• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Iron Man 3 Reforged

juice4z0

Reaction score
Trophy Points
14j3y35.jpg

Fanedit Film Name

Iron Man 3: Reforged
<strong>

Brief Synopsis

Shield has been all but destroyed and a new threat reveals itself as Iron Man is forced to take on the Mandarin by himself.
Faneditor Name
Juice4z0
Tagline
-
Original Film Name
Iron Man 3
Studio Name
Marvel
Genre
Action
Franchise
Marvel
Fanedit Type
True FanEdit
Original Running Time
130 minutes
Original Release Date
Fanedit Running Time
106 minutes
Fanedit Release Date
November 2015
Amount of time cut.
~14 minutes
Amount of time added.
~4 minutes
Intention
The main goal of the edit was to remove the kid character. I found the child and all parts to do with him unbearable. By doing that I was able to achieve my secondary goal of cutting the small town scenes as much as possible. Plot holes addressed by not having the child in the movie were mostly covered by Tony&#8217;s original reason for going to Tennessee. I wanted to cut the flame breathing stupidity but it left a huge plot hole of what happened to Rhodes.

Cut-List
-Cut the intro 1999 flashback.
-Replaced music during the logo screens with new reports.
-Cut Mark 42 testing scene completely.
-Cut PTSD scene in the restaurant.
-Adjusted first Mandarin scene to remove Tony&#8217;s voice over.
-Cut the Mark 42 looking at Pepper during conversation about Killian
-Cut entire sleeping scene with the Mk 42 attacking Pepper
-Cut the mechanical arms falling and making beeping noises.
-Cut Jarvis telling Tony to take a deep breath
-Cut all scenes with Haley the annoying kid
-Cut the male bad guys role in the small town fight. Now Tony is only fighting the Extrimis women.
-Cut all references to the watch
-Cut all of the TV truck guy
-Created custom scene to replace unused Haley footage, now Tony is talking to only Jarvis in the car.
-Cut scene of Iron Man walking down the stairs like an idiot.
-Added Deleted scene with Maya
-Cut the scene with the henchmen looking at the pink watch.
-Cut Tony's line when catching the helmet "Not again"
-Cut Tony's line about the prodigal son returning
-Cut the Iron Man fireworks at the end
-Added Easter egg to final monologue.
-Changed music during credits
-Cut all existing after credit scenes and added custom scene.

Technical Info
Vegas 10
Dvd Architect
Cool Edit Pro

Release information

• 480p SD MP4
  • 1080p MP4

Special Features
-
Art

Special Thanks to:
-
JJE-187for doing the art work for this edit

I can't hate "Blue" as much as I've tried to.:oops:

Zarius said:
I can't hate "Blue" as much as I've tried to.:oops:

I agree by itself the song isn't that hate worthy, but when placed into a Iron Man movie it makes me Rage.

juice4z0 said:
I agree by itself the song isn't that hate worthy, but when placed into a Iron Man movie it makes me Rage.

Yeah, Guardians was the one that got the retro music thing a little more right. Smart idea to go with the news reports for the open.

GREAT TO SEE YOU BACK JUICE! Very interested to see how this edit pans out.

Do you plan to incorporate any of the short "All Hail the King"?

Zarius - The news reports under the logo helped me establish that this movie takes place after the events of Winter Soldier and there is no SHIELD. I felt placing it after the events of Winter Soldier really helped explain why no one helped Tony.

Neglify - It's a lot better than I expected. I for the first time enjoyed sitting down and watching Iron Man 3. I am not going to lie with the stuff that is cut some of the plot points that were cut are covered by a single line of dialog. The bad part is it reminded me of editing the Final Nightmare. Also the first print is complete but I learned my lesson about releasing an edit before someone else has seen it.

Addiesin - Yes, but not as much as I would have liked. Without spoiling what I used and where. I think I got across the message that All Hail the King was meant to.

I like all hail the king as a short, but really only the last few minutes arre kind of relevant, the rest is just a rehash of Trevor doing his monologue thing.

juice4z0 said:
Amount of time added.
-

addiesin said:
Do you plan to incorporate any of the short "All Hail the King"?

juice4z0 said:
Yes, but not as much as I would have liked.

manuel-que.jpg

;-) Also, according to Blu-Ray.com, IM3 has...

Deleted and Extended Scenes (HD, 16 minutes): A rather lengthy toybox packed with cuts, extensions, improvisations, outtakes, and more traditional deleted scenes; some good, some hilarious, some wisely exorcised from the final film.

Is there nothing worth using?

TM2YC said:
manuel-que.jpg

;-) Also, according to Blu-Ray.com, IM3 has...

Good catch, I did forget to add the time from All Hail the King. As for the deleted scenes. For the most part I don't like them. They add to things I dislike about the movie. For example there is a deleted scene where the henchman calls Trevor to tell him about the explosion at the theater and Trevor replies something like "Lets make TV". I will take another look at them but I don't know.

I do have a print of the edit finished that needs previewing if anyone is up to it. My only request is if you ask to preview it you send feedback. Thats the whole point of a preview. :p

I'll watch it, and give feedback. I've seen the theatrical cut 3 times, but the last time over a year ago.

Thank you to the two people who are previewing my edit. No more previews will be sent out, but on the plus side I hope to have the edit out this month baring any major issues found during the preview

TM2YC said:

Well after you calling me out, I went back and watched the deleted scenes again, there is ONE I think might work and helps flesh a character out. So eff you but at the same time thanks! :)

Also thanks to Jlt0003 for already watching my edit and sending some awesome feedback! You rock sir.

juice4z0 said:
So eff you but at the same time thanks! :)

I know that feeling all too well lol!

Can't wait to see this!

Ok after getting feedback from my previewers I have made another pass. There were a lot of good ideas, some of which i was able to use. Some I wanted to use but couldn't make it work.

I have added a deleted scene, but it required a lot of color correction. I'm going to post the video and would like some feed back on the color correction. The first and last few seconds are from the normal film the middle chunk is the deleted scene.

The first jump from regular to deleted scene is noticeable in terms of colour grading. Could perhaps use another touch up? Everything else is near flawless. Also, was it just me though or did the flower explosion vfx seem kind of iffy? 'Not-finished'? Don't know... Cool scene though.

I didn't notice a difference in color; it flowed well. I personally don't like the scene, though.

I didn't like the flower effects and I think that Killian walking away from her while she's clearly alive and now on Tony's side is mega-dumb. Villains do a lot of stupid things in these movies but that's kind of a bridge too far for me. I also think the suddenness of her change of heart and death is very effective and that impact is lessened by it being dragged out a bit. Her death explosion in particular was an effect I didn't think looked good.

addiesin said:
I thought it looked great.

thecuddlyninja said:
I didn't notice a difference in color; it flowed well. I personally don't like the scene, though.

Could've been thrown off by the bright flower at the beginning of the deleted scene but I could've sworn Killian's skin tone changed (and not while he was 'warming up').

Kal-El said:
Could've been thrown off by the bright flower at the beginning of the deleted scene but I could've sworn Killian's skin tone changed (and not while he was 'warming up').
Could be, my work pc monitor, home monitor/tv screen, and phone all make things look totally different. I'm at work now, and didn't notice a jarring change, instead I got swept up by the story in the deleted scene.

Spoiler tags because cuddly ninja used them:
It might make Killian a little dumber but I think it helps the ending make more sense, when Tony's voiceover of something like "well I fixed up Pepper" totally glosses over what I would consider a major plot point, IE fixing Extremis with no time or materials available to him. If he has literally ALL of their research, somehow that makes it more believable for me. I like!

Back
Top Bottom