• Most new users don't bother reading our rules. Here's the one that is ignored almost immediately upon signup: DO NOT ASK FOR FANEDIT LINKS PUBLICLY. First, read the FAQ. Seriously. What you want is there. You can also send a message to the editor. If that doesn't work THEN post in the Trade & Request forum. Anywhere else and it will be deleted and an infraction will be issued.
  • If this is your first time here please read our FAQ and Rules pages. They have some useful information that will get us all off on the right foot, especially our Own the Source rule. If you do not understand any of these rules send a private message to one of our staff for further details.
  • Please read our Rules & Guidelines

Read BEFORE posting Trades & Request

In Your Opinion... What Fanedit BLEW Your Mind?

^ Totally transforms the tone of the film with just great editing.

^ A wild, wild ride.

^ Epic! Makes the best movie ever made (barely joking) even better.

^ Some of the finest FX I've seen in an edit. You'd never know this was ever two movies spliced together.
Absolutely agree that all of those are transformative and grand in their scope and vision. Especially, that blue one.

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this so not that much experience.
Got her through an interview with Bobson Dugnutt on the ZineRadio podcast, which is typically about DemoScene.
I was happily surprised that the fanedit scene and the demoscene, share unbridled passion, professionalism and urge for perfection ... and over-the-top attention to detail.
That being said, from what I watched this weekend Dune (1984) The Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition which is one of my favourite movies gave me the feeling it added the last missing 10% from the original.
As someone who read the books back in the 80's before seeing the movie, I was very happy that Lynch made it but always had the feeling some parts of the story were rushed over.
This edit completely negated that feeling for me.

With the original BladeRunner as my all-time favourite movie, I have qued up some of them as well...

-Blade Runner - Penultimate Cut
-Blade Runners
-Tears in the Rain
(sorry, I can't post links to the IFDB, but I think the versions are sufficiently defined to see which ones I mean)

Jobj

Hey guys,

I'm pretty new to this so not that much experience.
Got her through an interview with Bobson Dugnutt on the ZineRadio podcast, which is typically about DemoScene.
I was happily surprised that the fanedit scene and the demoscene, share unbridled passion, professionalism and urge for perfection ... and over-the-top attention to detail.
That being said, from what I watched this weekend Dune (1984) The Alternative Edition Redux | Special 1080p Edition which is one of my favourite movies gave me the feeling it added the last missing 10% from the original.
As someone who read the books back in the 80's before seeing the movie, I was very happy that Lynch made it but always had the feeling some parts of the story were rushed over.
This edit completely negated that feeling for me.

With the original BladeRunner as my all-time favourite movie, I have qued up some of them as well...

-Blade Runner - Penultimate Cut
-Blade Runners
-Tears in the Rain
(sorry, I can't post links to the IFDB, but I think the versions are sufficiently defined to see which ones I mean)

Jobj
Love this. Bladerunner is one of my all time favorite movies. I agree with you that there are a plethora of excellent edits of that movie on this forum.

@TM2YC's edit, is legendary for certain and will be the edit all others are compared.

I also include @Wraith's edit The Final Voiceover Restoration in that assessment.

I also concur with you on @ranger613 edit. Very interesting take focusing on the replicants themselves

Last edited:
I’m gonna have to shout out the GOAT: Paradise! https://ifdb.fanedit.org/paradise/

I have never seen an edit transform a movie from something I thought was so dumb and lame into something so freaking amazing. Like I wish it was official so even more people could see it! I wanna give it five stars on Letterboxd and put it in my favorites!

Halloween II: Return Of Michael Myers by Ryantology is also an all time favorite of mine. I tend to watch fanfixes but the few fanmixes I enjoy are really something special.

Batman and Robin: Deep Freeze is a perfect 10 all time classic fan edit that deserves a lot more attention. I love it. What Superman Redeemed did for the Superman Franchise, Deep Freeze did for the Batman franchise. @MusicEd921 absolutely crushed it. It's like having a whole new Batman movie to enjoy.

Easily my favourite fanedit was @DigModiFicaTion Solo edit - The Coaxium Heist

I've seen others that genuinely are fantastic but that one is my personal favourite.

Another notable work would be:

@subjectzero and their collection of B5 edits. It is a stunning piece of work and very well realised.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom