• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

James Bond 007 - Never Say Never Again - 40th Anniversary EON Cut

Only just come across this edit, so I'm sorry I'm late to the party.... As a huge fan of Bond I'm often intrigued when a new 007 fanedit is announced. Especially as I haven't tackled one since last year. Must say this looks very promising indeed. Love your approach and I can't wait to see the finished article. Shame about the commentary, as not many faneditors seem to do them, but hey can't wait to check this out nevertheless.

Only just come across this edit, so I'm sorry I'm late to the party.... As a huge fan of Bond I'm often intrigued when a new 007 fanedit is announced. Especially as I haven't tackled one since last year. Must say this looks very promising indeed. Love your approach and I can't wait to see the finished article. Shame about the commentary, as not many faneditors seem to do them, but hey can't wait to check this out nevertheless.
No need to apologise, glad to have you here! I was hoping to have a crack at a commentary but my first attempt got buggered up when my microphone died. Second attempt, bought a new one and recorded it fine but I hated my commentary because I sounded too awkward:ROFLMAO:. I'm in the process of getting the edit cleared. I have an issue with the framerate and getting some help sorting that out. So maybe there's still time to record one, maybe. I'd love to check out your Bond edits, they sound right up my alley especially the OHMSS and LTK edits. OMHSS is my favourite Bond film and LTK being my third favourite.

I had a chance to view this wonderful cut. Omg, what a difference the background score makes!!!! Just this is possible is wonderful. So my thoughts

Pros:
  • Score if corrected (thank god, because the original score is god awful ad suited for the movie)
  • The 3rd act which was supposed to take place is near darkness is lighted corrected to the way the original director wanted it to be. It made no sense in the theatrical cut (due to the cinematographer going on holiday, yep!)
The above two things alone elevate the movie so so much than whatever was released in the theaters by a huge margin and is in one good sean connery movies overall since he looks not bored unlike thunderball here.

Cons:
  • The first sequence is somewhat weird with the flying jets during training exercise which didn't exist (i am purist in the sense of adding the unnecessary stuff)
  • Breakneck editing. The film doesn't breathe many of the original dialogues are cut making it an weird exeperience since the jokes don't land anymore as they used to.
  • Removal of the original NSNA theme song... The iconic NSNA song has been removed in this cut (it would have been nice if it could be incorporated too, since this is intended to showcase a lighter tone the movie is taking compared to the older Bond movies)
  • Some of the background score is out of place for the action taking place on screen
The cons are very very very minor compared to the pros that this cut brings and will probably be the preferred version of NSNA to watch going forward. Just one thing is the quality of fanedit is a bit very low compared to the Bluray I have. I hope there can be a higher quality release for this cut of the movie, just cause I am preferring this one to the original and want a higher quality version for archival and enjoyment.

Hello!

I'm fairly new to the forums and quite obviously several months late to the party here. But I couldn't resist once I ran across this edit in the IFDB listing! It looks phenomenal. I'm a longtime fan of NSNA - saw it in the theaters as a kid and thoroughly enjoyed it (more than Octopussy, actually). I also remember reading about the movie - it's yearslong gestation in coming to be, the actualy production itself - in Starlog magazine (...remember that?). I also saw a brief "Making of..." feature from the old "Lights! Camera! Action!" show on Nickelodeon, hosted by Leonard Nimoy.

I was relatively new to the Bond series at that time, but was already a devoted fan. I got a big kick out of seeing NSNA in the theaters, although watching it as an adult I can't help but catch the flaws (Some of those orignal shots/edits are cringeworthy, and the less said about the soundtrack by Michel Legrand, the better). But in spite of all that, the film remains an enjoyable romp.

I'm truly looking forward to checking this out! I want to thank the editor for all of the meticulous work and love put into this.

My only regret is that I didn't catch this earlier, in its development. I don't know whether any of you are familiar with Rich Douglas - ? He's a composer and a massive James Bond fan. He's done a lot of his own renditions of a lot of the classical Barry themes and incorporated them into his own original material. He's also done his own soundtracks to some nonexistent Bond stories (kind of a proof of concept album kind of thing). You can find a lot of his stuff on YouTube. If I were in charge of the Bond movies, I'd hire him to do the soundtracks in a heartbeat! His stuff is a kind of blend of Barry and David Arnold.

And... He did his own rescore of NSNA! It's actually pretty darned good! Had I known about this project sooner, I'd have suggested using some of his tracks.

But I also more than understand using as much of the original Barry pieces as possible to maintain that classic Bond sound & feel. :)

In any event, THANK YOU, World of James Bond, for doing this!

Last edited:
I had a chance to view this wonderful cut. Omg, what a difference the background score makes!!!! Just this is possible is wonderful.
You're very welcome!
Score if corrected (thank god, because the original score is god awful ad suited for the movie)
Yes, the original score is pretty bad. A shame really, Michel Legrand was a great composer.
The 3rd act which was supposed to take place is near darkness is lighted corrected to the way the original director wanted it to be. It made no sense in the theatrical cut (due to the cinematographer going on holiday, yep!)
I'm glad someone noticed this. One of the many reasons for tackling this edit was colour correcting this very sequence. It always looked too bright and made it look more like a set. My intention was to make the setting more atmospheric and ominous.
I hope there can be a higher quality release for this cut of the movie, just cause I am preferring this one to the original and want a higher quality version for archival and enjoyment.
At some point, I would like to do a HD remaster. Unfortunately, I had to condense the file size for the sake of convenience. Running out of storage space is a bloody pain in the arse.
Hello!

I'm fairly new to the forums and quite obviously several months late to the party here. But I couldn't resist once I ran across this edit in the IFDB listing! It looks phenomenal. I'm a longtime fan of NSNA - saw it in the theaters as a kid and thoroughly enjoyed it (more than Octopussy, actually). I also remember reading about the movie - it's yearslong gestation in coming to be, the actualy production itself - in Starlog magazine (...remember that?). I also saw a brief "Making of..." feature from the old "Lights! Camera! Action!" show on Nickelodeon, hosted by Leonard Nimoy.
Welcome, sir! Nice to meet another fan of NSNA. I must admit I do prefer to it to Octopussy myself. Speaking of the "Lights! Camera! Action!" featurette, I have a VHS rip of that. I'm thinking of compiling a companion set of special features with this edit including some recreated trailers, one of which I have posted on my channel.

Widescreen Recreation of the rare International Theatrical Trailer:
I was relatively new to the Bond series at that time, but was already a devoted fan. I got a big kick out of seeing NSNA in the theaters, although watching it as an adult I can't help but catch the flaws (Some of those orignal shots/edits are cringeworthy, and the less said about the soundtrack by Michel Legrand, the better). But in spite of all that, the film remains an enjoyable romp.
Agreed!
I'm truly looking forward to checking this out! I want to thank the editor for all of the meticulous work and love put into this.
Thank you!
My only regret is that I didn't catch this earlier, in its development. I don't know whether any of you are familiar with Rich Douglas - ? He's a composer and a massive James Bond fan. He's done a lot of his own renditions of a lot of the classical Barry themes and incorporated them into his own original material. He's also done his own soundtracks to some nonexistent Bond stories (kind of a proof of concept album kind of thing). You can find a lot of his stuff on YouTube. If I were in charge of the Bond movies, I'd hire him to do the soundtracks in a heartbeat! His stuff is a kind of blend of Barry and David Arnold.
No need for regrets, check your PM. I like Rich's work but I must admit I wasn't really wowed by his NSNA album, it felt like it was missing passion for the film itself and more like rescoring for the sake of it.
In any event, THANK YOU, World of James Bond, for doing this!
Thank you for the support!

Last edited:
Saw this awesome cut of NSNA and love it. I actually joined this forum after watching the pre-title sequence on YouTube. The new music is transformative (and a technical accomplishment) but the film is also trimmed all over the place to improve numerous bits of dialogue and exposition. I found myself smiling constantly as a witty line transports you to the next location. This is an expert fan edit that surpasses the original in nearly every way.

I watched this edit this week and it's great fun: the new score really makes the whole thing feel more classy and actually more coherent than previous attempts to add a Bond score to the film. It's perhaps a little more downbeat than a real Bond score, but there's still flashes of Bond in there, and it certainly feels more dangerous and serious than the original. The trims are generally very tidy and make the whole film move very nicely too. Great stuff!

Saw this awesome cut of NSNA and love it. I actually joined this forum after watching the pre-title sequence on YouTube. The new music is transformative (and a technical accomplishment) but the film is also trimmed all over the place to improve numerous bits of dialogue and exposition. I found myself smiling constantly as a witty line transports you to the next location. This is an expert fan edit that surpasses the original in nearly every way.
I watched this edit this week and it's great fun: the new score really makes the whole thing feel more classy and actually more coherent than previous attempts to add a Bond score to the film. It's perhaps a little more downbeat than a real Bond score, but there's still flashes of Bond in there, and it certainly feels more dangerous and serious than the original. The trims are generally very tidy and make the whole film move very nicely too. Great stuff!
Thank you, guys. That really means a lot!:D

Back
Top Bottom