• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

Indiana Jones and The Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - The Spence Edit

It looks great!! But Indy's shoulder has a bit too low of a opacity, and you can see Cate Blanchett's hair shine through.

I would put "The Spence Edit" in smaller lettering and a different font so it doesn't read like "Kingdom of the Crystal Skullthespence Edit". The title is just "Kingdom of the Crystal Skull". "The Spence Edit" is just a specification of the version.

The image is nice, but the palette is cold and devoid of the film's main setting of the Amazon, let alone New Mexico. Gives a bit of a false impression of what the movie's about.
My intention was to present a poster that was more along the lines of a classic poster from decades ago, as well as, an almost art print look. Thanks for your feedback.

Which font is it? SF Fedora? Adventure?

It looks great!! But Indy's shoulder has a bit too low of a opacity, and you can see Cate Blanchett's hair shine through.
Great eye! I guess I need to fix that.

So here's my first run at changing the opening transition. This is definitely a "path of least resistance" type thing, just replacing the prairie dog mound with a mountain in death valley. Very not final:

Opening Credits, First Try

Here is the same clip, but I added some slight camera movement (slow zoom) and some dust particle effects to give it the appearance of an actual shot as opposed to a still image. I also added a radio tuning to the music. It sells it all a bit better. Still working on it. Might try to get some clouds in the sky so the top half has more going on.

Opening Credits, Second Try

Last edited:
Personally, i like the first try, maybe perhaps I'm someone who likes simplicity.

I prefer the second. It seems more fitting.

Last edited:
I like the direction you're headed. Some thoughts:
Color match the sky to the next shot
Do a slow zoom out
add some film grain and an ever so slight jitter

I rendered out a workprint of the first 20 minutes, but I've only got it on Google Drive. I can't remember if I'm allowed to post Gdrive links in here?

I rendered out a workprint of the first 20 minutes, but I've only got it on Google Drive. I can't remember if I'm allowed to post Gdrive links in here?
Should be a setting after you upload to disable downloads, which would only allow it to be streamed. That got the ok way back when.

I just updated the first post with a more detailed changelist:

Changelist:
- Change the color/white balance to look more like the old films.
- New transition from the Paramount Logo to a newly created mountain shot. "Hound Dog!" plays from the beginning over it until we transition to the car.
- Cut Mac's lines about betting on getting out of this.
- Cut "I meant drop dead comrade" and the punch that precedes it.
- Cut the line about "wubbalyoos".
- Cut Spalko trying and failing to be psychic. This goes nowhere, and she never successfully does anything telepathic in the film so the whole concept is dropped.
- Cut some of the searching around the warehouse.
- We only see the hand of the alien for now, as an attempt at keeping some mystery.
- Cleaned up the Mac is a Bad Guy reveal.
- Made Indy start running quicker after shooting the guy in the foot.
- Cut Mac's "You don't know him!" bit.
- Removed a cutaway to Spalko and Mac getting in a truck.
- Trimmed a lot of silliness in Nuketown, Indy is now significantly more concerned.
- Cut a lot of the tumbling of the fridge, so it seems like he maybe could have survived.
- Cut the bit where they're scrubbing the radiation off of Indy.
- Cut Mutt repeating "That's my mother" so he only says it once.
- Sped up the gap between "knife" and "gunfight"
- Lots of trims to the crypt sequence to speed it up and get the story moving.
- Cut the bit where Indy tries to purloin a knife.
- Cut "saucer men from mars"
- Cut Ox dancing at the campfire.
- Trimmed Marion's introduction so it's more quippy and feels like banter from Raiders.
- Cut the snake being used as a rope. Mac and Spalko show up after Indy says "why the hell didn't you make him finish school?!"
- Cut some of the back and forth in the back of the truck.
- Cut Indy slicing into his pants.
- Cut Marion grinning.
- Seriously trimmed up the jungle chase sequence to move faster and have less obviously silly moments.
- Some minor cuts to the ants scene for pacing and to remove unnecessary silly jokes (like Spalko crushing an ant with her knees)
- Only one waterfall, which is a combination of the three original ones.
- Some light trims to the end section of the movie for pacing and to remove unnecessary gags.

It's running about 1hr 50min right now, which feels about right.

Looks great, i like the transistion from the logo to the mountain! Becareful using Streamable, they remove copyrighted stuff quick. The download option is also still on.

Here's my attempt at punching up Spalko's death and escaping the temple.

- I moved Mac's death in it's entirety to before this scene so it can play out in full, before Spalko's death plays out in full.
- I reworked the music so everything blends together right.
- I zoomed in the shot where Spalko's eyes begin burning so the alien isn't in it.
- Removed the close up of the Alien mugging right into the camera.
- Removed some of Spalko's weird noises.
- Added music to running up the stairs.

Back
Top Bottom