• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Interstellar: Where We're Going

Thanks very much. I've made that adjustment, and will do the same for any other clips I share from Drive.

I posted this as a bit of a joke, but I am genuinely looking for a way to leave this scene at the school without Hanly/Cooper's discussion about the faked moon landing. It's some nice world-building, but this scene mostly provides an excuse for Murphy to be home from school, so I'm trimming it to improve pacing. Plus, even in the original movie, we don't actually see what leads to her being suspended. Presumably things go down hill after Cooper says, "I think I'll take her to that". My hope is that Cooper's body language after the discussion about Tom is enough to sell that things don't go well re: Murphy, but I need a solid beat for the joke to work.

I've tried a hard cut after "...about Murph", and also a hard cut after, "...she's really bright" (which I sort of like 'cause it's often a euphemism). I think they both work, but maybe only because I'm familiar with the movie. I'm now experimenting with a way to let ambient noise drown out what Hanly is saying, since that forces the audience to say focused on Cooper's reaction instead of her words.

Thoughts?

Would it work with improved sound effects, or is this a lost cause?

I may try a slow motion shot of Principle/Hanley before the cut, but I think that would be noticed too...I don't have software to smooth it out with frame interpolation.

NOTE: Mods, sorry if I share this incorrectly again.

I'm sorry, it's a lot later, but I listened to the clip between murphy and Cooper using my headphones and it sounds and looks good to me. Ofcourse, I am but one editor. But I think it works.

I'm sorry, it's a lot later, but I listened to the clip between murphy and Cooper using my headphones and it sounds and looks good to me. Ofcourse, I am but one editor. But I think it works.
Thanks, I appreciate you taking a listen.

Something I'm learning in all this is if my change takes the viewer out of the movie, that's worse than leaving the scene as it is. This one is probably skating that edge.

Yeah, I've given up on removing that dialog. Instead, I'm letting it play out normally but cutting after, "...always the calmer one". I do like that we get more back-story for Cooper this way, and the cut feels more natural.

First stab at a poster...
duLKyWq.png

Edited. Original content redacted by creator.

Last edited:
Edited. Original content redacted by creator.

Last edited:
Cover v2:
  • Warped space
  • Star field
  • Textures
  • Re-balanced text
  • Morse code

CV9VNhQ.png

Sorry, I'm adding revisions as I go. But I'll update my opening post with a cover once I'm satisfied. I'll stop adding revisions if it's getting noisy.

This edit is currently being reviewed for approval by Wraith.

ArtisDead and Wraith are assisting with some final polish on this edit. Many thanks to both of them for pushing me to take this edit to the next level!

For those who may be interested in viewing, I appreciate your ongoing patience.

Last edited:
Absolutely love that teaser! Very excited about the trailer!

@INIGHTMARES is also very much involved in polishing your edit. You may not see their input, however, I assure that you have implemented some input that originated with them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom