you consider Clark Kent being recast then you could possibly string the series together:

1. Batman Begins
2. Batman: Gotham Knight
3. The Dark Knight
4. Superman: Genesis [SBX]
5. World's Finest [SBX]
6. World's Finest [Alist]
7. Green Arrow [Alist]
8. Aquaman [Alist]
9. Green Lantern [Alist]
10. Justice League [Alist]
11. World's Collide
12. Superman Doomsday [kashchei2003]

A lot bigger world than what WB are giving us.

I'd love to see a full-length film using Christopher Reeve, Michael Keaton & Lynda Carter. Most DC TV shows use the JL -- Smallville, Brave and the Bold, the Batman - even the new Arrow producers have asked viewers to look out for DCU characters. the 80s versions of the characters are arguably the most known to the people here.

Even Adam West did Legends of the Super Heroes!

To complete the set you could even do something with those 40s serials?! :shock:

So, am I the only one worried of the rumors of Joseph Gordon-Levitt playing Batman in the Justice League movie? I'm probably paranoid, but given how Man of Steel is being produced by Christopher Nolan, I can't help but feel like WB is gonna try and tie the Dark Knight Trilogy with this new DC Movieverse.

THIS IS A TERRIBLE IDEA!

Why? Because Nolan specifically made the Dark Knight trilogy to take place in a world of pseudo-realism, which is why Nolan picked the villains that could be done plasibly (Ra's, Joker, Two-Face, Bane, Catwoman, Thalia) and strayed away from the more fantastical ones (Mr. Freeze, Killer Croc, Poison Ivy, etc.). Also, it'll be bad if JGL is playing John Blake as Batman and not Bruce Wayne as Batman. First off, when people want to see a Justice League/Batman movie, they want to see the G**damn Batman, not his "kid." Bruce Wayne has been a cultural icon for over 70 years, while John Blake isn't even a year old. Also, the great thing about the dynamic between Clark Kent and Bruce Wayne is that they literally represent two differing ideals, whereas John Blake is too close to Clark Kent for their to be much disparity between the two.

Again, might be paranoid, but I can't help but feel that WB is gonna kill it's Justice League franchise before it gets started, especially given their track record:

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/vi...-nash-justice-league-of-america-1997-a-review

http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/teamt/nash/specials/33934-wonder-woman-2011

(Also, pretty sure there are some haters of Smallville, Arrow, and the upcoming Wonder Woman-Smallville show called "Amazon" that'll be released. Having never seen these shows, I can't make much of a comment.)

I thought they debunked this. Personally I would love to see a technoir Batman Beyond with Blake in a futuristic neon Gotham. 1 part Tokyo, 1 part Tron, 2 parts blade runner. Make it a little scifi heavy on the technology, and make it a noir detective story.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing JGL return as John Blake/Batman. Mostly cause I'm just tired of seeing Bruce Wayne as Batman. Even if it's a Batman Beyond type film, that's cool. I just wouldn't mind a break from Bruce Wayne/Batman lil bit.

Yeah, turns out they did debunk the JGL rumor (at the moment), but then replaced it with the rumor that Darkseid will be the villain of Justice League. It's not a bad idea, but it just seems like WB is trying to be Avengers by having a godlike being be the villain, plus trying to placate the "Superman's too strong" BS. Honestly, it'd be more interesting to make Luthor the villain, 'cause then Justice League would be the opposite of Avengers it's suppose to be. The way it seems is that almost everyone on the Justice League is as powerful as Thor, and almost everyone on the Avengers is as powerful as Batman, so really, you can't and shouldn't completely approach Justice League like you're making Avengers. As such, Lex Luthor makes the more interesting villain because he is a human who is willing and able to take down GODS.

I didn't mind the notion of John Blake as Batman as much as other people, but now that we're finally going to see these characters together on the big screen for the first time ever, I want it to be Bruce Wayne under the cape and cowl.

Of course, I think Warner's is going about this all the wrong way, anyway. They're releasing Justice League in 2015 just to compete with Avengers 2. But Avengers was so great because Marvel took years to build up to it, with a movie for each character. This feels like it's going to be a slapdash affair.

Because of how the Dark Knight trilogy ended, Batman really needs his own reboot movie before Justice League. We also need a Wonder Woman movie (hey, Warner's, how about dusting off that Joss Whedon script, now that you realize that he knew what he was doing in the first place?) and a Flash movie. I wouldn't mind an Aquaman or Martian Manhunter movie, too, but they may not have strong enough reputations in the larger movie market for standalones. They might have to be the Black Widow and Hawkeye of that movie.

Basically, it should be 2017 or 2018 before the Justice League movie comes out. But since that's not gonna happen, it matters less to me who Batman is, since he won't be set up right. (But it still should probably be Bruce Wayne.)

As for the villains, I would like Superman to be able to hit someone for a change, but then again, Lex Luthor is just so iconic. I just hope the filmmakers actually make him scary for once. He's really been pretty pathetic in all of the movies I've seen. I think there would also need to be another villain to up the ante, such as the Riddler. Or at least give the heroes an army (alien or otherwise) to face off against, so it makes sense to have so many heroes in one movie.

I know DC digressed but to me, Bruce Wayne IS Batman. End of. Not some guy called John Blake.

It turns out SouperboyX has decided to start a full length JL movie, not just a trailer. This means Smallville Clark with other characters. Good news - specially as he's done SUPERMAN GENESIS and WORLD'S FINEST. This is great as Smallville is possibly my favourite live action DCVerse, though my favourite Batman is only in the comics.

Also another group is starting their own JL, using similar sources:

So with AList that's THREE feature length Justice League edits coming to the web! WB or no WB! :D

The great thing about the Justice League, though, is that Superman and Batman are really well known, and that Wonder Woman, while probably not as iconic in the mainstream, wouldn't take much to introduce to the audience, and the same goes for the rest of the League. And you don't really need to watch all of the pre-Avengers movies to enjoy Avengers itself since the movie re-introduces who everyone is, so I think for a Justice League movie to deliver everything in one go would work fine if the writing and directing is good.

Point taken, Nic. A friend of mine liked The Avengers even though she had only seen Iron Man 1. (Of course, I was there to explain a couple of things ahead of time!)

Thought this was a fun and clever idea....

Not sure if it's the same editor as the original post, but this site has an feature length fanedit cobbled together from a lot of movies:

http://www.thejlamovie.com/home.html

In general the compositing techniques are pretty good, although there are some lighting issues which would make it a little less obvious when he's inserting characters into other scenes.

Wow, that's a hell of a lot of different sources.

i'll give it a watch. lot of different sources. but could be lot of fun to watch.

Neglify said:
Wow, that's a hell of a lot of different sources.

Yeah, when I said "cobbled", I was being a little generous even. There are clear inclusions of scenes from The Avengers and Transformers that are out of place, to put it mildly. It's still an impressive effort, despite the flaws.

I have watched parts of this, hoping to commit my full attention to it later, but my first impressions are an amazing effort. I could not even begin to guess the amount of hours, weeks, months that went into this project. The editor clearly has a deep passion for the material. But at the same time, it is a mega-mash-up, which are my least favorite style of fan edits. It becomes very difficult after a while to keep one's disbelief suspended when scenes from obviously completely different movies are stitched together or actors appearances change dramatically within a scene. That said, I truly admire the work and core story despite the inherant flaws of this type of edit.

I had the same thoughts. On the one hand, nothing's wrong with the idea the editor is going for, but there just seems to be too many different sources and some amateurish editing tricks, at least compared to the stuff that this site approves. Also, there's the approach that the editor takes. He says he was inspired by the way Marvel has been building up Avengers with multiple movies. That's all well and good, but as I've mentioned before, The Avengers was nice enough to reintroduce the entire Marvel world and it's characters, so that a newbie could easily pick up on things. But not only does this edit EXPECT you to either have watched the previous edits or have a working understanding of the DC Universe, but it acts like all of the main characters know each other, know about each other. For example, there's one frame where supposedly Bruce Wayne and Hal Jordan are standing together, but the edit doesn't never makes it apparent that they've met each other like the footage does for Flash and Green Arrow. I don't want this to seem like I'm picking a guy for being ambition, but sometimes ambition exceeds reach.

A fan-made WW trailer - technically polished, yet generically "gritty" and pretty well devoid of wit:

... Yeeeeaaahhh. Doesn't exactly make my inner studio exec start writing a $100m check... :cool:

BEgpD4HCUAAfroY.png:large

That's a funny poster, but I must admit I'm very tired of the endless Nolan bashing.

Back
Top Bottom