• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

James Cameron's Avatar & The Way of Water (SPOILERS!)

It's not like he's done this before. :Cough: The Terminator :Cough:

:D

Avatar VFX Comparison - Teaser vs Theatrical Trailer

wait, I mentioned CALL ME JOE on August 20 and nobody said "beep" (third post in this thread) and now this topless robot guy waltzes in
on october 28 with his "news" and all you guys are like "wow! didnt know that!"
Hello... is this thing on?... :lol:

It's because you mentioned it casually. People only pay attention if you proclaim something as an OUTRAGE!! ;)

Uncanny Antman said:
It's because you mentioned it casually. People only pay attention if you proclaim something as an OUTRAGE!! ;)
ah so desu ka.

I don't care that much if the idea was "stolen" or not as long as the movie is good.
You know Cameron is not known to bring really new stories to the screen.
piranhas 2 ( a sequel)
Titanic (based on a true story. No kidding)
Aliens (a sequel)
True Lies (a remake)
Terminator 2 (a sequel... to his own first movie, okay.)

Abyss and The Terminator looks like the only real original ideas coming from the man himself, if I'm right.
But they are all great movies (I did not see piranhas 2 though), so in the end it does not matter to me much.

The new 3 minutes trailer is killer.

TMBTM said:
Abyss and The Terminator looks like the only real original ideas coming from the man himself, if I'm right.
I guess you've never heard of CYBORG 2087 which was made in 1966? I have and the similarities to THE TERMINATOR are striking albeit low budget.
i also don't care but still it would have been alright for JC to buy the film rights to CALL ME JOE since its a short story by an almost forgotten Science fiction writer.
In the overall budget for AVATAR the cost for the rights would have been the equivalent of donuts for the crew.

killbillme said:
In the overall budget for AVATAR the cost for the rights would have been the equivalent of donuts for the crew.
How true! You got a point.

guess you've never heard of CYBORG 2087 which was made in 1966? I have and the similarities to THE TERMINATOR are striking albeit low budget.
I heard there were "questions" about The Terminator, indeed. That why I wrote "if I'm right". I did not know about CYBORG 2087 though. Thanks. :)

JC always said that he made The Terminator out of a dream he had... so I guess I can give him the "bénéfice du doute" as we say in french (don't ask me to translate it, I can't!)

Not to mention Ellison's lawsuit for The Terminator. He sued for similarities to two separate Outer Limits episodes he wrote. It was settled for an undisclosed amount, and now his name is in all subsequent prints.

Which reminds me, I've always meant to ask...T-Hope, you have heaps of different copies on DVD, have any of them somehow escaped the Ellison credit? I have about four or five versions, but they're all the altered print. Just curious. :)

Uncanny Antman said:
Not to mention Ellison's lawsuit for The Terminator. He sued for similarities to two separate Outer Limits episodes he wrote. It was settled for an undisclosed amount, and now his name is in all subsequent prints.

Which reminds me, I've always meant to ask...T-Hope, you have heaps of different copies on DVD, have any of them somehow escaped the Ellison credit? I have about four or five versions, but they're all the altered print. Just curious. :)
Most of what I have are the new versions. However I have an older region 1 version. Will have to check that one out. I think I have a version on tape which doesn't have the added credits (but that version has burned in Dutch subtitles).

Will have to check it out!

T-HOPE said:
However I have an older region 1 version. Will have to check that one out.
If it's the Image release, already checked. :)

...Hmmm, I still have the laserdisc in storage. I had forgotten about it. Might have to grab it at some stage to check.

Oops, sorry folks...Avatar!

TMBTM said:
so I guess I can give him the "bénéfice du doute" as we say in french (don't ask me to translate it, I can't!)

benefit of the doubt?

nOmArch said:
TMBTM said:
so I guess I can give him the "bénéfice du doute" as we say in french (don't ask me to translate it, I can't!)

benefit of the doubt?

Lol, yes, should be that! Sorry I was lazy to search google. :grin:

nOmArch said:
TMBTM said:

benefit of the doubt?
he said don't ask him! :lol:
(although I do have to admit it looks a lot like the italian "beneficciono dela doubtino" the latin "benefisum pluribus doubtunimus"
de japanese "domo benefito hai doubtino san". :p

killbillme said:
(although I do have to admit it looks a lot like the italian "beneficciono dela doubtino" the latin "benefisum pluribus doubtunimus" de japanese "domo benefito hai doubtino san". :p

Jorge, are you a polyglot, or are your google-fu skills just very advanced? :smile:

What, no swahili?!?

i am very disappointed!

nOmArch said:
What, no swahili?!?

i am very disappointed!
Ha! You actually got me thinkin on how to do it but... nah! that thing wasn't even funny once. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom