• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Iron Man 3 Reforged

addiesin, it doesn't matter what kind of monitor you're using... If in one shot his skin tone looks totally different than in the next shot, you know something's wrong.

My point: there's a more yellow tone in his white suit once the deleted scene footage starts.

white suit and regular tanned but still flesh coloured skin tones:
3j8kL7t.png

deleted scene with a yellowish white suit and Transformers-orange tanned skin tones:
GfDPg1b.png

addiesin said:
Spoiler tags because cuddly ninja used them:

Hope they're not excessive. I just try to do that with all spoilers. Someone once reminded me that mods have to read everything and while I personally don't know anyone who hasn't seen this movie, surely they must exist, right? :p

Anyway, back on topic: I hadn't really thought of it like that. You make a great point. I guess I just bought the whole "Tony is a genius and can do magical things" routine. Which doesn't really make any more sense than what bugged me about the scene. So I take back what I said. I'd rather have Killian look a little dumber when many parts of his plan are dumb anyway than have Tony be a super genius at everything. Thanks for pointing that out.

Kal-El said:
addiesin, it doesn't matter what kind of monitor you're using... If in one shot his skin tone looks totally different than in the next shot, you know something's wrong.

And on the monitor I'm using, the difference is subtle, not jarring. To me right now it looks 95% the same. If it doesn't look that way to you, then the two of us are having a different experience, so yes the monitor does matter.

Thanks to everyone for the feedback on the color correction. I went in and touched it up some more and I think it looks good.

I went back for another 2 passes on the edit tonight and i was able to achieve a few more of the harder cut's that i couldn't pull of last night. There is still once scene i want to cut but i have came at every way possible. But it looks like the Iron man suit walking down the stairs like a fool is going to have to stay. I'm not happy about it but I have spent many hours trying to make that cut work and it just doesnt.

I have also updated the cut list

I will be making what i hope to be the Final print tomorrow. I would like to get one new previewer to preview the cut and give input.

Also Much thanks goes to JJE-187 for doing the Art work for my edit

I have been working on how to cut the scene of Iron Man walking down the stairs like a idiot for days. This scene has been driving me nuts. I think i have got it but I am not sure so i attached the clip below. Looking to see what people think.

When he says "aw crap" I can still hear when it cuts

I don't see the editor's name anywhere.

well on the pic on the first page, there is no editor name either.
It is just a working copy- not the final version.

Looks cool, but a few thoughts
1) Centre the title on the front cover and have the Reforged title beneath it, also centred
2) The studio information on the back cover looks strange pushed over to the right. Looks like it should be centred, or cover the entire width of the back cover (without being stretched, need to maintain AR)
3) Add the editor's name.

You should really just take your time on it and post when it's done, instead of updating the thread a bunch of times with an incomplete version

Wow this thread has been busy! Thanks for the input on the last clip. I have another cut that I am not sure that works. I cut the PTSD scene out of the bar scene but had a hard time finding the right place to cut. Here is what i have come up with.

Nice. I love that joke so I'm glad that's staying. It might sound slightly better if the music comes in a little earlier, after the joke but before the cut.

Some alt titles...

Iron Man 3: Stark Reality Cut
Iron Man 3: Stark Contrast Edition

...anything with a pun on Stark really ;-)

Missing covers have been restored.

Why would you remove all the panic attack scenes? I actually quite liked that subplot.

Back
Top Bottom