• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Vote now in wave 1 of the FEOTM Reboot!

Is Fan Editing Intellectual Content Piracy?

QuickCut said:
the intellect of the people who made the movie was lacking?

demotivational-posters-not-sure-if-trolling.jpg

Neglify said:
You making fun of yourself?

Yes and no. I was simultaneously 1. making fun of myself 2. making fun of George Lucas 3. say something vaguely related to the thread

Edit: NVM. YES, I WAS MAKING FUN OF MYSELF. :p

I get into this argument with friends, who equate re-editing with sampling in music.
They know I was involved with music for a long time, and had a low opinion of DJs who appropriated beats to polish their limited stylin.
The difference I point out, is that fan edits don't make a tuppence. Artists who sample, do take profits when they can.

Saw this on io9 and knew that it had to be reposted somewhere. Why not here, says I?

original.jpg

The scary part is, this is not a Photoshop. That eagle really stole that knife from a photographer.

As if big ass eagles flying at you with claws extended isn't scary enough already...

I'm never going outside again.

Haha, someone else bumped the thread, nice. :D

While a good picture, I'm not sure what it has to do with the Intellectual Property discussion. Did I miss something?

Q2 said:
While a good picture, I'm not sure what it has to do with the Intellectual Property discussion. Did I miss something?

Yes. Yes you did.

You might want to start with the first post, Q.

Back
Top Bottom