• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

James Bond 007: Beyond The Ice

If you have watched this fanedit, please rate it here:

• 10 stars (awesome)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 9 stars

• 8 stars

• 7 stars

• 6 stars (average)

• 5 stars

• 4 stars

• 3 stars

• 2 stars

• 1 star (atrocious)

• Total voters
  • Poll votes is visible for users with special permission.
"Ian Fleming's James Bond 007 in Die Another Day: Beyond the Ice"

Yikes! :?

I'd suggest dropping "Die Another Day" altogether, or put it in the fine print "A Fan Edit of Die Another Day" or something to that effect. I really tried to obliterate the title except for the one line where it's used to great effect in the film itself. That helps further differentiate it from the original film.

Sorry for stealing the review thread for ADM's film. Someone might have to open another :)

Thanks for the comments. I'm warming (no pun intended) to the sole name of Beyond The Ice. Might go for something along the lines of this poster but with think it over for a few days.

no need to be sorry, your review (rather a comment) is absolutely fine.

Really good job, ADM!

Die Another Day was not one of the best Bond films by any means, and this edit doesn't do much to lift it out of that class.

Beyond The Ice IS, however, a far less annoying version, which makes it reasonably more enjoyable to watch, even if the film itself still feels a little stale. It's almost as if the creative team has worn out its welcome by this stage and have signed their contracts to include one film too many.

Anyway, thanks for the effort, ADM! :) It is a definite improvement over the original. No question.

--InfoDroid

Another great edit by ADM!

Everything that annoyed me about the original flim is gone! No Madonna, no invisible car, no tidal wave surfing.... a definite improvement over the original and a more fitting exit for Bronson as Bond.

Thumbs Up! :D

...and a more fitting exit for Bronson as Bond.
cool... Bronson as Bond :)
"You got a car for me?" " I only see 2 cars." "You got 2 too many."

I can't wait to finish downloading this!!

One question though... for the opening title song, why didn't you use Red Flag's "Beyond The Ice", which was actually written for the movie?

Honestly, I didn't know about it. Ya learn something new every day. :)

Yeah, it's a pretty decent song. (Better than that Madonna crap, anyway...) Kinda cheesy though, 'cause they wove a bunch of Bond movie titles into the lyrics.

But hey, if you found a song that better suits the opening titles, more power to you!! :grin:

It's Over, It's Under works amazingly well. The way the visuals match the lyrics is quite eerie.

I've had this one for a while, and it is excellent. But, then again, so is all of Digitalman's stuff.

This thing is edited so smoothly, I frankly can't even remember where stuff like the invisible car chase was originally...

Digitalman, do you have any skill in sound editing? If so, I may turn to you for help on "Moonraker"...

Well, thanks to my edits, in a lot of spots, my edit of "Moonraker" sounds like an utter mess. I was hoping that I could isolate the sounds and music from the 5.1 audio using DVD Audio Extractor, but there's too much overlap between them... and unfortunately, most of the score *isn't* on the soundtrack album! :-(

So, I was looking for someone a lot more skilled than I am (when it comes to dubbing sound, I'm totally inexperienced) to help me put the sounds and music back the right way and smooth out the audio jumps.

Check out the audio portion of This Guide and it may help. It's my technique for smoothing out all those harsh jumps. It'll take a while to finesse, but the results should make you very happy.

This is a brilliant edit. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making this film watchable again. The invisible car always made me want to barf.

Man, you should be working for the people making the next Bond flick.

Stunning job.

Thanks.

Always glad to know my hobby actually made somebody else's day. :)

RS available on linktalk

Back
Top Bottom